• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt looking for Witcher 3 publisher, Cyberpunk will have major marketing

Hypron

-Jessica Chobot to play as one of the Cyberpsycho Squad.
-more of your favorite Videogames journalists from every site in the US and UK will show as NPCs in the game (EA Ultimate journalistic Integrity Initiative™)
-Cyborg Geralt is Origin pre order exclusive.
-Bioware is helping, Cyborg 2077 will have Bioware award winning writing and 6 colored ending.the secret orange ending is for $10.
-like Battlefield 5 on facebook to unlock more XP in C2077.
It'd be beyond epic if there actually was a cyborg version of Geralt in the game as an easter egg.

FACE

Banned
en_9ff204f2-610x343.jpg

They've posted this on their website followed by "stay tuned for more info.”

injurai

Banned
Mike Pondsmith "CDPR,they got it,and we are exciting about this game"
x
Andrzej Sapkowski " lolz,fuck the Witcher games,they are not even canon"

Yeah, it's a pretty stark contrast. I think part of it is due to the context of these two works. Cyberpunk is a pnp which is inherently nerdy. The Witcher is a fictional work by an author and while fantasy is nerdy too, his works are more living than Cyberpunk which has been dormant for sometime.

CDPR is helping to revive Cyberpunk, and Mike Pondsmith is ecstatic to create something for everyone with their help.

However CDPR could take liberties on TW, and seeing how popular they got without Andrzej Sapkowski's influence he is left bitter over his intellectual property. I think it was the wrong thing to say, but I can see the difference circumstances that they are working out of.

Anyways Pondsmith seems like an awesome guy, and I can't wait to see how things turn out.

R1CHO

Sapkowski Umad?

The witcher games are a fucking great representation of his fictional world, he should be proud and thankful.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't really think Sapkowski is bitter about the games. He has no problem with the games. What he does have is a strict authority over his canon and perception of story telling, and emphasises the point that no matter how much fans or the developers want to believe it, The Witcher video games are not canon nor part of his story. He considers The Witcher his creation and thus he is the one to steer it, and because he has no interest in the interactive medium will not be perusing a collaboration with CDP. It's not like he's stomping up and down and telling people not to play the games or trying to shut CDP down. He doesn't care if they use his material. He's just being typically inexperienced and disinterested in interactive story telling, and making the point that The Witcher is still his.

Top Bottom