• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Makes the game look like hot garbage

The other video that was posted earlier makes it look absolutely amazing, though. But it's KB/M, and the player is actually good, so go figure.

I'm pretty excited for this game now. Doom is my favorite FPS franchise - I still play the classic games ( there's an endless amount of user-created content, and yeah, Brutal Doom is spectacular ), and this one looks like a worthy successor.

Mifec

Hardly a problem.thers been no performance costs related to it. Everything has beeb poorly created rumors or terribad ports like lords of fallen

Its good because most pirates cabt crack it for considerable amount off time if ever

There is nothing good about denuvo for consumers tbh. We've been over this already.

ObiDin

Is the SP as good as The New Order? I'm playing that right now and it's really good and if DOOM singleplayer is in the same vein IMll probably buy it this weekend.
Haven't played Doom myself, but it's completely different. New Order was essentially a stop and pop semi cover shooter. Doom is played on the run, keeping you killing(to get pickups) to stay alive.

I liked New Order, but the game play of Doom is more my thing.

m4st4

Is the SP as good as The New Order? I'm playing that right now and it's really good and if DOOM singleplayer is in the same vein IMll probably buy it this weekend.

But that's unrealistic since TNO is pretty character driven, whereas Doom merely brushes on lore. Gunplay is a different story, hard to tell.

Now, is it unwise to play the game in VPN? Does it matter at all?

Would going out of VPN take away my game access now that I've played it?
Playing in VPN wouldn't be a problem, but the free VPN's usually have limits(data or time) and they'll usually auto-disconnect. So it's better to just put Steam in "offline mode" so you can restart the game as many times as you want without having to VPN every time. You only have to do this until the game unlocks for your region.

---------------------------

The game has a TON of options settings which is really nice.

prudislav

135be31c95c10c7ae21606db68b1d883.jpg

Denuvo confirmed.

glad i got disgusted by the beta to the point of cancelling pre-order
atill dontz trust this fishy renamed company

Yeah, forgive my sarcasm. The person playing in the video was having quite a hard time using the right thumbstick, almost stubbornly refusing to and trying to strafe everyone to death. Kinda hard to imagine someone having that hard a time using a controller nowadays.

Wow, youre right. This person seems to be having legitimate issues using the controller.
Did someone get their mom to demo the game for polygon?

I had to turn it off after 5 minutes.

Anung

Un Rama
Put an hour or so on PS4 and I'm really enjoying it so far. Looks great, art design is nice and the frame rate seems solid. What's really impressing me is the speed, holy hell it is so damn fast. The level design also earns a mention as so far the maps are huge and multilayered with loads of secrets. Presentation of the menu screens are very slick.

Stand out so far is definetly the score. Mick Gordon does it again as wading through the demonic hordes as these huge industrial guitar riffs explode just elevates the exeperiene.

Now, is it unwise to play the game in VPN? Does it matter at all?

Would going out of VPN take away my game access now that I've played it?
As long as the game is running it wont, but if you close the game and the vpn isnt running, yeah you can get locked back out. Just go into offline mode in steam and you can close the vpn.

Raptomex

I don't really plan on playing multiplayer but I will get the season pass if the DLC packs add stuff to SnapMap. Great OT.

As long as the game is running it wont, but if you close the game and the vpn isnt running, yeah you can get locked back out. Just go into offline mode in steam and you can close the vpn.

this has never been an issue with any of the games I've unlocked.

Unlock the game with the VPN. Boot it to make sure it worked. Close steam. kill the vpn. Boot steam.

launch game.

some say it's unsafe to stay on public VPNs as people can try to access your PC via it, regardless, you don't need to continue to use the VPN

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this has never been an issue with any of the games I've unlocked.

Unlock the game with the VPN. Boot it to make sure it worked. Close steam. kill the vpn. Boot steam.

launch game.

some say it's unsafe to stay on public VPNs as people can try to access your PC via it, regardless, you don't need to continue to use the VPN

He's referring to the "Play" button reverting back to "Pre-load", which does happen after a short while. It's why people often recommend switching to Offline Mode.

DooMAGE

Put an hour or so on PS4 and I'm really enjoying it so far. Looks great, art design is nice and the frame rate seems solid. What's really impressing me is the speed, holy hell it is so damn fast. The level design also earns a mention as so far the maps are huge and multilayered with loads of secrets. Presentation of the menu screens are very slick.

Stand out so far is definetly the score. Mick Gordon does it again as wading through the demonic hordes as these huge industrial guitar riffs explode just elevates the exeperiene.

To ppl with doubts about arena only gameplay and poor Level design... There it is.

Best demon of the game without a doubt!

niK34o.png

I always loved Mancubus and they are amazing here. much better than Doom 3 design.

oh, close one. I was worried the game looked like that on PC :<

any impressions?
I love everything about this game! gameplay is amazing, fast and fun. level design is great and most of levels have lots of layers and secrets. there are even platforming sections! music is outstanding and gives you lots of energy. demons design are great too and graphics are really great considering its 60fps on consoles. (only thing I don't like about it is screen tearing and some frame drops) and its amazing artistically too.
As a Doom fan who LOVE classic Dooms and like Doom 3 too, I like the new game so much. but I think it will be very divisive and predict the metascore between 80 - 83.

More I think about it, I'd have loved it if the Glory Kill system was more to do with picking up a special item to be used say 3 times whenever you want and then would need to pick up another if all used.

Scouting round looking for them and using them when only really necessary resonates more the the older spirit of Doom to me.

Come on Bethesda, gimme me a patch!

Played an hour or so and it's definitely DOOM. It's also pretty damn fast from the start. That shotgun is so much fun, packs some real punch!

Justinian

Still on the opening level but I can tell this is gonna be a tonne of fun.

It looks stunning and runs so incredibly smoothly and efficiently on highest settings to boot.

JPS Kai

I'm still in a holding pattern to see if Bethesda will be sending review code our way. Seeing the PS4 stuff is certainly getting me excited.

Blitzhex

Getting around 75-80 fps in the starting area with ultra preset and smaa 1440p. 980ti @ 1420mhz. Using some old driver.

Top Bottom