• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Dan's hatred for AC but I think the only ones I haven't finished were AC3 and Unity. The rest held my interest and I really enjoyed 2 and Syndicate.

Hasney

I still need to play Syndicate, but my batting odds for finishing AC games so far are only Brotherhood and Black Flag, so I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Jesus, 60 minutes in and they go back to the voice changer again

Meguro

Banned
The difference is that MGS is a beautiful mess and the AC modern parts are just a mess.
It's not too far up its own ass, it's just bad.

AC went up its ass and then that was it. You could spend 60$ every year to look at this thing on the ground with its head up its own ass, just laying there, motionless.

Metal Gear went up its ass and then continued on to create some of the most memorable characters, story moments and gameplay moments ever out of it.

Joeku

The difference is that MGS is a beautiful mess and the AC modern parts are just a mess.
It's not too far up its own ass, it's just bad.

I mean, part of the Metal Gear mythos is. Assassin's Creed also has you fistfighting the Pope in Saint Peter's Basilica(?) over a magical artifact after which you descend into some ancient future tech building and a cyber lady talks through that character into a different character 500 years in the future. That was pretty good.

For what it's worth, several AC games have gone up their own ass. AC3's take on American history and the entire back half of that game is a hot load of bullshit. Unity using English accents for the French Revolution is almost offensive in its presumptuousness. Fuck large swathes of this series.

Jintor

What is this australian accent bit.

Come back alex.

i smiled for a little bit but then vinny kept bringing it back and i wasn't into it

dan is right on sasswots creed

vinny having a minor stroke trying to recall blofield's name was something

I kinda liked ac3's take on American history and it's fuck you to the founding fathers. Everyone thought it was gonna be an America, fuck yea game before it came out and it was the opposite.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still need to play Syndicate, but my batting odds for finishing AC games so far are only Brotherhood and Black Flag, so I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Jesus, 60 minutes in and they go back to the voice changer again

God you weren't kidding.

I think i missed the context of them doing a yawning British noble pretending to be Australian.

Joeku

I kinda liked ac3's take on American history and it's fuck you to the founding fathers. Everyone thought it was gonna be an America, fuck yea game before it came out and it was the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, that is cool. There is a bunch of cool subversion in the game, tbh. The weird shrinking of events by inserting Connor into everything was insane, though (didn't he do the famous ride with a drunken Paul Revere?), and it was a thing they continued doing. The way famous Englishmen showed up around every corner in Syndicate was baffling.

LiK

Best part about AC3 was the Homestead quests and characters. Everything else with the main plot was disappointing and bland.

Don't get me wrong, that is cool. There is a bunch of cool subversion in the game, tbh. The weird shrinking of events by inserting Connor into everything was insane, though (didn't he do the famous ride with a drunken Paul Revere?), and it was a thing they continued doing. The way famous Englishmen showed up around every corner in Syndicate was baffling.
Honestly, the Forrest Gump stuff is the only part of the assassins creed storyline I like. It's incredibly dumb but I find it funny. I would like there to be no event too small or too big for your character to be directly responsible for. They should keep it humorous though. Ac3 was too self serious about it.

def sim

Best part about AC3 was the Homestead quests and characters. Everything else with the main plot was disappointing and bland.

Yeah. Connor helping and getting to know his townsfolk made him a likable character- but it's all optional.

The main game is a 10 hour slog with a boring intro character and then 30 hours of the intro character's whiny son. They should have focused on one.

Hasney

Dan: "I don't want to be shot, it keeps coming up!"

I'm pretty sure he keeps bringing it up.

OK, the voice changer got funny again near the end. And goddamn do I mean funny. Jerimiah needs to come back.

LiK

LOL, Dan trashing one of Vinny's favorite game series. I can hear Vinny holding back from exploding. XD

Santar

Hooooly crap, Jeremiah is now officially the funniest duder ever to appear on a bomb/beastcast. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time :D

LiK

Dan saying he doesn't like a game series that is up its own ass. This coming from a hardcore MGS fan, haha

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Listen, everyone makes mistakes. But Dan is spot on when it comes to Assassin's Creed.

Santar

Vinny getting that voice changer has been so great! It's given us so much funny stuff like Satan Santa with the small child, evil Resident Evil 7 Vinny and now Jeremiah, the most adult and well adjusted man ever.

I dunno, I like the forced improv stuff. Even if it doesn't land sometimes. I'm happy that the Beastcast isn't just a second weekly Bombcast.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean they didn't really need to do improv to not be a 2nd weekly bombcast.

Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses, but I find them more funny the more natural they are.

Also accent humour is never funny in itself. It needs to be paired with something else. Look at Jeff's NDX readings and imitating brad for example. Or even jeremiah this beastcast which was slightly redeeming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom