• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you regret buying?

I should've kept using my Oneplus One instead of paying nearly $1,000 for an iPhone 6S+ 64GB. I upgraded phones because I wanted a better battery and camera. I should've bought a dedicated camera instead.

I am tempted to get an Oneplus 5T, though I plan on using my iPhone 6S+ for one more year since I invested nealy $1,000 on it. Battery holds 2/3 of its charge. I'll wait next year for Oneplus 6T.

I also regretted buying a PS3 Launch, a few months after it came out. There goes $650. It died a few years ago.

SpartanN92

Banned
Every handheld game console I’ve bought in the last 10 years.

I think I’ve bought and then quickly resold a 3DS like 4 times.
Vita was a waste too.

Turok for GameBoy. I spent 70 Deutsche Mark on it, which was a huge sum for a child back then. Got home, started playing, and was stuck about 2-3 screens in. Couldn't find out how to get past a certain spot. This was before the internet and gamefaqs.

Worst day in my life.

gfxtwin

some clothes on amazon.

A turntable and small vinyl collection.

PS4 instead of waiting for a Pro.

Alienware Alpha.

Ubername

Banned
MacBook 12"

Yes its compact and cute but the thing won't play ANY games.

What are you trying to play on a macbook? Try something from a decade ago and you'll be fine, I used to play CoD4 deathmatch on my MBP all the time and it ran like butter. And yes games from a decade ago are still cool/fun esp. on a cute little computer like a MacBook.

Senua

My PS4 kinda, the only game I've genuinely loved is Bloodborne.

Horizon was ok, Uncharted 4 was dull as dish water and GT sport was a total misfire.

I hope it was still worth getting for TLOU2 though.

MacBook 12"

Yes its compact and cute but the thing won't play ANY games.

I disagree. My 2015 rMB 12" plays StarCraft II quite well. I also play older games on it like Morrowind, Dungeon Siege, Fallout 1 & 2. I wouldn't try anything real heavy on it though, that's why I have a Switch.

Triteon

So many goddamned things.

Prints I don't have room to put up, any collectors edition game that comes with a plastic statue, a bunch of books i'll likely never read, PS4 Pro because all the games I give a shit about don't seem to use it for anything.

Sometimes I think buying my house was a mistake as well.

taizuke

The Xbox 360 HD DVD player at the full retail price only to see it drop to $50 months later when Blue-ray won.

Dynomutt

A college education. Overrated as fuck in many aspects. Ironically college is like a big ass post dated check and the funds are not guaranteed.

Namikaze

I regret everything.

-buying a brand new car when I didn’t need to
-buying an iPhone X when I didn’t need to
-all my gaming consoles/games (could’ve invested in some stocks etc)
-buying a new tv when I didn’t have to for 4k HDR

Senua

I regret everything.

-buying a brand new car when I didn’t need to
-buying an iPhone X when I didn’t need to
-all my gaming consoles/games (could’ve invested in some stocks etc)
-buying a new tv when I didn’t have to for 4k HDR

Jesus Christ.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So many goddamned things.

Prints I don't have room to put up, any collectors edition game that comes with a plastic statue, a bunch of books i'll likely never read, PS4 Pro because all the games I give a shit about don't seem to use it for anything.

Sometimes I think buying my house was a mistake as well.

I misread this as "pants I don't have room to pull up", twice.
Just thought I'd share that.

black_13

Banned
I spent way too much money on my first real car upgrading it. It was hella fun to drive but probably should've spent less. Although if I had bought a new car I would've lost even more money so I don't regret that as much.

Namikaze

Why a new car? Why not a 2e hand car

I justified it by saying "I want a car that hasn't been messed with & I know the history of, I'll keep if for 10 years anyways" but yeah, still a waste of money. Much better to buy a car that is around 3 y/o that the previous owner(s) ate the depreciation on, get it inspected, and then buy. What made it worse is that my previous car was just fine, it needed a bit more power but it never got me in any trouble etc. it's still running today.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Я уверен, что Вы не правы.

Вам нравятся фильмы о гладиаторах?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
A damn HDTV a couple of years ago.. While it was top of the line then I would have rather spent the money on another set today lol.. Of course that's the way it is with tech. But with HDR and 4k stuff is on an other level now.. 3 years and change ago 3D crap was the buzz.

Oni Jazar

My house. It's an ok house but I bought it the year before the housing bubble burst. If I waited 12 months prices would have dropped 100k.

A lot of people saying games and consoles, I dodged a bullet by waiting it out and see if the fuss really was worth it on some hyped up titles.

lifa-cobex

I bought a 50" 4K tv about two years back. Completely regret it.
It's far too big for the size of my home.
Every time I come home from work, It's the first thing I notice and get a tinge of regret every time.

Also trying to move home with the fucker is a nightmare.

Marvel

could never
PS Pro.., lukewarm support right from the start, loud and ugly. My Xbox X on the other hand is a dream, love it.

RootCause

Amiibo, really regret spending money on those things.
I don't know how to get rid of it. And Blubray films, rarely watch anything twice. :/

Well i guess there's alot of things. Such as concert tickets i have not been able to use for whatever reason and not been able to sell em. So that's money just *poff*

Fbh

Ps4 pro.

Wasn't as big of an upgrade as I was expecting. Seems like most games just get a basic bump to 1440p and some slight graphical improvements. For some that might be enough but I often have trouble seeing the difference even though I own a decent 4K TV. Games like horizon give you the chance to swap between a "resolution" mode and a "performance mode" and the only difference I see is that some buildings far in the distance have less or no jaggies. It's also bigger and louder.

Now I see the Xb1X and I wish Sony had also waited a year and released something like that. Seems like a considerable upgrade as opposed to the half assed thing Sony made.

But I got it with a gift card I got from work, I'm too lazy to sell it and buy a regular again and I won't be getting an Xb1X since I still vastly prefer the Sony exclusives (one of the big reasons I play on Ps4) and most of my friends are on PSN...so I'll just stick with it

golfham

Xbox One S.

I paid like $150 for it, too, but it's just a POS. The controller is wonky and the OS is an utter travesty. Everything about it, other than the look of the console, is unprecedentedly disastrous in my opinion--and Halo 5 was such a shock to play as a fan of the first 3.

Top Bottom