• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump (through Judge Jeanine): "Paul Ryan needs to step down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i lost it at "i certainly did NOT speak to president trump about this...." as if she well understood the torrent of shit about to be directed her way. at least she has some self-awareness.

rjinaz

How do you think Fox News will cover Trump's impeachment? Will it still defend him?

I don't think they will defend him, they won't support him either. Instead they will try and shift the conversation on how screwed the country would be if the Democrats would come to power at election time. So in other words, the negative things (in their minds) that Democrats have and will likely do would be their focus and trying to get people motivated to vote.

I would guess that if Pence doesn't get booted, they will try and hail him as the savior of the party.

Ketch

What a coward.

Yea for real. Of course he was never gonna be worth a damn, but what a missed opportunity of finally having someone who wasn't a career politician beholden to anyone (lol) in the position.

It's like the whole "if I was president, I'd fire all those morons" that everybody crows amongst their friends.

Nobody ever says "if I was president, I'd literally do nothing".

My barber has good ideas, my younger pothead brother and I agree on policies.

Just because you agree with a persons policies, or their ideas, doesn't mean they're fit to be President.

Do you guys even read? This is why we both said we would not and did not vote for him.

I'm dyin at Trump doing this and then it immediately leaking out that he handed Merkel a bill like a fucking jackass

It's like the second he does something positive, he gets another knife in the back

Surfinn

So is he gunna admit to passively aggressively demanding Ryan to step down? Or pretend like it never happened? Or seriously go with the narrative of "I didn't know"?

Surfinn

It's funny because now whenever Trump fucks up people are going to to pass it off as "he's just a business man, how can we expect him to know X?"

But then who is Gaius Baltar? And more importantly Number 6?

"Mr. Vice president the Russians are hacking us again!"

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Iorv3th

Trump probably tweeted to watch the show because earlier in the day they said her show would have someone with evidence that trump was wire tapped.

Not because he's speaking through her. Dude is an ass and not afraid to let people know it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I kind of think this is how it went down now...(I'm not sure how this show is filmed though)

Jeannie was always planning to go after Ryan, either because the White House "asked" her too or because she has loyalty to Trump due to reported financial ties in the past. That being said she wanted it to come off as her own words as much as she could.

That was her main message of the night, but Fox advertised "new Wiretap info!" as that's more eye-catching to their, ahem, less discerning viewers. Trump saw this, got excited he'd be vindicated once more, and Tweeted to watch her show referring to that without any knowledge of the Paul Ryan stuff---or, hell, maybe he knew that was happening but didn't really think how he'd come off.

Jeannie finds out, is pissed, but still has to carry forward with her anti-Ryan message and now has to add in her "I DIDN'T TALK TO HIM!" disclaimers, probably while cursing Trump under her breath. She sounds extremely aggravated the whole time, though as others have said perhaps that's how she always is.

In the end it doesn't matter HOW it happened, because everyone sees this as Trump purposefully throwing Ryan under the bus---and his follow-up Tweet attacking the Freedom Caucus in a similar fashion doesn't help how he comes across either. He fucked up, but once again probably out of stupidity rather than pure malice.

theWB27

Trump probably tweeted to watch the show because earlier in the day they said her show would have someone with evidence that trump was wire tapped.

Not because he's speaking through her. Dude is an ass and not afraid to let people know it.

Why else would she make it abundantly clear that trump had nothing to do with this... Right

Surfinn

I kind of think this is how it went down now...(I'm not sure how this show is filmed though)

Jeannie was always planning to go after Ryan, either because the White House "asked" her too or because she has loyalty to Trump due to reported financial ties in the past. That being said she wanted it to come off as her own words as much as she could.

That was her main message of the night, but Fox advertised "new Wiretap info!" as that's more eye-catching to their, ahem, less discerning viewers. Trump saw this, got excited he'd be vindicated once more, and Tweeted to watch her show referring to that without any knowledge of the Paul Ryan stuff---or, hell, maybe he knew that was happening but didn't really think how he'd come off.

