• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DSi Ware lineup + AMAZING "Made in Ore" details.

Jonnyram

There is a video/slideshow online from the Nintendo financial report briefing that took place today. Don't think anyone was interested, but they actually give a bit of info about upcoming stuff.
http://www.irwebcasting.com/081031/18/505df43b35/main/index_hi.htm

(You can skip through the financial slides by hitting 次のスライド until you get to the DSi Ware slide. Then hit このスライドから動画を再生 to start the video from that point.

In summary, DSi Ware service starts in December.

- Art Style puzzle games: DSi Ware 500 x 6 titles
DSiWare1.jpg

- Minigames from Made in Wario on GBA, split out and sold separately: DSi Ware 200
DSiWare2.jpg

- Train line maps
DSiWare3.jpg

- Utsusu! Made in Wario (take pics of yourself and use your silhouette as the char): DSi Ware 500, at DSi Store launch at the start of December
DSiWare4.jpg
DSiWare5.jpg

Made in Ore
It's basically Made in Wario but you make your own minigames. Actually you can make your own music, graphics, pretty much everything, including programming the logic and making your own "game cassette". This is a package game and connects to...

Asobu! Made in Ore
WiiWare game. You can upload the minigames you made in Made in Ore to your Wii and play them on the big screen with friends.

If anyone wants to take screens from the video, I will gladly include in the OP (if the thread gets massive).

More Art Style? Or are these following in the footsteps of the WiiWare line and repackaging the Bit Gen games/remaking them?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have captured some screens from the video for each of the applications, feel free to put in your OP Jonnyram.

edit: Fuck I need to sleep, fixed link :/

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jonnyram said:
- Minigames from Made in Wario on GBA, split out and sold separately: DSi Ware 200
Separately as in each single microgame or by getting a bunch of them in separate packs?

Jonnyram

Alaluef said:
Separately as in each single microgame or by getting a bunch of them in separate packs?
It's not the microgames, by the looks of it, just the reasonably-sized minigames you unlock through play, and yeah 200 yen for EACH individual game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jonnyram said:
It's not the microgames, by the looks of it, just the reasonably-sized minigames you unlock through play, and yeah 200 yen for EACH individual game.
I see. At least they're not "micro" but... wow.

Jaruru

this is AWESOME!!!

mini wario game, $2 USD a pop, not bad.
train map is useful, even if you just travel to jp.
and of cos' the Art Style line. :D

Jammy

Banned
That's pretty neat. I can see the Japanese people loving the train maps, making their own WarioWare-esque mini-games, and playing small games with their head and sillhouette. And Art Style, too?

Nintendo said a while ago that they were looking to expand the DS's functionality outside that of just games and non-games. I think these small downloadable things and additions like the camera and maps are going to be huge in terms of bringing in sales.

And here I was just saying they could drop the price or release more colors... :lol

schlew

I remember seeing that Made in Ore game in Nintendo's press reel from a few weeks back. In the video clip, you made a balloon on the DS and then it carried over to a more traditional Wario Ware game where you popped it.

I was thinking it would turn out to be a game like this, but I had no idea you'd have control over all the elements.

The more Wario Ware love the better.

Jaruru

Jammy said:
Nintendo said a while ago that they were looking to expand the DS's functionality outside that of just games and non-games. I think these small downloadable things and additions like the camera and maps are going to be huge in terms of bringing in sales.

this is gonna be HUGE. think about the NYC subway map on iPhone.
DSi jp and DSi eng for me >_<

zigg

Princess Skittles said:
The screens shown are not previous Bit Gen games.

Actually, one of them looks like Cubello... (okay, yes, actually Art Style, nitpick nitpick) Which is cool because I didn't buy Cubello just yet, and I think I'd rather have it portable.

So Made in Ore is a DS game, then? Not DSi-only?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The Made in Ore in game even has a sprite editor for editing the littlest bits in your game, awesome.

Uh, why are more people not talking about this?

These are the first DSi Ware games, and nobody cares?

Made in Me sounds cool too.

Yes Boss!

I will happily pay any amount of money for Paper Airplane as a stand alone game on my DS. This stuff better come to NA.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jonnyram said:
Made in Ore
It's basically Made in Wario but you make your own minigames. Actually you can make your own music, graphics, pretty much everything, including programming the logic and making your own "game cassette". This is a package game and connects to...

Asobu! Made in Ore
WiiWare game. You can upload the minigames you made in Made in Ore to your Wii and play them on the big screen with friends.

they were totally inspired by that game that was made for DCharlie's wedding!

HUELEN10

Wario Ware Classics, and not 1, not 2, but THREE NEW MOTHERFUCKING SWEET WARIO WARE GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I haven't felt this happy since GALAXY was unveiled! Cannot wait!

Yes Boss! said:
I will happily pay any amount of money for Paper Airplane as a stand alone game on my DS. This stuff better come to NA.
Agreed. It is all I ever play on my Micro.

mollipen

I'm actually most excited by the train maps. I really hope Nintendo pushes to have a lot of "other" software on the DSi via the new store, and even goes to far as to attempt an iPhone-like store where third parties can easily get software up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I know it will never happen, but an interactive map of the TTC (routes, schedules, stops) would be too great.

swerve

Tucah said:
If Pyoro is available on DS Ware, I will buy.

Pyoro is in. I will also be getting Paper Plane and Skateboard (if they put that up). I will also be getting the memo pad. I will also be getting everything related to made in wario.

What a magical announcement.

The Made in Ore game is a retail DS game, right? That's the only thing that looks interesting to me (I already have the Paper Plane game on GameCube Wario Ware, pretty addicting).

Neomoto

Wow so much awesome (well except for the Art style puzzles, but that's just based of those few screens).

Made in Ore sounds so awesome! I can't wait to hear more or see it in action since it's something that's right up my alley. Thank god it's not DSi only, or I might have had to buy one just for this!

Top Bottom