• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Live Halo 2 it was, to pull off a triple with a double shot is incredibly hard. By the way I meant this as Halo 2.

Oh you meant his best Halo 2 clip? Ehhh I don't know. Naded is a fucking monster, I'm sure there's a Killtacular on mainstage from him out there.

FyreWulff

One of the first series to include dual wielding? How old is this guy? 10? 12?

xEpds.jpg

Also known as "everything in front of me is now dead"

Yes, I know there's earlier examples than Goldeneye, but I won't pass up a chance to post dualed RCP90s

Oh you meant his best Halo 2 clip? Ehhh I don't know. Naded is a fucking monster, I'm sure there's a Killtacular on mainstage from him out there.

Hey, everybody hits the Tashi Ceiling sometimes, man

16gyi9s.jpg

Yes, I know there's earlier examples than Goldeneye, but I won't pass up a chance to post dualed RCP90s

Is there ANY enemy in gaming that could stand up to Dual-wielding RCP90s?

no

:lol at the logic of looking down on a competition that requires you to beat Chelsea and Manchester City to get into the Europa League. Try harder.

His eyes are killing? The boy needs Gunnar Optiks.

*To clarify, I find the idea of buying a pair of gaming glasses slightly ridiculous.

Just fuckin with ya. Liverpool fans are usually the easiest to troll. You're a good poster btw.

Any eta on that podcast would be just swell guys. Jus sayin.

Any eta on that podcast would be just swell guys. Jus sayin

mentioned in the bulletin, surely

"So, there's some GI info out there. Pretty interesting stuff, huh? Raging about it? Well, we're gonna clear up the air a bit on what these changes mean to your Halo 4 experience in the next Sparkcast. Look for that (fairly) soonish between the time of now and the release of the game."

Arnie

I think he said his eyes are killing him and he's not going to play for a while. Big Daddy Clutch is streaming right now though - http://www.twitch.tv/intheclutch
Tunes in, sees Halo: Reach, sighs. I'll give it ten minutes but after watching clips of Halo 2 and 3 this is going to be dull, I can feel it.
Just fuckin with ya. Liverpool fans are usually the easiest to troll. You're a good poster btw.

Any eta on that podcast would be just swell guys. Jus sayin.

Ta. It's easy to rile me up about Liverpool, because we're so guff at the moment.

Podcast seems far out (relatively) at the moment. As in, not the next couple of days.

heckfu

Banned
Tunes in, sees Halo: Reach, sighs. I'll give it ten minutes but after watching clips of Halo 2 and 3 this is going to be dull, I can feel it.

Ta. It's easy to rile me up about Liverpool, because we're so guff at the moment.

Podcast seems far out (relatively) at the moment. As in, not the next couple of days.

I'm a Marseille fan as I love French football so it's an easy pick to like Arsenal the most in EPL since its just a French import team.

xEpds.jpg

You may get Goldeneye covered, but I gotta bring up Bungle's version of "everything in front of me is now dead".

qXL0K.jpg

Unf, unf. Shotgun blasts every which way.

Anyone with Perfect Dark XBLA in this thread - we need to set up a game night for it sometime.
I am so down with that.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Anyone with Perfect Dark XBLA in this thread - we need to set up a game night for it sometime.

I'm down.

Bought it a long time ago to play with a buddy but he ended up slicing his hand open at work on a sheet of metal and couldn't play video games for like a year looooool.

Can't tell if that's a sarcastic rolling of the eyes or rolling the eyes back in orgasmic pleasure.

Oh TOTALLY orgasmic. That gun is so good idk why they didn't put it in every video game along with 10 other variants of it. In fact my life is pretty much meaningless that it didn't happen. Fuck, now I wanna die, THANKS BUD.

:_3

FyreWulff

Can't tell if that's a sarcastic rolling of the eyes or rolling the eyes back in orgasmic pleasure.

PD XBLA had some issues in terms of matchmaking, would love to do some custom games.

Yeah, 4J completely botched matchmaking in that game. And a couple of aspects of custom games (can't select your teams.. only in offline splitscreen). We'd be doing custom games for sure.

Gotta get used to those guns that shoot through walls, yeah

We'll probably play like one game with Farsights. Those things are scary in PXBLA, because you don't hear it being fired. You just die. Or you see a bullet suddenly ricochet off the wall in front of you.

Arnie

It's so painful watching Halo 3 gameplay. It's like reminiscing about The Sopranos.

Haha that was my reaction, I switched it off after like 30 seconds partly because the streamer started singing.
To add insult to injury they were playing Asylum. Turned it off in disgust and took a long, reflective gulp of tea.

Retro

Falcon (Scope)
K7 Avenger
Dragon
Laptop Gun
Proximity Mines
Magnum

Felicity, despite getting a ton of playtime, has too many dead ends that you can just lock down and hold down once you're in the lead. Gonna have to go with Complex, Grid or Warehouse.

