• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 PS4 Open Beta Discussion - October 14th to October 17th

Man this thread was buried. Just found it. I hope the servers are fixed by tomorrow since the beta is almost over with at this point. Maybe they can extend it a day since the game is releasing on the 25th and it would be exactly 1 week lol.

GunBR

How many missions you can play after
Vegeta and Nappa Oozaru?
I'm almost giving up, this fight is kinda boring and I died twice against
Vegeta

Durden77

Your beta save file won't transfer to the full game so no reason not to transfer your XV1 save data & character to the beta. You'll have to do it again for the full game.

Oh ok cool, I was worried that it may not let me in the full game if I did it in the beta because I heard it was like a 1 time thing.

Bout to try and fire it up, hope it works!

tribal24

Banned
ugh again with this nasty grey filter on PS4 i thought they would fix it by now. ohhh i see they fixed it by putting all your brightness up. Any idea why the grey filter is at default, is it the engine?

Durden77

Got in no problem. Yeah i'm gonna play the shit out of this game. The improvements are excellent, so far right on the money for what needed to be made better.

idonteven

majin vegeta event is live at the beach area

he is pretty damn tough...our team was not able to kill him i think you need to do some insane Dps

Cromat

Finally got it to work. The fighting system feels pretty tight, much better than the Budokai Tenkaichi days. I'll probably get this now.

Arrrammis

Welp, downloaded yesterday morning planning on trying it out, but servers have been down the entire time... I haven't even been able to get on to mess around with the character creation. Well done Bandai.

RocknRola

Seems to be working great today! :D

Have been able to do a lot. It's really fun! Though I'm noticing that the story missions seem a bit "broken" between each other, it's a bit jarring at times but nothing that I can't get used to.

Also, playing with 6 players and have the game handle it like a champ is amazing!! :D

I am still playing online. Didn't left the game for 2 days, because i know i won't get back into the server once i leave lol.

Works without problems when you get past the login. Players join my lobby 10 seconds after opening it. Everyone with good connections.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
14650062_10202327214097896_7247501383586064225_n.jpg

I at least made it this far.

Good thing the file select music is so good, because I haven't been able to get past that screen since Friday.

The launch is gonna be a shitshow just like Xenoverse 1 was, I'm guessing.

Now that I know that
I'll occasionally run into my XV1 character
, should I go ahead and finish the first game?

Though, while I may not buy this Day 1, I'm worried I may burn out.

Jeremy

Got to play one this weekend lol Servers really were busted!

Fun game though, won't buy day 1 but will buy for sure!

I finally got in about 10 minutes ago but now it crashes during the intro cutscenes right as my character is walking forward to hide behind the wall.

Deadstar

This game seems very fun after playing for a few hours.

Does anyone know if you can transform in versus? How does it work? Does this game have same screen versus or is it one player per system?

Where do i go after i beat zarbon, and dodoria?

Go visit all of the floating rift areas on the map. You can access these by using a teleport robot. There's one in every area I believe.

Still haven't managed to get in once. I can sometimes get by the character creator but before the series of cutscenes are done it loses connection. Is there some workaround I'm missing or something?

Deadstar

Still haven't managed to get in once. I can sometimes get by the character creator but before the series of cutscenes are done it loses connection. Is there some workaround I'm missing or something?

If you can get in, you'll stay in. I got past the character selection screen as as soon as I got in the hub it said I lost connection, but I've been playing in "offline mode" ever since.

Vegeta doesn't sound like Sabat. Is it not voice acted by him?

Arrrammis

Final got in enough to watch the first two cutscenes, and before I could load into the hub area: "a communication error has occurred, you will be returned to the title screen". Ugh.

If you can get in, you'll stay in. I got past the character selection screen as as soon as I got in the hub it said I lost connection, but I've been playing in "offline mode" ever since.

Sabat is the voice director for these games iirc. It's definitely him.

Skeeter49

Got a few parallel quests and those story missions done, and did the tutorials for the Expert mission. Didn't know most of the parallel quests were locked behind doing them online for the beta, kind of hilarious in hindsight with how bad connecting to the game has been.

The quests you can do for Frieza, Buu, Satan, Vegeta, and Guru sound neat. The ones in those rift areas.
Too late for this to be beneficial now unless they extend the beta, but if you get in, put your game in rest mode if you're done for a while, it won't kick you out when you go back on.

Durden77

Got to play a lot tonight and went ahead and preordered. Kinda don't wanna put too much time into this beta because I know I'm going to put a shit ton of time into the full game.

Where's the Majin Vegeta thing?

It's definitely in, his Vegeta just aounds kind of weird in these games for some reason. Like real high energy and shit. And they use a lot of clips from the first game.

Revven

Does anyone know if you can transform in versus? How does it work? Does this game have same screen versus or is it one player per system?

You'll be able to transform, there's no restrictions on anything besides the amount of stages which is the same amount as featured in Endless Battle: 6. It's same screen no splitscreen so it works like Naruto Storm as far as local versus goes. The 6 stages are (in case you don't know):

World Tournament
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Namek
Cell Games Arena
West City Ruins
Supreme Kai Planet

And they're all (minus possibly the last stage) downsized from the original stages to accommodate for the dynamic camera (switches based on who is attacking or closest to the screen etc etc).

Deadstar

You'll be able to transform, there's no restrictions on anything besides the amount of stages which is the same amount as featured in Endless Battle: 6. It's same screen no splitscreen so it works like Naruto Storm as far as local versus goes. The 6 stages are (in case you don't know):

World Tournament
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Namek
Cell Games Arena
West City Ruins
Supreme Kai Planet

And they're all (minus possibly the last stage) downsized from the original stages to accommodate for the dynamic camera (switches based on who is attacking or closest to the screen etc etc).

What do you mean by this? When are the stages smaller or larger? I found some stages in the game to be very small and others much larger.

I was a huge fan of tenkaichi 3 and this seems much better (just needs garlic jr and his transformation for dlc!). I do like the leveling up of the custom character but I think I'd also like to play as the dbz characters during certain parts of the story in in another mode.

What do you mean by this? When are the stages smaller or larger? I found some stages in the game to be very small and others much larger.

I was a huge fan of tenkaichi 3 and this seems much better (just needs garlic jr and his transformation for dlc!). I do like the leveling up of the custom character but I think I'd also like to play as the dbz characters during certain parts of the story in in another mode.
He means they made some stages smaller in local versus mode. In online versus they're larger.

Top Bottom