• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy PS4 controllers

wwm0nkey

Just got mine at my GameStop and several others in the US are reporting the same so if anyone preorded one you can go get it now.

Remember it works on SOME PS3 while plugged in! *Will post a list soon

Also it works on any Directinput PC games like Psychonauts!
j2Cvs4lPr7tV9.jpg

UPDATE: How to play Xinput/360 controller supported games with DS4!
-Download x360ce
-Open up the x360ce and put it into the game you wish to play
-Run it
-Select "Logitec Cordless RumblePad 2" under presets
-Save
-Replace the xinput1_3.dll with the one found here
-Play the game!

*you may get a "config file does not match" message, just click ok and ignore it.

Ensirius

Just got mine at my GameStop and several others in the US are reporting the same so if anyone preorded one you can go get it now.

Remember it works on PS3 while plugged in!

Holy shit megaton. I didnt know this.

Is it just available for preorders?

VanWinkle

Is there some way to tell if a specific gamestop has them from the website?

I didn't preorder. Are the on store shelves or just available for preorder pickup?

Jack_AG

Banned
There are issues with using the PS4 controller on the PS3, guys. It doesn't just flat-out work for everything. There are many games it does not work with.

Dunno why - but that is what is being reported. OP should update his thread to reflect correct information so people don't go crazy thinking everything will work.

I actually went to mine about 3 hours ago to finally preorder Shadow Fall. Had to wait for someone in front of me and I decided to look around for the DS4...but i didn't see shit. Are they only for preorders, or do you just have to ask for them? Wouldn't mind going back to buy one now and play some GTA V with it.

Paskil

As much as I want to try the controller, the closest Sony store is 120 miles away. Also, I have no need for a second controller. Just waiting for demo units to pop in the general wild.

Krakn3Dfx

Gamestop by my office has them in stock as well. Tempting, but I did the $30 for $30 trade-in deal on Amazon, so I'm going to hold off.

wwm0nkey

I actually went to mine about 3 hours ago to finally preorder Shadow Fall. Had to wait for someone in front of me and I decided to look around for the DS4...but i didn't see shit. Are they only for preorders, or do you just have to ask for them? Wouldn't mind going back to buy one now and play some GTA V with it.
I asked them for it and told them to check the PC so they would see its not street dated (accessories never are)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, might want to call your local GS first. Just called mine, they said they don't have their shipment yet, but they should be in soon.

I was also told that all PS4 accessories will go on sale as soon as they receive them, as they aren't street dated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does it work on Windows natively?

This. At least as a basic controller?

I will go grab one right now if true to use it with FFXIV, so I can use my DS3 with my PS3 again.

If SE adds touchpad support in FFXIV for DS4... Man.

It works as a basic HID device (buttons, sticks). Lots of newer games only work with Xinput devices (360 controller). This uses Dinput.

Hazelhurst

I'll be stopping by my local gamestop after work to get one if they have it.

I hope it works for The Last of Us for my second play through.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait, does this mean stores like Walmart will have theirs early?

edit: and does the DS4 work with The Last of Us?

There are issues with using the PS4 controller on the PS3, guys. It doesn't just flat-out work for everything. There are many games it does not work with.

Dunno why - but that is what is being reported. OP should update his thread to reflect correct information so people don't go crazy thinking everything will work.

But...but I put on my sweat pants and everything.
Preorder cancelled.

Ah yeah. Got it, plug and play. Works great for direct input games, xinput games are a no go. I wish developers would hurry up and switch over. This thing is nice, would be perfect for super meat boy and dark souls.

VanWinkle

According to the store locator, there are no dualshocks within 100 miles. I even typed in New York City just to see if the thing works and there's none within 100 miles of that. Typed in Los Angeles and there are all kinds there. Maybe it's only on the west coast.

According to the store locator, there are no dualshocks within 100 miles. I even typed in New York City just to see if the thing works and there's none within 100 miles of that. Typed in Los Angeles and there are all kinds there. Maybe it's only on the west coast.

Yeah, its said the same thing for me (in Ca). My store had 3, so I'd get moving if you want one.

winstano

I hope Gamestop UK do the same thing and send them out when they get them in stock! Bought a DS4 for £37 and the PS Camera for £39 (as opposed to £55 and £50!)

Whilst I'm not totally sold on the benefits of the camera, if it's a bit naff I should be able to get my money back on eBay for it...

Mr Moose

I want my Wave Blue one now, please! Come on Amazon UK, you can do it! Even if all I do with it is smell it and ... stuff.

Top Bottom