• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

RBH

They've now uploaded the 1997 episodes of WCW Monday Nitro up through the end of September '97.

This will be the thing that gets me to re-subscribe to the Network.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yay for Nitro!

Also, yes, the buffering is ridiculous now. I worry Summerslam will be unwatchable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
since they started doing well earlier this year I've found that the streaming is bad on PS3/4 during primetime but pretty good on the PC all day long.

They definitely open up the pipeline somehow during PPVs.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
So, is there any way to log out of all devices without having to physically log out on each and every one? Will changing the password work?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign up for this. I click on start free trial and it keeps taking me to this page:

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

which has nothing that lets me sign up other than a button that says start free trial and takes me to the same page. Am I missing something obvious?

RBH

I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign up for this. I click on start free trial and it keeps taking me to this page:

which has nothing that lets me sign up other than a button that says start free trial and takes me to the same page. Am I missing something obvious?

That's odd. Try signing up on the mobile website or through the WWE app and see if it still glitches out.

OctoMan

Banned

It's doing the same for me. Wow wwe and mlb, this might be one of your biggest days of the year. Get that shit fixed

Does anyone recall which episode this is from?:

b23m5ok.gif

Hitting the ~ key will hid the mouse cursor when in fullscreen mode.

Just an FYI.

:eek:

Kaladin

They've taken their time to get content on the Network, but it's slowly building up a great library.

It's hard to believe they have almost every Raw and Nitro through the WCW buy out now. that is kinda crazy. Raw is through '01 and Nitro is mid way through '99.

My hope is after that is done they move on to secondary shows. Give me more Smackdown and Saturday Night.

MattyH

It's hard to believe they have almost every Raw and Nitro through the WCW buy out now. that is kinda crazy. Raw is through '01 and Nitro is mid way through '99.

My hope is after that is done they move on to secondary shows. Give me more Smackdown and Saturday Night.

playlists of each month with Raw Smackdown and then the PPV etc would be amazing also the UK sunday night heat shows would be cool

Zach

I like how I got tired of waiting for more Nitros to be added and started 1998 in my chronological viewings and then they started adding the Nitros I was coming up on. I'm pretty sure they're watching me... >_>

And heck yes, Saturday Night.

I like how I got tired of waiting for more Nitros to be added and started 1998 in my chronological viewings and then they started adding the Nitros I was coming up on. I'm pretty sure they're watching me... >_>

And heck yes, Saturday Night.

WWE Network highly invested in your PPV Ratings!

RBH

They've added new episodes of WCW Nitro, up until August 1999.

One episode that's a must-watch is 4/26/99, solely for Sting vs. DDP. One of the greatest matches in WCW Nitro history.

Anth0ny

It's pretty amazing. I might actually subscribe at some point, now that the entire attitude era is up. When I have time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

My only request is old WWF Superstars and WCW Saturday Night.

Storylines from the 1980s and early 1990s are impossible to follow without these.

When I first tried the Network last year (started a trial to watch Wrestlemania) I was really bummed that ECW stuff only went through like 95. Cool to see they're up to 98, and working on the later stuff and TNN.

Lots of cool stuff. NXT has also gotten way better since then, I checked it out and was like "yeah it's cool but nothing great", and of course since then there's been Banks/Bayley, Asuka, the addition of Samoa Joe and all sorts of other excitement

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopefully it's from 2005 on. I want to see the Orton/HHH feud, lead UPS to the PPV's.

Nope, They finished off 2002/2003, aka the random gm mode for the entire US wrestling boom period booking. The rosters on RAW and Smackdown are insane. Can't wait to get to this stuff.

At the rate they are going though they'll almost certainly finish off 2004 and most of 2005 this year if not more. There are still holes in Smackdown however, so I'll wait until that is done to get to this stuff. I got 1998-2000 anyways.

Nope, They finished off 2002/2003, aka the random gm mode for the entire US wrestling boom period booking. The rosters on RAW and Smackdown are insane. Can't wait to get to this stuff.

At the rate they are going though they'll almost certainly finish off 2004 and most of 2005 this year if not more. There are still holes in Smackdown however, so I'll wait until that is done to get to this stuff. I got 1998-2000 anyways.

They also need to add the Rocks appearance on SD during June 2002. It skips like 3 Weeks of it and it goes straight to New Season when Steph takes over.

RBH

WWE issued a survey to former subscribers of the WWEs Network today asking them if they would reconsider subscribing again. One of the more interesting choices on the survey was the option to pay $12.99 a month and get the option of Raw and Smackdown replays 24 hours after they air on the USA Network. Currently, the episodes are added to the Network's VOD 30 days after they air. So, they are at least considering the change.
-PWInsider

Holy shit the last post was 5 months ago lol.

So just subbed to this and I'm starting with watching raw from the first episode of 2000.

Triple h with glasses with Asian eyes, using an Asian accent called hung lo mocking mankind.

The show didn't give a fuck back then lol.

Holy shit the last post was 5 months ago lol.

So just subbed to this and I'm starting with watching raw from the first episode of 2000.

Triple h with glasses with Asian eyes, using an Asian accent called hung lo mocking mankind.

The show didn't give a fuck back then lol.

Go back a few more years and you can find Jerry Lawler calling Goldust a "flaming fag." They certainly did not give any fuck.

Would this fly now... Steph mac saying she has found suitable opponents for the rock called the twin towers and out walk two dwarfs to clown music.

with repeated jokes about it being the match being a tall order, searching high and low for it.

then discussing the types of matches such as a midget on a pole.

Zach

Wasn't Mid-South Tulsa-based?! :O

Oh, OKC. Probably did lots of Tulsa shows, though. Gotta check it ooouuut.

I have a question for those who have signed up for the Network when offered free months.

I received an email offer of 3 months free to come back. I signed up for this offer and was told I would not be charged until after the 3 months was over. However, not only was my card charged the $1 authorization, but was also charged the $9.99. Is this just a temporary charged or was I actually charged for the month already?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a survey in email that discusses a "premium" tier for WWE Network... so I guess that's going up in price soon.

Asks about more premium offerings, access to Ring of Honor, NJPW and other regional promotions (TNA as well)... a new ECW of TV-14 show...Scripted shows, narration to PPV from WWE legends...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More choices are always good for the consumer. Some folks would have no interest in that indie crap, some would. Glad they may have an option!

Plinko

I thought the bigger news there was the mention of acquiring TNA, ROH, and NJPW content. I was psyched to see that.

I still want old WWF Superstars :(

Top Bottom