• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get PS4 Pro now, or wait?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ps4 pro is £299 with cod.ww2 and gt sport.

Do you guys think it will jump back up price after black friday?

If I trade in my ps4 and sell cod:ww2, I can get a pro of £135.

Is it worth it? will the pro go back up a lot?

Im not really playing my ps4 that much, but i will be when god of war,spiderman release, am I better off waiting until then?

Thanks in advance.

Sosokrates

I love mine, if you have a 4k tv with hdr I say go for it.

For £135 its like a "might as well"

I was going to just stick with an 1X and original ps4 but with at this price it would be foolish not to, right?

Sosokrates

If I had an Xbox X I'd not bother, but I have a pro so I didn't buy X, heh.

That what I was going to do,but for the price (im trading in my ps4 old+ fat) it seems like a cheap price to play ps4 exclusives in the best quality

Wait much longer and the argument will be 'may as well wait for Ps5'. If you can find it for a good deal and have a 4k TV to maximize it, may as well go for it now.

Unknown?

That what I was going to do,but for the price (im trading in my ps4 old+ fat) it seems like a cheap price to play ps4 exclusives in the best quality
Go for it, it won’t be that cheap till next holiday. It’s a great console and games like Spider-Man and TLOU2 will be cutting edge graphically. Heck Horizon, Uncharted, and GT Sport already are.

120v

now's the best time if you want to get some mileage out of it. next gen is sooner rather than later

Sosokrates

now's the best time if you want to get some mileage out of it. next gen is sooner rather than later

I dont know why ppl think next gen is going to be soon.
The evidence points at this gen being longer then the last because
1.there was mid gen refreshes
2.graphics rendering tech have not seen any major tech evolutions, next gen is going to be just more of the same effects.

Bramble

Get X now get ps5 later

No thanks. I have a 1080p set, so graphics wise, X has no real benefits to me. I can play the same multiplat games on my Pro and have no interest in playing old 360 games whatsoever. So no need to convince me, since you're going to fail anyway.

But I probably will get PS5, yes.

No thanks. I have a 1080p set, so graphics wise, X has no real benefits to me. I can play the same multiplat games on my Pro and have no interest in playing old 360 games whatsoever. So no need to convince me, since you're going to fail anyway.

But I probably will get PS5, yes.

I always forget about the xbox one - 360 BC, I might pick one up when there's some crazy deal just for that. The Xbox One X that is.

goldenpp72

If you read my intial post you would know this not to be the case!

It sounded like you only intend to use it for a few titles based on that post, if you're asking if this is the best time to get it price wise, the answer will always be no. It will be cheaper next year and beyond. I own a Pro and not an X, but if I owned an X and was buying my multis on it I'd not even bother, the cost isn't worth it for a small amount of exclusives considering how minimal the bump usually is.

If you know you want it and want it this year, then yeah, buy it.

eso76

Ps4 pro is £299 with cod.ww2 and gt sport.

Do you guys think it will jump back up price after black friday?

If I trade in my ps4 and sell cod:ww2, I can get a pro of £135.

Is it worth it? will the pro go back up a lot?

Im not really playing my ps4 that much, but i will be when god of war,spiderman release, am I better off waiting until then?

Thanks in advance.

GameStop over here currently has a maybe better deal.
Trade in any old ps4 + 2 games (not sure what games) and get a pro for 89€ (roughly 79£).
No games though, but GTS can be obtained for as low as 20£ (25€)
You might want to check what it is like in the UK

Price might go up again, this summer one could grab an Xbox one S + Horizon 3 for 149€ (135£? Something like that). I was tempted but I didn't.
It's never been anywher near that cheap since..

Sosokrates

It sounded like you only intend to use it for a few titles based on that post, if you're asking if this is the best time to get it price wise, the answer will always be no. It will be cheaper next year and beyond. I own a Pro and not an X, but if I owned an X and was buying my multis on it I'd not even bother, the cost isn't worth it for a small amount of exclusives considering how minimal the bump usually is.

Yes there's pros and cons to both stances

I could save myself £135 and play PS4 exclusives at 1080p

Or I could spend the money and play PS4 exclusives at 2K / 4k.

I was on the fence which is why I made this thread,sorry if it bothers you but i cant imagine why it would.

Sony has quite a few exclusives though at least compared to MS. The bump would be more noticeable in 1st party games. What are you talking about?

Top Bottom