• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung | Unpacked Event | August 23rd - Note 8

Strakt

DFNQqW6XkAE6WFk.jpg:large

I loved my old Note 4 and would probably still have it if I hadn't switch networks last year.

I'm looking forward to this announcement, but if all the rumors are true it's just going to be a slightly larger S8 with a smaller battery (ugh) and a stylus.

As much as I enjoyed having a stylus, unless it has improved energy efficiency to have a big battery life improvement or has some cool new feature, I'll probably hang on to my S7 Edge and see if the iPhone 8 rumors are all they're cracked up to be.

sirap

Renders look great. My experience with the S8 Plus has been fantastic and I might even upgrade to the larger Note if it doesn't explode.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Oh shit, they're keeping the Note brand alive? I'm out of the loop.

hohoXD123

So supposedly no 4K screen, stupid fingerprint scanner placement again, and smaller battery? Hmm, I thought I'd go for the Note 8, but not sure now...probably still will in the end tbh.

ty_hot

Do Note phones have anything more usually comparing to the S phones? Except from being a bit bigger and having a stylus? Any exclusive features?

edit.
oh boy, what an ugly back for a phone

Do Note phones have anything more usually comparing to the S phones? Except from being a bit bigger and having a stylus? Any exclusive features?

edit.
oh boy, what an ugly back for a phone
In the past, yes, but so far this one is sounding like pretty much a slightly bigger S8 with a stylus.

I'm curious about this event to see if there is anything else exclusive to it, but I honestly can't think what I'd want to see it have. All I'm expecting are maybe some stylus exclusive software.

If they could give it 2 day battery life like the Moto Z Play I'd pre-order one as soon as possible, but I think you need a specific Snapdragon chip to do that unfortunately.

CryptiK

hohoXD123

Wish my Note 4 wasn't dying so I could hold off on another year, none of the phones this year seem to be particularly exciting. Other than the iPhone 8, but well...it's an iPhone.

Koppai

I am still rocking my Note 5, I am highly interested in the Note 8 but if it is not much better than S8+ and is $1K I will probably depart from Samsung this year, after having the S3, Note 4, and Note 5.

Rumor says that it will launch in several colors, that Dark Blue one looks fabulous:

0Lt2sdo.jpg

But it is a rumor...so grain of salt.

What's with the obsession of minimizing/eliminating bezels, curved/rounded glass and glass backs? I mean I get wanting to maximize real estate but it seems to come with a cost of greater fragility.

Draper

What's with the obsession of minimizing/eliminating bezels, curved/rounded glass and glass backs? I mean I get wanting to maximize real estate but it seems to come with a cost of greater fragility.

‘Obsession’

Large bezels serve no practical purpose.

And glass backs allow for wireless charging

Lace

I had plans to upgrade to the note 8, but the leaked pricing made me decide to just grab the G8+ for $650. I can't justify spending $1200 after tax on a phone.

people bought more phones when they made them look sexy instead of using more durable materials like plastic.

Pein

Banned
I fucking hate that there's no physical buttons anymore, I want the note 7 design without the issues 😞

SpecX

I fucking hate that there's no physical buttons anymore, I want the note 7 design without the issues 😞
Isn't the button on the back now or is it just a finger scanner? Regardless I feel the same, but I'm excited for this and cant wait to move away from my Note 3 finally.

Kyne

so this thing is fucking huge, yeah? I want to upgrade phones (coming from an S6Edge) but I just want a sort of normal sized phone.. should I just go with the S8?

Vuze

Haven't they re-released the Note 7 as some sort of "Fan Edition" with a smaller battery? Might be specific regions only I guess, think I've seen a YT video by Evans a while back

Strakt

I have the s8+, i can say the screen still amazes me 4 months later...

If ur debatin on gettin the note, get that shit

Top Bottom