• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS) dated in Japan

Tadaima

Japan's going to EXPLODE. There will never be enough DS units.

NINTENDO, CONFIRM DS CARD COMPATABILITY ON WII NOW

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Really, DS on Japan it's on a meteor, looking to smash the Japanese Islands.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
**** DS in the ass. **** them for releasing so many goddamned games I want. ****.

Tarazet

I don't get the DQM love (I have DWM1). But then again, I don't really get the DQ love, period. That's what I get for not growing up with an NES..

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
typhonsentra said:
Ethelred suggested I come back and ask more questions.

Who was the final boss of the first GBC game?

Pikachu.

typhonsentra said:
Ethelred suggested I come back and ask more questions.

Who was the final boss of the first GBC game?
4hauseu.gif

firex

I only played the first DWM game, but it was pretty good (didn't realize until much later that you were playing a spinoff of one of the more mysterious characters in DQ6) and I thought a better game, honestly, than Pokemon. At the very least, IMO the battle system was much better developed, plus it had kind of the Monster Rancher-ish way of growing/breeding monsters, which gives it a lot more longevity. I never did beat all of the hidden gates... but I did manage to get a Dracolord/Dragonlord monster in my party.

firex said:
I only played the first DWM game, but it was pretty good (didn't realize until much later that you were playing a spinoff of one of the more mysterious characters in DQ6) and I thought a better game, honestly, than Pokemon. At the very least, IMO the battle system was much better developed, plus it had kind of the Monster Rancher-ish way of growing/breeding monsters, which gives it a lot more longevity. I never did beat all of the hidden gates... but I did manage to get a Dracolord/Dragonlord monster in my party.

It may have been more advanced the first time around, but honestly:

DQM is deeper than R/B
G/S is deeper than DQM2
RuSa is deeper than DQM3
And I bet that D/P will be deeper than DQMJ.

DQM may have started out strong, but Gamefreak did more to add onto the series.

...I dunno. I just find it weird when boxarts tell you absolutely zilch about the main purpose this game exists.

WHERE ARE THE MONSTER?

Pureauthor said:
...I dunno. I just find it weird when boxarts tell you absolutely zilch about the main purpose this game exists.

WHERE ARE THE MONSTER?

Look at the logo more carefully. :p

Jonnyram

That "boxart" is just sample art created by the store taking preorders.
It doesn't say Square Enix for starters and the Wi-Fi icon is always in the DS bar.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
That "boxart" is just sample art created by the store taking preorders.
It doesn't say Square Enix for starters and the Wi-Fi icon is always in the DS bar.

True, but it's still cool looking!

BTW, do you know if anything came of that Nintendo event on the 7th that you mentioned in the Mistwalker thread?

Top Bottom