• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuma Kiryu is "probably" the most requested first guest character in Tekken 7

Menthuss

asfqOYG.gif

... So THAT'S why that move is called the Tiger Drop.

I'd rather Sega make AM2 do a Fighters Megamix 2 then see Kiryu appear in Tekken to be honest. The fact they never made a crossover fighter again still boggles my mind.

Still might grab Tekken 7 irregardless of Kiryu's inclusion or not.

You'd think with a number of their franchises doing guest spot appearances in fighting games (Sonic & Bayo in Smash, VF in DOA5, the stuff in Dengeki Bunko--even if done by SEGA themselves) they would given Fighters Megamix a sequel at this point. I would buy it in a heartbeat if they ever did.

Still though, if Kiryu does somehow wind up in Tekken 7, I'm buying it.
I'd also like a new Virtua Fighter.

Spaghetti

He'd be cool, but I'd prefer Ryo Hazuki.

In a game about people beating the ever loving shit out of each other, I think Kiryu fits better than Ryo.
I dunno about that, hombre. Ryo has bodied his fair share.

That said *whynotboth.gif*

All this thread tells me is that there is a bubbling undercurrent of people itching for a Fighters Megamix-style SEGA character crossover fighting game.

Disappointing to read a thread where so many people are saying they would buy Tekken 7 if Kiryu was in it. This is really telling me no one here is interested in Tekken 7 as it is. Bad time to be a Tekken fan.

HeelPower

Just because they added Akuma doesnot mean that T7 has suddenly become a melting pot for guest characters.

There is a reason why Akuma was added.Namco had a deal with the SFxT cross over mania.

Yudoken

Kiryu would fit amazingly well in T7.

He has so many rediculous moves and even non fans would really enjoy seeing him in the game.

Disappointing to read a thread where so many people are saying they would buy Tekken 7 if Kiryu was in it. This is really telling me no one here is interested in Tekken 7 as it is. Bad time to be a Tekken fan.

I will buy Tekken 7 anyway but mainly because no Virtua Fighter is coming.

Almost all Tekken character feel strange to me so see a familiar face in a game like this is welcome.

Gaminar

Banned
My picks are the following:

Sega: Kiryu or Akira
Capcom: Ryu or Beowulf Dante or Virgil (since they have the Devil Trigger)
SNK: Rock or Iori or Ryo or Terry or Kyo or Geese

TreIII

Don't get me wrong, I was already buying the game already.

But for me, it's like...I certainly appreciate Tekken, but it's always been second fiddle to my true Namco 3D fighting love, Soulcalibur. And even now, a number of my old Tekken stand-bys aren't even confirmed (like Armor King), so the struggle is definitely real for me. Even still, I want to support because hopefully I'll enjoy a good game and it'll go some lengths towards what I REALLY want from Namco.

Even so...I'd ALMOST be willing to overlook certain characters like AK being absent, assuming picks like Geese or Kiryu make it in as collabs.

i don't think i've ever seen a yakuza video with over a million views.
lol, no way.

xkzRUs2.gif
yo man take it up with Finaika
yakuza's sales is a fraction of tekken's. tekken doesn't need kiryu, kiryu needs tekken
Just because they added Akuma doesnot mean that T7 has suddenly become a melting pot for guest characters.

There is a reason why Akuma was added.Namco had a deal with the SFxT cross over mania.
you could have at least skimmed my OP before making this incongruous post.
At first I was "yeah, Kazuma is clearly the best guest character for Tekken" but then I saw this.
it has established that that's wrong. in Harada's first and second tweets, combined Kiryu has the most requests by far. I linked both tweets in the OP.

jjasso21

This sounds like it would be a great idea. He will definitely fit in with the other characters in the Tekken Universe. I always loved crossover characters.

Demoskinos

I would go throw down the $80 right the fuck now for the digital special edition if I was guaranteed that I could play as Kiryu.

Spman2099

I am done with the hacky sack simulator known as the Tekken series. That being said, I could be convinced to give it one more shot for Kazuma.

Temp_User

lol, no way.

xkzRUs2.gif

LOL Akira!

Still this GIF have me imagining as to what Kiryu's gameplay style would be if he ever become a VF guest character. Im thinking of maybe along the lines of Lei-Fei's stance switching to incorporate his different fighting styles (ie. Brawler style=normal, Rush style=weak but excellent dodging and z-axis movement, Beast style=slow but damaging sabakis).

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
LOL Akira!

Still this GIF have me imagining as to what Kiryu's gameplay style would be if he ever become a VF guest character. Im thinking of maybe along the lines of Lei-Fei's stance switching to incorporate his different fighting styles (ie. Brawler style=normal, Rush style=weak but excellent dodging and z-axis movement, Beast style=slow but damaging sabakis).

Sounds like Vanessa since she has complete movelists across her two stances (offensive & defensive stance) while Lei-Fei only has a handful of moves across per stance (and a shitload of stances)

But yes that sounds rad

Hell yeah. His yakuza series fighting style is perfect for tekken in my opinion. I think he would make for an amazing guest character.

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
We're not the only ones to report this, but IGN has as well (after us, and may have gotten it from us; some cite us as the source as well).

http://it.ign.com/tekken-7-ps4/124408/news/kazuma-kiryu-come-personaggio-di-tekken-7

But, as far as the female character that had all of that engagement, she doesn't count as having been suggested by her game developer. I don't even know who she is. It would need to be a character that is possible and would help draw more gamers to Tekken 7.

