• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront will be at E3

vypek

Hope they don't trash what made the series great. Please have instant action and galactic conquest mode. I have so many suggestions I want to send them

Loved the mix of players and AI in a big battle in the first game. Hope they have it in this one too.

This. Have a bad feeling that multiplayer will just be players vs players, but if it is a mix of players and AI with the players being able to command the AI then this game will be awesome.

Hip Hop

Swore I'd never buy another game from Dice and they go and do this.

Fuckers.

BUT I'LL WAIT DAMMIT!!!! YOU HEAR ME EA I'LL FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!

I feel like no one else has the talent like DICE to bring us a truly open warfare battlefront game.

Glad EA got the rights.

vypek

Multiplayer galactic conquest

Great concept. That would be excellent and could probably be implemented a few ways. I just got a slew of ideas from that. I think I will seriously email them and hope they take me seriously.

This is actually my most hyped game at the moment, I've been waiting for Battlefront 3 for 9 years.

Shit, it'll be 10 years since Battlefront 2 when it launches.

Getting on that hype train though!

Unstable

Every bone in my body is telling me not to get hyped after BF4s quality control, I was burned so hard on that game. Nevertheless, hype levels rising. I can't think of a better developer to nail the game play of Battlefront.
Let's just hope EA learned from BF4 and gives DICE the time it needs.

After the complete and utter fiasco that was Battlefield 4, DICE have a long way to go to earn my trust and respect again no matter how much carefully crafted and misleading marketing material they produce.

SW: Battlefront!?

On9DcXX.gif

iosefe

Great concept. That would be excellent and could probably be implemented a few ways. I just got a slew of ideas from that. I think I will seriously email them and hope they take me seriously.

would need a solid idea first. would it start a neutral playing field? 2/8/2 at least, or the galaxy is split evenly and it's a tug of war? Would it Be Empire At war with TPS/FPS battles?

would need a solid idea first. would it start a neutral playing field? 2/8/2 at least, or the galaxy is split evenly and it's a tug of war? Would it Be Empire At war with TPS/FPS battles?

Completely custom, allow the players to choose which factions are fighting and who controls which planets at the start and what planets are neutral. Best way to go about it. Of course that would be if they allowed players to set up custom games to begin with, which I image they would but for a price.

As far for casual groupings on servers set up by EA, I imagine you could have the set up start with any of the said configurations, doesn't have to be the same thing over and over, and then at the end of each match you could have the players all vote on their factions next move.

funkypie

Banned
Asked how Star Wars games are progressing, if we will hear about them at E3, ect

Answer: "Battlefront coming along very well, Frostbite 3 has meant team can iterate and drive innovation with high quality. Plan to show more of it at E3 this year, but lots of work to go"

how is it coming along very well? didn't they stop all projects while they fix bf4?

must have just been some PR bullshit by dice.

vypek

I think it would work best starting with neutral fields and after some battles it may turn into a tug of war situation. But neutrality to start with. You could have a 1 v 1 online multiplayer galactic conquest or maybe 8 v 8 with a team captain choosing the next strategic move (or have captain rotate between matches) and have the players do battles tps/fps and on space.

2/8/2 sounds great. Galactic conquest made things so interesting my having a chance of space battles mixed in as well as having 'perks' for lack of a better word be available before battles.

Skeleton

Banned
Super stoked for this game until I heard dice are making it.

dice can't make a working game it's just a horrible bug fest every time, this is going to Star Wars battlefront jar jar bugs edition

Hype for me is dead

DrZeus

Good gawd the thought of this game and others like it make this gen worth the wait. I just hope it is still 1st and 3rd person. I gotta feeling we're going to be fps forced because Dice.

cripterion

This is developped by DICE right? If so pass.

Might give a try to that Battlefield Police game made by the other devs though.

Tcbys

Banned
CANT WAIT!!!

I hope they show some Gameplay to see how its going to play.

I Hope to GOD! that they kept that Ground to Space transition that was shown in that Battlefront 3 Alpha footage. That IS NEXT GEN mechanic.

Huge ass Battles from Ground all the way to space. Be able to pilot capital ships and if shit hits the fan head to the escape pod and head down to the planet to continue the fighting.

If they have all of that DAY 1 BUY for sure.

Tcbys

Banned
It will never live up to what Free Radical were making, but I am excited none the less.

I think that it will. If its going to be on Next Gen only then there is room to hope. PS4/X1 and PC.

If that Free Radical Battlefront 3 was just on Last Gen hardware. I shit to think what they can do with working with PS4/X1/PC hardware will do. I cant fucking wait.

BD1

Banned
I'm really excited to see this game.

My prediction is there will be a big stage at the end that ties directly into a big action set piece episode VII.

adj_noun

All I want is to be able to fly a TIE Fighter in multiplayer. Let me fly a TIE Fighter, let me shoot at X-Wings and I am a happy man.

MattyG

Banned
Do you guys think they'll bring back the heroes/villains mode from BF2? I used to love setting up a bot match of that on Mos Eisley and watching the chaos unfold. Good times.

And if flying from the battlefield to space in the same match like in the Free Radical version makes it in, I would be soooooo happy.

OneUh8

So does this mean no gameplay shown? That is what I get from that statement. But I will take anything really. I have been wanting a really good Star wars game for a long time.

Top Bottom