• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

President Bauer will need a hacksaw real soon if they shot the wife

Nah I really think it'll be Emily. She just found out that Aaron is a traitor, so she gets shot and put on life support and unable to tell Kirkman. Aaron will visit her in the hospital, etc. Overused writing trope, which means they'll use it here.

Are you fucking kidding me? March?

Plus, unless they change it I got my Aaron prediction right.

Nah I really think it'll be Emily. She just found out that Aaron is a traitor, so she gets shot and put on life support and unable to tell Kirkman. Aaron will visit her in the hospital, etc. Overused writing trope, which means they'll use it here.

Spoilers for the promo:

It looks like the wife, at least in the promo. Emily is looking to her left shocked as if she saw something terrible, and to her left is Kirkman and his wife. You can also see some people rushing to that side.

Wvrs

I watched all ten episodes in a few days. I have a distinct feeling that this show falls somewhere in the guilty pleasure category, but I'm loving it.

But March?! That's a crazy long break, why?

iKhayal18

This is on break till MARCH?

Yep... I hope that people don't lose interest in it after a break as long as this one... I really like the show and it gives me the same feelings I had when I watched 24. I'm not sure (and not even expecting) 24: Legacy will be able to do that...

chefbags

Are you fucking kidding me? March?

Plus, unless they change it I got my Aaron prediction right.

Spoilers for the promo:

It looks like the wife, at least in the promo. Emily is looking to her left shocked as if she saw something terrible, and to her left is Kirkman and his wife. You can also see some people rushing to that side.

LOL if the wife dies I so fucking bet emily is gonna be the new first lady. Cause I expect this show to go down that road haha

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That was a very good mid-season finale. God damn. I feel like the show is getting better at least, must be because the "is Leo the President's son" storyline is done, perhaps.

I can see a VP confirmation being important, specially if a terrorist attack just wiped out almost all government. It's almost as the President inauguration as well.

Gothos

This show is so stupid, lol, but on the other hand it's entertaining to watch. Just requires to turn your brain off for 40 minutes :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
saw episode 7, is president Jack Bauer the guy with the worst luck ever?
the guy can't catch a break, LOL

Oh yeah, it's Murphy's Law multiplied by infinity. There's only like 2 situations in the season so far where I'd say the President was lucky or something went by his expectations. And they're like in the last two episodes hahaha.

Just got to watch the latest episode myself, after being cut off from TV for a while. Yeesh. I wonder how this would have ended had it not gotten the full season pickup.

Why didn't Wells take or at least hide the files when she left the car wreck?

Bluth54

Just saw that ep 11 is on March.

The fuck.

Not having any new episodes until March is unusual (most network shows start again in February) but 22-23 episode network shows usually take a big break during December, January and February.

I think this show is awful, so here's hoping the audience doesn't return after the long break so Jack can go back where he belongs.

This is said as a member of said audience who WILL be returning, mind you

pswii60

Why is 'with all due respect' said multiple times in every episode? Is it some kind of running joke because it's driving me nuts.

DeviantBoi

Finally getting around to watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it.

Of all the things that seem far-fetched in that show, the behavior of that Republican Governor towards the Democratic President is not one of them.

Finally getting around to watching Designated Survivor on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it.

Of all the things that seem far-fetched in that show, the behavior of that Republican Governor towards the Democratic President is not one of them.

Kirkman is Independent, not Democrat.

So I haven't caught up yet, but what was the reason why they went on break to begin with? Change of direction?

Less total episodes so it's on the air less. The episode before the break is also where the series would have ended had the back half of the season not been picked up.

Other ABC shows are actually taking similarly long breaks as well (Agents of SHIELD is off the entire month, for example).

WillyFive

They also changed showrunners again.

Though apparently, they also changed the back half of the show, apperently doing more "First 100 Days." type of stuff.

This article. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/03/07/designated-survivor-returns-kiefer-sutherland/98836966/ kinda goes over what changes are happening.

On one hand, the conspiracy story would have been unsustainable for a long running show; but on the other hand, it sounds like they will be making mostly filler episodes unless they can make those new storylines work. I don't think they are West Wing level writers.

Caja 117

So it will not look anything suspicius that the only witness to what happened is been order to be killed by the person that gained the most.... this show is losing me. I will just keep watching CNN if I want impossible fantastical goverment stories.

Tamanon

Banned
I enjoyed the episode even if the VP was acting way too suspicious for realism. Glad we might be moving past that soon though now that Wells is spilling the beans.

pariah164

Aaand we in! Thoughts typed as I have them.

- Kirkman was hit? Damn, I did not see that happening. I fully expected either Aaron or maybe some random person to bite it after the sniper's aim was thrown off.

- Dammit Hannah. So the only one out of jail that knows something of what's going on is the techie guy? Shit. The good guys are screwwwwwed.

- Do we know for sure if Aaron was in on it or not?

- DAMMIT MACLEASH!

- Damn, Kimble, you are OK with me this episode. Hell yeah that threat.

- Yes, Hannah! FINALLY you figure out something! Use your brain more often ffs.

- Well... Catalan is dead, so... that's it?

- "Are you investigating me?" FUCK YES SHE IS.

- Of course he survived. PLOT ARMOR BITCHES.

- Kirkman, you goddamn hero. "Warriors, right?" I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!

- YAAAAAAAAAAAS HANNAH AND KIRKMAN MEET! Let's get some shit done.

- DAT PREVIEW.

Holy fuck I am so happy this show is back. Best thing on TV right now.

Kadin

Great first episode to start out the rest of the season. Not a fan of how the VP and his wife were just casually talking about what they're trying to do while strolling around the outside of the WH, seemed a little odd to me.

When they showed Kirkman's son, I completely forgot about him and his sister. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Tugatrix

So President Bauer won't need a hacksaw good, but someone will be will pay for it...

Surgery drama joining kirkman and Kimble cool, why take the bullet out? usually most doctors opt to leave the bullet inside the body if is not harming anything...

So President Bauer won't need a hacksaw good, but someone will be will pay for it...

Surgery drama joining kirkman and Kimble cool, why take the bullet out? usually most doctors opt to leave the bullet inside the body if is not harming anything...

They weren't removing the bullet itself (it passed completely through) but apparently some fragments that were already migrating toward the heart.

Don't think too much about it. In reality, someone shot with a bullet caliber that large would have extensive organ damage from the force of the impact alone. It would not have been survivable. And that's beside the fact that with how much the rifle visibly shifted the shot should have missed him by several feet.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
They weren't removing the bullet itself (it passed completely through) but apparently some fragments that were already migrating toward the heart.

Don't think too much about it. In reality, someone shot with a bullet caliber that large would have extensive organ damage from the force of the impact alone. It would not have been survivable. And that's beside the fact that with how much the rifle visibly shifted the shot should have missed him by several feet.

Was secretly hoping for Iron Man Bauer.

Top Bottom