:)

Loona

If it was to happen, wouldn't he be a PS4 exclusive guest character,like Kratos was for MK9 or Cole (InFamous) for SxT?

Sega let its VF characters retain their presence in all versions and ports of Dead or Alive 5, might not be a problem.

Why would it be Dengeki Bunko? That a Dengeki light novel/manga series crossover. Fighting Vipers or Sonic the Fighters, with is a Sega Crossover makes more sense.

You could have Kiryu, Bayonetta, Akira, Pai, Selvaria Bles, Lloyd Irving, Velvet Crowe, Jack Cayman, Eggman Robotnik, Beat, Ryo Hazuki, Ulala, a Sega Hard Girl, and the list goes on and on without even diving into the cartoony animal characters.

At this point, you could even include Segata Sanshiro and Mike Hatsune.

Dengeki Bunko may be mostly about light novel characters, but it's still Sega work, and includes several Sega-themed stages plus some Sega characters... it's like it's trying to give birth to an actual full-on Sega crossover fighter, but has to compromise for the time being - hopefully one of these days it'll get the chance...

That video is kinda spoilerish but it's funny. And yeah there is also Angry joe's review.

https://youtu.be/a1cFBtr-ryU
We're not the only ones to report this, but IGN has as well (after us, and may have gotten it from us; some cite us as the source as well).

http://it.ign.com/tekken-7-ps4/124408/news/kazuma-kiryu-come-personaggio-di-tekken-7

But, as far as the female character that had all of that engagement, she doesn't count as having been suggested by her game developer. I don't even know who she is. It would need to be a character that is possible and would help draw more gamers to Tekken 7.

:)
Ohhhh man! It's Zee the CEO! I didn't even know you had a GAF account, man.

Well, thanks for stopping by. I'm taking every opportunity I can to have my favorite video game character, hell favorite fictional character eve, Kazuma Kiryu, into the video game series that I grew up with, Tekken.

The time, is now..

bump - Gamerant has picked up on this as well
Until then, though, fans will just have to wait and see whether or not Harada can make their dreams come true. While the tweet that prompted this discussion made no promises about including the most popular suggestions, not having Kazuma Kiryu in Tekken 7 at this point would be very disappointing to a fanbase that has made its desires very clear.
that last line would definitely apply to me

https://gamerant.com/yakuza-protagonist-guest-fighter-tekken-7/

Aww man, I'm letting myself believe :(

Now I'm just gonna be disappointed if this doesn't happen.
same here, man. imagine that's how a load of people are going to feel. I just wanna know when they'll even reveal who they picked. suspense is killin me.

also...Zee was a pleasant surprise, I wonder if MarkMan will stop by?
Takane for the im@s rep tbh. Any other answer is irrelevant.
what?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
same here, man. imagine that's how a load of people are going to feel. I just wanna know when they'll even reveal who they picked. suspense is killin me.

also...Zee was a pleasant surprise, I wonder if MarkMan will stop by?
what?

Stop by for what!?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iM@S is a nickname for the game series The iDOLM@STER. Takane is a character from that series.

Look at Harada's Twitter profile.
Banner = iDOLM@STER (picture of Iori)
Profile photo = iDOLM@STER (Iori's rabbit photoshopped in)
Location = iDOLM@STER (765 Production)

No prizes for guessing which Bamco game, that Harada doesn't work on, he loves.

Of course, it also means the iM@S rep will be his favourite, Iori.

Or the face of the series, and the correct choice, Haruka.

If we are going to throw idols Into this, then nozomi tojo from love live. Her spiritual powers can seal the devil gene!
there are supposed to be 2 guest characters, i think the second one should be a girl anyway.
Stop by for what!?
whoa damn,

well you know, you've cameo'd in some of my previous threads, I was hoping you could stop by and maybe shed some light on when Harada will announce the first guest character...
iM@S is a nickname for the game series The iDOLM@STER. Takane is a character from that series.

Look at Harada's Twitter profile.
Banner = iDOLM@STER (picture of Iori)
Profile photo = iDOLM@STER (Iori's rabbit photoshopped in)
Location = iDOLM@STER (765 Production)

No prizes for guessing which Bamco game, that Harada doesn't work on, he loves.

Of course, it also means the iM@S rep will be his favourite, Iori.

Or the face of the series, and the correct choice, Haruka.
Oh I see. thanks for explaining

with that being the case then I guess that was just a joke post.
Tweet at Harada. Don't be rude, but sometimes that stuff can make a difference.
I sure did
He tweeted twice asking for suggestions, replying to those tweets should be fair game.
well he got like thousands of tweets back, so perhaps if he could just tweet as a general response..

Loona

well he got like thousands of tweets back, so perhaps if he could just tweet as a general response..

Really doubtful - odds are a response will come in the shape of a trailer and/or official announcement in some event, preferably one that involves the company being worked with to include the guest.

C'mon Project X Zone 3 announcement!...

Really doubtful - odds are a response will come in the shape of a trailer and/or official announcement in some event, preferably one that involves the company being worked with to include the guest.

C'mon Project X Zone 3 announcement!...

I would be cool with that as well but I would still prefer if he announced the first guest character before the game itself launched. Either way though I'd be ecstatic to see Kiryu in the game.

apologies, i know this is the second time i double posted - another youtuber has dedicated a video explaining that kiryu not only makes sense, but even more sense than akuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-0CTzpHgG0

he also had a kazuya vs kiryu youtube video with good and unbiased arguments on both sides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-aFwFyIic

with all this tekken 7 news and hype coming back and forth, it would be awesome if they announced who the guest fighter was soon too

Top Bottom