• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii? Non! - Nintendo Land |OT|

After playing Metroid Prime 3 Corruption this week (half way through so far), I finally stuck this in and started MEtroid Blast, the only NL game I hadn't actually tried. Not only is it awesome, but trying all the other games again myself (I usually only play NL with friends at the weekend), and this really is some game. So much good stuff to be hand. Bar octopus dance, every game does something for me, and the trifecta of Metroid, Pikmin & Zelda are just fantastic. Really wish they'd do some dlc.

After playing Metroid Prime 3 Corruption this week (half way through so far), I finally stuck this in and started MEtroid Blast, the only NL game I hadn't actually tried. Not only is it awesome, but trying all the other games again myself (I usually only play NL with friends at the weekend), and this really is some game. So much good stuff to be hand. Bar octopus dance, every game does something for me, and the trifecta of Metroid, Pikmin & Zelda are just fantastic. Really wish they'd do some dlc.

The ground players VS. the ship is really, really good. It can get pretty competitive.

The ground players VS. the ship is really, really good. It can get pretty competitive.

I need to try that one out. My friends aren't usually for competitive unfortunately but I'll see who I can wrangle. It's super awesome though, I'd love to look back in 3-4 years and see a bunch of these were prototypes for real multi components in the next Metroid, Zelda & so on.

I'll join the echo chamber that is Metroid. It's probably my favorite single player experience in Nintendoland.

I like the Ninja one, too.

I need to find my Wiimotes, nunchucks, and some friends to come over. These games look really fun with a few more people.

Himself

Just got a Wii U Deluxe. Which mini games do you think would be the most fun for incredibly casual gamers? My fiancée doesn't play anything really, but I'm hoping I can get her involved in one or two of these.

Hoodbury

Just got a Wii U Deluxe. Which mini games do you think would be the most fun for incredibly casual gamers? My fiancée doesn't play anything really, but I'm hoping I can get her involved in one or two of these.

My wife couldn't get enough of Pikmin. She did the Wiimote control while I used the gamepad.

My wife, who has never shown any interest in games before Nintendo Land. loves the Animal Crossing game with Pikmin probably her second favorite.

Himself

My wife, who has never shown any interest in games before Nintendo Land. loves the Animal Crossing game with Pikmin probably her second favorite.

She ended up digging Mario Chase and especially Luigi's Mansion. By the time we got to Animal Crossing it was the third variation of basically the same premise (chase and tackle the person with the gamepad) so we took a break. We had a total blast, though. Gonna try Pikin and Metroid next time.

I'm personally having a bunch of fun with Balloon Fight. So simple, but classic games stay classic.

I played the ninja star game once and don't think I'll be going back. It was OK, but felt like much more a tech demo than a fun game.

Also, I hope no other games use the gyro in the gamepad as the camera. It's kind of awkward having to hold the thing totally vertical just to keep the camera behind the character in the main square.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So the family bought me a U several days ago, and up until last night it's been 100% NSMBU. Really love that the whole family is playing and enjoying the system.

So enter my youngest daughter who aside from a recent Blops 2 addiction, barely plays videogames anymore. She had been asking when we were going to try Nintendo land, and during a sleep over with her girlfriends, they must've cracked the game open and played it. I can't remember the last time she came up to me to tell me how awesome a videogame was, but I finally played it with her last night, and it's just exceeded all expectations.

Luigi's Mansion was cool. Metroid Blast was awesome. Pikmin...oh man, I really love Pikmin! Haven't tried everything yet, but this is hands down the best mini game collection I've ever played. Can't wait to sit the whole family down to play together!

For all the talk about how they should've went with another Wii Sports over this? Uh...no. This blows the doors off Wii Sports. Nintendo really needs to show people exactly what they're missing out on here. If I walk into a Best Buy this thing should be playing in the demo system, with an extra couple Wiimotes to use.

It's clear more than ever to me that Nintendo's priority is on delivering fun, and nobody does it as well as they do.

shawnlreed

I bought a Wii U at launch, and have beaten several games on it so far, but I had never gotten around to playing Nintendoland until this month.
I absolutely love it.
Such an amazingly fun and challenging game.
It took me about 20 hours of practice to get all 10 stamps in Zelda Battle Quest, but I loved every minute of it. Playing solo as the swordsman requires a lot of patience and skill.
9332949587_5ee1bc89c1_n.jpg

So relatives came over last night and this was the first time my wife and I got to play this game 4 players, and man was it a BLAST! This title's got a collection of games that showcase the Wii U tablet amazingly. From that Zelda Quest game to Mario Chase to Animal Crossing's candy game, it utilizes the tablet fantastically!

We had such an awesome time playing this thing that my wife's cousin said he was thoroughly impressed with it and wanted to "get the tablet for his Wii" to play the game....and this is where it finally began to frustrate me.

Why didn't Nintendo market this thing better?? He had no idea that this thing was for the Wii U, heck he didn't even KNOW about the Wii U, let alone it being a brand new system apart from the Wii. If Nintendo had done a better job at marketing this system as a NEW(HD) system that isn't a Wii, and did a better job at showcasing the awesome gameplay that can be incorporated with the tablet, the sales of the Wii U wouldn't be this bad now. This is sad and a complete missed opportunity.

Anyway, great system, great game regardless. Nintendo need to step up their game to market this thing.

braves01

Banned
Amazon is selling this for $12.95 right now. If there is little chance I'll play much multiplayer, worth it just for the singleplayer content?

It's a steal at $20 or less, IMO. I've only played it solo, too, so I'm sure if you've got friends that play games it's an even better deal. For me, it's all about that soundtrack and those pretty hd graphics.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got it for 5.39 today at Gamestop and it is extremely charming.
Only tried 2 attractions, but Monita being captured and me being unable to help it was amazing.

Sinistral

Late bump but whatever. I just recently bought a Wii U, and after playing through NSMBU, I tried this game. It really is a great showpiece for the system. I especially liked the Metroid mini-game.

I'm a long time PC gamer, and I HATE playing shooters (1st/3rd) on the consoles solely because of the Analog sticks. With the Wii Motion Plus, the shooting was as close to mouse input as you can get while sitting on the couch. I was really amazed. I had a Wii but this was my first time with a Wii Motion Plus controller and there is a significant difference. I wish this took off more.

This morning me and my 5 year old nephew beat the first 9 levels of the Zelda Mini game. He absolutely loved swinging the sword around. The aiming with the gamepad is especially joyful with the combo of analog stick + gyroscope.

Amazing game.

Feffe

Sorry to necro this thread, I'm still junior and can't create a new one :p So, I bought an used Wii U for Zelda and it came up with NintendoLand. I didn't really like Wii Sports, so I thought it would be a borging minigame collection... I was so wrong! The three competitive attraction are the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. Pikmin Adventure is a charming small game which made two non-gamer friends of mine fell in love with the series. Zelda Quest is good too.

So, can anyone suggest any other Wii U (or Wii) games like Nintendoland? We tried Mario 3D World but it was too much chaotic. Wii Party U, on the other hand, was BORING. Maybe I should tried to get an used copy of Wii Sports Resort?

Top Bottom