Retro

Love seeing Marathon get some love. I grew up on Macs and that was really the only shooter we had back then that we could call our own. When I first saw Halo (at Macworld, no less) I knew it was gonna be amazing.

I'm borrowing Skyrim from someone and am gonna start it this week. Any tips?

Play somewhere with good neck support or you'll wake up with a crick.

Tashi

Love seeing Marathon get some love. I grew up on Macs and that was really the only shooter we had back then that we could call our own. When I first saw Halo (at Macworld, no less) I knew it was gonna be amazing.

Play somewhere with good neck support or you'll wake up with a crick.

WTF is a crick

FUS RO DAH

No, really. You'll know when the time comes.

K

If you see a path, don't follow it.

I like having a goal though

Ughh its an RPG. Kill monstars to kill bigger monstars.

thx bruh

Stream when you play.

K, tweet will go out when live.

PC or 360?

edit: Oh yea! Halo Reach - Practical Jumps, ledges and tricks - Episode 3: MLG Sanctuary v7

More Chopin!!

the loading screens will very quickly drive you insane. I put 110 hours in and stopped playing because I finally couldn't take it any more. The loads make me want to die.

I completely agree! The thing I am looking forward to most in next gen consoles is more RAM which hopefully will translate into no more loading screens!
Great game otherwise, you know, when you're actually playing!

Tashi

the loading screens will very quickly drive you insane. I put 110 hours in and stopped playing because I finally couldn't take it any more. The loads make me want to die.

Do they come at bad times? Those loading screens annoy the fuck out of me. Like, if I go into one area, loading screen. Then I realize I'm in the wrong area and go back, loading screen. Shit like that happen?

Maybe you should just play it in bed, actually, even if it means bolting the TV above you. I'm sure if anyone here has a strong enough ceiling, it's you.
JUWnj.gif

HARDY HAR HAR

This was surprisingly tasteful.

Thanks

Do they come at bad times? Those loading screens annoy the fuck out of me. Like, if I go into one area, loading screen. Then I realize I'm in the wrong area and go back, loading screen. Shit like that happen?

Consistently.
There are loading screens going from the outside world into a town, vice versa.
There are loading screens going from the town inside a building, and vice versa.

I liked in Fallout 3 New Vegas how if you went in a smaller building, it would load that, but keep the outside world in memory.
Made the loading screens a lot more bearable.

Tashi

Consistently.
There are loading screens going from the outside world into a town, vice versa.
There are loading screens going from the town inside a building, and vice versa.

Oh god. This game better be as great as everyone says lol

Arnie

I like having a goal though

Then this game really isn't for you.

I'm the same, I hated Oblivion and, despite playing a fair amount of Skyrim over Christmas, I wouldn't say I particularly loved it. Skyrim's a game that works best when you do something you're not supposed to, when you explore the vast environment in front of you without the promise of a reward.

It's main missions are fairly dull, it's story isn't particularly thrilling, it's characters are flat and it's combat is decidedly average. That there are millions of people who love it so much despite these problems is quite powerful, and says a lot about the game's qualities as an expansive, open ended book of tales.

I'd suggest going for The Witcher 2 instead. I haven't played it, yet(ordered it on 360), but GAF's run out of superlatives for it and it seems more in line with our tastes: The fantasy setting, a combat system that's punishingly rewarding, non-linearity but with clear goals, and a somewhat maturely told story.

I'm the same, I hated Oblivion and, despite playing a fair amount of Skyrim over Christmas, I wouldn't say I particularly loved it. Skyrim's a game that works best when you do something you're not supposed to, when you explore the vast environment in front of you without the promise of a reward.

It's main missions are fairly dull, it's story isn't particularly thrilling, it's characters are flat and it's combat is decidedly average. That there are millions of people who love it so much despite these problems is quite powerful, and says a lot about the game's qualities as an expansive, open ended book of tales.
So much truth in this post.

Tashi

I'd suggest going for The Witcher 2 instead. I haven't played it, yet(ordered it on 360), but GAF's run out of superlatives for it and it seems more in line with our tastes: The fantasy setting, a combat system that's punishingly rewarding, non-linearity but with clear goals, and a somewhat maturely told story.

Hmm. Well, I'm going to give it a shot and see if I like it. And yea, the combat turned me off in this game. Looked terrible to be honest.

I hear great things about Witcher 2. Already thought about picking it up for 360. Probably going to do that.

Just make a mini-game out of it. Every time there's a loading screen, drop and do 10 quick pushups. By the time you finish Skyrim, you'll be shredded, and nobody will ever mess with you again.

Not a bad idea lol

edit: Juices, I didn't put together a gaming PC. I'm not a big PC gamer at all. I play SC2 on it and that's about it. And no, I build a monster PC.
Also, someone is letting me borrow the game, I'm not going to turn that down.

Top Bottom