Jeannie finds out, is pissed, but still has to carry forward with her anti-Ryan message and now has to add in her "I DIDN'T TALK TO HIM!" disclaimers, probably while cursing Trump under her breath. She sounds extremely aggravated the whole time, though as others have said perhaps that's how she always is.

In the end it doesn't matter HOW it happened, because everyone sees this as Trump purposefully throwing Ryan under the bus---and his follow-up Tweet attacking the Freedom Caucus in a similar fashion doesn't help how he comes across either. He fucked up, but once again probably out of stupidity rather than pure malice.
There were already retorts of the WH blaming Ryan for the bill before Trump ever tweeted anything.

I think it's clear he knew she was gunna blast him.

This is my reading of it as well.

What are some of his good ideas?

I do believe that we need to be a bit less involved in world affairs. I also believe that we should address the disparity between imports and exports. I am wise enough to know that I have no idea if these things are even feasible or how to implement them.

I do believe that we need to be a bit less involved in world affairs. I also believe that we should address the disparity between imports and exports. I am wise enough to know that I have no idea if these things are even feasible or how to implement them.

A good way to be less involved in world affairs is to drastically increase your military budget.

A good way to address the disparity between imports and exports is to antagonize and even demonstrate open hostility to your trading partners.

There is one thing I hope he can succeed at and that is finally getting the government to invest in infrastructure. America needs that bad. It's the only thing I agree with him on.

Even moderate republicans, who Paul Ryan admitted have not actually been interested in governing for the last 10 years, will shit their pants at a $1 trillion budget increase.

A good way to be less involved in world affairs is to drastically increase your military budget.

A good way to address the disparity between imports and exports is to antagonize and even demonstrate open hostility to your trading partners.

What does this have to do with what I said aside from containing some of the same words? How do you get support for ANY of Trump's actions from what I am saying? Who are you talking to? What are you talking about?

Siegcram

What does this have to do with what I said aside from containing some of the same words? How do you get support for ANY of Trump's actions from what I am saying? Who are you talking to? What are you talking about?
To say he has good ideas when he's acting in direct opposition to those ideas is the definition of worthless.

Not to mention Trump has probably held every position under the sun on time or another, so pinning down his ideas is a quixotic effort to begin with.

Biske

Wow this video is incredible. In trying to absolve Trump she makes him seem like the weakest most incompetent idiot around.

Just astounding

Only thing more astounding is when she asks how all this happened​, how all these Jokers slapped this shit together destined to fail.

How they did they not know?

How in the fuck did this happen. 7 years of foaming out the mouth. And they dropped the ball and gave up in what. 18 days? Just incredible.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
President Donald Trump does not want House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down, White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said Sunday

This was strictly “coincidental,” Priebus said during an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.”

Asked plainly if Trump wanted Ryan to step down following the failure of the party to pass a repeal-and-replace bill for Obamacare, Priebus replied: “No, he doesn’t.”

There ya have it, folks. It was nothing more than a mere coincidence!

No.. There's more

"No he doesn't " is in quotes!
--

Seriously a coincidence.. ha

rjinaz

President Donald Trump does not want House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down, White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said Sunday

This was strictly “coincidental,” Priebus said during an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.”

Asked plainly if Trump wanted Ryan to step down following the failure of the party to pass a repeal-and-replace bill for Obamacare, Priebus replied: “No, he doesn’t.”

There ya have it, folks. It was nothing more than a mere coincidence!

They should have asked him if Trump wants Preibus to step down. Rumors are circulating that he does.

To say he has good ideas when he's acting in direct opposition to those ideas is the definition of worthless.

Not to mention Trump has probably held every position under the sun on time or another, so pinning down his ideas is a quixotic effort to begin with.

AGAIN, this is why he did not receive my vote. AGAIN, he said a couple of things that I thought we should think about and AGAIN since I didn't vote for him how does what he's saying or doing currently have anything to do with me? This is what has and continues to kill us liberals. This is the why we failed because we were so busy feeling good about our moral superiority that just enough uninformed and plain stupid voters chose Trump. It wasn't just Neo-Nazis and bigots, it was also "Bernie or bust" voters that acted like no one would choose bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom