• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GJ-

I emailed VMP and the $10 from the referral program will go towards Demon Days, unless you make a store purchase before then (obviously). I hope that clears things up :).

Kyzer

Banned
Fuckkk missed this. On the list. Fuck

One of my favorite albums of all time and I have a budding young vinyl collection

overcast

Alright, got charged today and the code went through. Only 19 dollars for this month. Demon Days will automatically show up, correct? Or do I have to go choose it or something.

-GJ-

Alright, got charged today and the code went through. Only 19 dollars for this month. Demon Days will automatically show up, correct? Or do I have to go choose it or something.

I got charged today (or well, it's after 12, so technically yesterday) as well. Did everyone get the $10 off? Between Reddit and GAF, not a lot of people signed up through my ref link, so I hope everybody on here at least got the discount and everything went how it was supposed to go.

I got charged today (or well, it's after 12, so technically yesterday) as well. Did everyone get the $10 off? Between Reddit and GAF, not a lot of people signed up through my ref link, so I hope everybody on here at least got the discount and everything went how it was supposed to go.

Yup, I got the discounts, so everything went just as I hoped!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
On what day of the month do Albums from this site typically arrive? First week of the month?
It depends. I've tried to pinpoint exactly when these things have regularly shipped and it's usually within the second week of the month, but because these packages are hand packed not everyone will get their shipped notification right away. Their delivery warehouses are located on the east coast so east coasters will definitely have better luck, but they're also dealing with much more severe weather than west coasters do on the regular so I've seen a lot of delayed shipments happening over there despite living so close to the distribution center.

I'm a west coaster and more often than not I'll get a notification in the middle of the second week of the month that my package has shipped and I can usually expect it the following week. Every once in a while a day early. It really depends on a lot of factors, but this is what I've noticed.

You don't have to do anything. It's all gone through and you'll now begin the phase of waiting for the shipping notification.

deleted

Ah well, I was hoping to get in when they couldn't charge some people or some last minute dropouts, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Wasn't there an unofficial reprint last year? How's the quality on that?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I got charged $29, what the hell. I used a referral link.
Just talk to VMP customer service. They're pretty great and can confirm that you did use a referral link. I've had zero issues dealing with them on a wide range of topics.

Ah well, I was hoping to get in when they couldn't charge some people or some last minute dropouts, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Wasn't there an unofficial reprint last year? How's the quality on that?
There is and it's ok from all the reports and reviews ive seen. I've seen copies in the wild and they seem fine, but not great. At least on the packaging side.

Bread

Banned
Did your account reflect the $10? If not, you can go talk to VMP if you didn't get your credit. I have no real experience with their customer service however.

Just talk to VMP customer service. They're pretty great and can confirm that you did use a referral link. I've had zero issues dealing with them on a wide range of topics.
emailed them and they got back within minutes and fixed it! thanks guys

overcast

Yup I got it for 19. Thanks to Torre.
You don't have to do anything. It's all gone through and you'll now begin the phase of waiting for the shipping notification.
Awesome. And then I'll just have to remember to cut the auto subscription.

-GJ-

There is and it's ok from all the reports and reviews ive seen. I've seen copies in the wild and they seem fine, but not great. At least on the packaging side.
On my bootleg the tracks are a little bit faster and high pitched. A casual listener won't notice the difference, but if you've heard the songs a thousand times you'll hear it in a heartbeat. At least the songs don't cut off like on my nostalgia, ULTRA bootleg, haha.

-GJ-

They are sending out emails now to people who signed up for the waiting list. Check your inboxes asap!

deleted

They are sending out emails now to people who signed up for the waiting list. Check your inboxes asap!

Yes, but I'm only able to get on board with a 3 month plan -_-

Can't get in just for Demon Days.

Edit: Fuck it, I did it. With unlimited swaps, there might very well be 2 other albums that interest me and I REALLY want to get Demon Days.

Yes, but I'm only able to get on board with a 3 month plan -_-

Can't get in just for Demon Days.

Edit: Fuck it, I did it. With unlimited swaps, there might very well be 2 other albums that interest me and I REALLY want to get Demon Days.

It's what I plan to do if my other 2 months suck. I'm eying A$AP Ferg as a backup.

RedFox85

Just wanted to say thank you so much for bumping this thread, I had given up hope of owning this and was so distraught having missed the 1 month version. I did indeed have one of the emails offering me the 3 month package and at 80$ I didn't hesitate! Demon Days is one of my favorite albums of all time and even though I am not a vinyl collector the thought of owning something like this fills me with joy.

I plan on finding an awesome way to frame this awesome set!

-GJ-

Just wanted to say thank you so much for bumping this thread, I had given up hope of owning this and was so distraught having missed the 1 month version. I did indeed have one of the emails offering me the 3 month package and at 80$ I didn't hesitate! Demon Days is one of my favorite albums of all time and even though I am not a vinyl collector the thought of owning something like this fills me with joy.

I plan on finding an awesome way to frame this awesome set!

This makes me super happy! You should get a record player down the line so you can enjoy listening to it as well :).

-GJ-

So will I be able to buy this at any point outside this subscription? Cause it seems like I missed the boat.
Unlikely. Except on the second hand market for way too much. It took years for VMP to make this deal and be able to release it on vinyl. It would be weird if a widespread release would turn up in a couple months.

Pardon the bad photography
e8VDcNB.jpg

IrishNinja

So will I be able to buy this at any point outside this subscription? Cause it seems like I missed the boat.

no, because subscription services are lame and some companies don't like money, so the reseller market thrives

sometimes i'd totally be okay with a viable bootleg market if they get the covers/quality down right

Izayoi

Banned
no, because subscription services are lame and some companies don't like money, so the reseller market thrives

sometimes i'd totally be okay with a viable bootleg market if they get the covers/quality down right
If I'm understanding this correctly, eBay is the only way to get this now?

deleted

Wait, you already got your shipping information and the package? o_O

I don't really have any information about when mine is gonna ship...

Self quote here, but whatever - it shipped :D
No idea how long this international shipment will take and if the German Zoll will interfere, but it shipped!

-GJ-

Self quote here, but whatever - it shipped :D
No idea how long this international shipment will take and if the German Zoll will interfere, but it shipped!
Mine was shipped a couple days ago and still is somewhere in the US, so don't expect it anytime soon. I'm in Holland btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom