• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

there's at least 3 spots people do deadlift. there was one guy who did deadlift at the bench area lol.

this is la fitness here. lol.

Yeah the LA I was at years ago people would make room and squeeze in weird places. The Gold's I'm at now is just insanely cramped and there's no way for people to make deadlift room unless they want to do it far away from any weight rack, which would be annoying.

However, good thing is this gold's does have 4 squat racks and a platform, so usually not all are taken up anyway.

Yeah the LA I was at years ago people would make room and squeeze in weird places. The Gold's I'm at now is just insanely cramped and there's no way for people to make deadlift room unless they want to do it far away from any weight rack, which would be annoying.

However, good thing is this gold's does have 4 squat racks and a platform, so usually not all are taken up anyway.

golds gym has dedicated crossfit area. so there's that. but aint got time to pay another membership and sit in traffic lol.

really need to get a home gym set up.

Something else that can happen is that Bench Horse, the horse that can bench press, could show up and make you look bad.

QmO8KQI.jpg

Not sure anyone can help with this but...

...since I got back from Leadville (about a week and a half ago now) I've been pretty much constantly tired, no matter how much I've been sleeping. Given I was coming back from 10 days at altitude, I expected it to go the opposite way, but I'm genuinely fucked.

I can count on one hand the numbers of times I've fallen asleep again after waking up in the morning, and two of those times were in the last week. It's properly bizarre.

vypek

Anybody here seen/used those cans of "Pure Protein" that look like a soda can? I'm curious about their reception and taste.

EDIT: Also curious about "Premier Protein" shakes. I've been using a powder for a while and would like to try something new.

Anybody here seen/used those cans of "Pure Protein" that look like a soda can? I'm curious about their reception and taste.

EDIT: Also curious about "Premier Protein" shakes. I've been using a powder for a while and would like to try something new.

Banana is awesome. Recommend.

I just wish the dern things had more calories.

entremet

Rich Piana died?

Yep, allegedly. Been getting spread via friends, but nothing official official. So did Dallas McCarver. Excessive steroid use ain't the best for you long term. Rich also did a lot of party drugs too.

This new wave of bodybuilders hasn't lived that long. They take way too many drugs for too long. Mass monsters were a mistake.

bchamba

Yea a lot of people there are mourning. I had never spoken to him but as soon as I saw people posting about it I was just sitting at work shocked for the rest of the day. Like how random and fucked up life can be that this young dude, younger than me, who had already accomplished so much and was destined for great things has this happen to him.

I probably saw him there 3x week. He's on the right side in the beginning of this video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUmecHOB5nw/?taken-by=bchamba

Pein

Banned
Yep, allegedly. Been getting spread via friends, but nothing official official. So did Dallas McCarver. Excessive steroid use ain't the best for you long term. Rich also did a lot of party drugs too.

This new wave of bodybuilders hasn't lived that long. They take way too many drugs for too long. Mass monsters were a mistake.
When you hear that these guys are easily into the very high 200's and treading 300lbs no fucking way can it be healthy to be that size, to eat all that food to maintain that size, plus with rich he was doing drugs too, like you're gonna burn out, the body can't take that sorta prolonged punishment.

RIP to rich though, he was very entertaining and really liked some of his vids.

Jokab

Finally going to see a physical therapist for my groin. Haven't been able to do squats since my third workout ever, so that's a bit of a bummer. Have been doing deadlifts, leg curls and leg extensions on the leg side to compensate somewhat.

Anyway, so I'm doing a lot of leg extensions. Is it weird that I can do 100kg in the leg extension machine and deadlift about the same weight? (I've deadlifted 95kg 1x5 so 100 should be possible.) I'm pretty sure I use correct form and enough stretch in the machine, ass is firmly planted, only the lower leg moving, lower back always touching the back rest. My friends tell me that one should be able to squat way more than weight than for leg extensions, so that means if I could actually do squats I would squat more than deadlift? Makes no sense... Any help?

Anyone got input in this?

Yes, work with your physio on what you can / can't do..

What you "should" be able to do is irrelevant, especially given injuries. Yes, normally people would be able to deadlift more than they squat, but normally people can bench more than they OHP, and I can't... so "normal" is largely irrelevant.

Also, leg extension strength is a pointless measure as it's massively affected by isolation.

lol, white powder. You come to my house and I have about 6 different white powders in my kitchen at any one time.

I do get a little worried when I travel with supplements though. I only need one particularly dumb border guard to fuck up my day / how ever long they feel like holding me whilst they test beta alanine / citruline malate etc...

Anybody have tips for tightening loose skin post weight loss?

There's literally nothing short of surgery that will work... and yes, it fucking sucks.

You'll get a little amount of tightening up over time, but if you've got any meaningful amount of loose skin, it's going to be with you forever as a reminder of past indiscretions.

Raxus

There's literally nothing short of surgery that will work... and yes, it fucking sucks.

You'll get a little amount of tightening up over time, but if you've got any meaningful amount of loose skin, it's going to be with you forever as a reminder of past indiscretions.

Can't you donate that skin or do you have to pay $$$?

Always was curious about that.

Disxo

So, I havent eaten in like 20 hours because I felt full, and I still do, wth is going on.
Maybe my body just got tired of bulking?
2200 kcal is my objective, just perfect,I've been hitting it consistently but as a someone in reddit pointed out eating so much is really taxing.

Try grabbing some dark chocolate almonds and peanuts for a snack, i get like 600-700 calories that way and it doesnt fill me up much because its mostly fat.

I actually started coating macadamias in chocolate for bikepacking. Short of eating butter, there's very little in the way of food that's higher calories to weight.

Top Bottom