• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Annoying glitch where I cant move until I get hit.

Why am I running into the same people online? Is it based on my rank/location? What is the update supposed to patch in regards to matchmaking?

I think you've got this backwards. Cloud would be soooo much cooler (the only character that could top him would be Sephiroth, but we all know that's not gonna happen, Cloud - we could at least dream about), but if Square will let them use anyone - it's gonna be Lightning. Just take a look at the trend set by Dino and Raiden...

Also, deserves to be put in this thread too:

Haha yeah, I've seen this. It's cute and all, but I actually really liked both FF XIII and XIII-2 despite their issues and love Lightning as a character, both on her own terms and even more so in comparison to Cloud, one of the dullest, most one-note RPG heroes ever. So, yeah. It may not be the popular opinion, but it is mine. I think Lightning would make for a much more interesting and fun character to play in PSASBR than Cloud ever would. Plus the roster needs more badass females as it is.

Drencrom

VvLdE.png

They need to buff Sir Dan, I want to use him more but he's so underpowered compared to the others

Man. I wish there was an easier way to mute people. Some really annoying people online.

I know what you mean. I encountered a player who blasted crummy rap music over his mic the entire time last week, and a player whose mic ear-raped me with deafening static several times a minute just this weekend.

You should be able to set it to auto-mute so that you don't have to hear pre-teens shouting homo/transphobic slurs at you the whole time. I guess you'd be denied their glorious rage stammering and some genuinely good-natured banter, though.

SmithnCo

Yeah, there should be an auto-mute for players who aren't in a team with you or on your list.

Also lol I never got my titles.

Thoraxes

Though I hate more traditional fighters because I suck at memorzing combos, I find that i'm doing really good with combo chains (and enjoying learning them) as Raiden. It's pretty sweet when you can chain a 140AP combo into a LVL1 for slaughtering all the lambs.

TheMink

Though I hate more traditional fighters because I suck at memorzing combos, I find that i'm doing really good with combo chains (and enjoying learning them) as Raiden. It's pretty sweet when you can chain a 140AP combo into a LVL1 for slaughtering all the lambs.

I personally find Raidens combos very unfulfilling, especially when every one ends with jump and mash square repeatedly.
You can do a triangle at the end if you want, but that doesnt change the AP output and it also has a greater chance to miss and enemy thats to high.

I.e there is not point to changing the combo to triangle at the end instead of just square.

Thoraxes

I personally find Raidens combos very unfulfilling, especially when every one ends with jump and mash square repeatedly.
You can do a triangle at the end if you want, but that doesnt change the AP output and it also has a greater chance to miss and enemy thats to high.

I.e there is not point to changing the combo to triangle at the end instead of just square.

For someone like me who sucks at them normally in every other game created, I find them really fulfilling to pull off. I feel like a real gamer now! lol

Thoraxes

Probably because the execution barrier is very low for these combos... Like mentioned above, jump > SSSSS is pretty easy to do but I guess you feel like you're doing something lol.

Try doing some of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy54Mf8WJNE&t=2m31s

I will when I get a little more comfy with playing now. I like the learning curve for a person like me, and having the game also on my Vita for when I can't be at my PS3 is nice, because now I can totally just practice these kinds of things on my commute.

Thank you for that video.

TheMink

For someone like me who sucks at them normally in every other game created, I find them really fulfilling to pull off. I feel like a real gamer now! lol

No thats totally awesome dont get me wrong!
I think its really cool that someone who doesnt have time/doesnt want spend a bunch of time in training can still be totally proficient and not have to worry about complicated inputs

Spinluck

Me and my friend were doing some 2v2 earlier and fought on Aldin's Tower like six times straight.

Of those six times, we fought the same people three times (a Drake and Sackboy).

The match making seems to be laying an egg today.

Me and my friend were doing some 2v2 earlier and fought on Aldin's Tower like six times straight.

Of those six times, we fought the same people three times (a Drake and Sackboy).

The match making seems to be laying an egg today.
If they were close in rank to you then its working as intended. For stages biggest streak for me has been 5 times in the san francisco.

Okay; here's a really funny glitch that just gave me 3 kills whilst playing against friends:

>Choose Dino as your character
>Go to Stowaways
>Acquire Level 2 Super
>Move onto the yellow mesh between the trucks in right corner of stage and position yourself so that you're facing to the left, towards the plane's cargo bay
>Wait until the mesh moves so that its on a slant going down to the left (such as when the Bioshock music starts to play and the plane flies upwards sharply, right before Columbia comes into view)
>Pop Level 2 Super (may require a few tries)
>Have a grand old time

It made us laugh ourselves silly with how ridiculous it looked.

leroidys

Jesus fuck sackboy is broken. Especially on levels like aldens tower where he can camp out under a platform.

Electric trap + projectile spam = level 3 = kill everyone twice.

Anybody without a long range projectile has no chance.

Drencrom

Jesus fuck sackboy is broken. Especially on levels like aldens tower where he can camp out under a platform.

That's why that litte bugger is getting nerfed in the coming update

Okay; here's a really funny glitch that just gave me 3 kills whilst playing against friends:

>Choose Dino as your character
>Go to Stowaways
>Acquire Level 2 Super
>Move onto the yellow mesh between the trucks in right corner of stage and position yourself so that you're facing to the left, towards the plane's cargo bay
>Wait until the mesh moves so that its on a slant going down to the left (such as when the Bioshock music starts to play and the plane flies upwards sharply, right before Columbia comes into view)
>Pop Level 2 Super (may require a few tries)
>Have a grand old time

It made us laugh ourselves silly with how ridiculous it looked.

I think I'm having a brain fart but who is Dino? What does this scenario look like?

That's why that litte bugger is getting nerfed in the coming update

Doesn't change the fact that you can still do this. Sure, it might take him a bit longer, but as long as pubs are pubs, they will run into sackboy repeatedly and give him meter, and then be confused why they lost cause they gave sackboy 6 kills.

Drencrom

Got mine. I unlocked them all because I'm such a great player, so I went with the most esteemed title there was: Ballin' like Warden.

lol, i was a bit disappointed there wasn't a single Chad Warden related title

add "Chad Daddy", "Big Papi" and "As Ballin As Possible" as titles Superbot, i'll pay good money!

Shakka

I love this game, but the ranked matchmaking is incredibly annoying. I search for opponents, it apparently finds some, says "Connecting..", then just sits there for a while and suddenly goes back to "searching for opponents", and that happens over and over again, makes me furious.

Is there anything that might be causing this on my side, any way to fix it?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So, yeah, that downwards throw into Ratchet's Level 1 is fucking amazing. I think I hit with it 9/10 times, with the miss being because it was an FFA against AI, and I was interrupted by an Evil Cole doing his Superman attack.

It's really, really hard to tear myself away from Ratchet. He fits my game play style like a glove. Love him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So after I have completely rolled behind them, it is normal to warp back in front of them into a grab?

That is some shitty design then o___O. Not even Brawl's online did that shit. Can you explain me being grabbed even when out of range (and I mean waayy out of range)? Is it designed for that too? I either get good matches, or very bad ones where everyone is teleporting. -____-

I remember going against you a couple of times, and it was laggy as fuck some matches.

I don't notice most of these issues offline. And being grabbed during a combo is bullshit. The game has some issues dude, it's fun, but it needs fixing in some areas.

No need to continually defend it, I mean you defended Sackboys ridiculous AP gain lol.

You get warped back in front of them from the lag, they already grabbed you though and thats just your end of things falling behind.

I defend sackboy's ap gain because I can count the amount of times I've lost to him on one hand.

So, yeah, that downwards throw into Ratchet's Level 1 is fucking amazing. I think I hit with it 9/10 times, with the miss being because it was an FFA against AI, and I was interrupted by an Evil Cole doing his Superman attack.

It's really, really hard to tear myself away from Ratchet. He fits my game play style like a glove. Love him.
This is risky and doesnt work vs everyone, a lot of the cast can back roll or front roll away from it. Havent tested every one yet but Nariko cant do shit about it.

Ratchets reset is off a forward wrench into jump buzzblade

Have there been any updates about the Vita costumes other than they're looking into it? I got a code for the costumes from a member here, but I only got the PS3 ones. I'm assuming I should have gotten them for both systems since you get the vita version for free with the PS3 one.

Have there been any updates about the Vita costumes other than they're looking into it? I got a code for the costumes from a member here, but I only got the PS3 ones. I'm assuming I should have gotten them for both systems since you get the vita version for free with the PS3 one.

last was their looking into it...ugh annoying. Apparently anybody who redeems it now should get both but anybody who redeemed it prior to that is sol until the store team fixes it.

I have no idea if this helps but search PSASBR in the store, choose addons and redownload from there.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Anyone else watching this WNF stream? They're playing 3-kill limit. Shortest matches ever.

Edit: so the WNF guys are kind of meh, hate to say it. I feel like I could hang with them, and I'm not anything special.

Spinluck

I defend sackboy's ap gain because I can count the amount of times I've lost to him on one hand.

This holds NO water.

Glad that you're Sackboys reckoning.

Doesn't mean shit because he can still effortlessly gain AP, compared to characters like Jak, who have to grind like a mutherfucker to get it.

QisTopTier said:
You get warped back in front of them from the lag, they already grabbed you though and thats just your end of things falling behind.

Lolno. The game is just janky as fuck sometimes. Sometimes you just gotta hope the lag favors you.

Lag grabs be damned.

Superbot, surprise us, and release Kat and Emmit on Christmas!!

Top Bottom