• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

cory64

7Jd5jjm.png

Premiere is a 2-hour episode on June 28th + a 1 hour episode on June 29th. *We are going back to marking spoilers for the live feeds.*

Cast interviews
House tour
Cast bios

vkkmAYY.png

AWJRsQW.png

VUlvrNw.png

yiQrPov.png

8tFM1Kk.jpg

pCspzEt.jpg

GuKOEsK.jpg

friendship_paulie.gif

Fingers crossed we get someone as memorable as Paul this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Somehow, Victor will still find a way to battle his way back into this season's house.

Going based exclusively on ages and pictures (which is always how you want to judge someone):

- Kevin is going home Day 1
- Matthew will be out of his mind and will likely be removed by producers by Day 30
- Mark won't know how to count
- Raven's gonna be intolerable
- Jason and Ramses become unexpected best friends
- Christmas is good at competitions, talks a lot about being good at competitions, is hated by everyone

Pre-entry faves based on interviews: Cam and Jason are my main boys, Mark the hot side piece, and Dominique is my girl pick.

I saw some negativity towards the cast in the other thread, but honestly they seem pretty diverse. It's nice to see some older people thrown in the mix, rather than a bunch of young recruits. I think this cast has a lot of potential.

"Temptation" being a part of the twists this year sounds interesting, too. I expect a lot of drama will materialize from it.

NYR

Fuck unmarked spoilers, these threads die because of them. Last years thread only had 51 pages compared to 222 pages for Season 15 when we used spoiler tags.

I avoid this thread because of spoilers, it does not hurt to have spoiler tags but you do lose out on people when you DON'T use them, so why be exclusive when you can be inclusive.

lenovox1

Fuck unmarked spoilers, these threads die because of them. Last years thread only had 51 pages compared to 222 pages for Season 15 when we used spoiler tags.

I avoid this thread because of spoilers, it does not hurt to have spoiler tags but you do lose out on people when you DON'T use them, so why be exclusive when you can be inclusive.

I agree to an extent, but it ends up stifling discussion of the live feed. The only real solution is to have a separate live feed thread.

Has that been tried?

Going based exclusively on ages and pictures (which is always how you want to judge someone):

- Jason and Ramses become unexpected best friends

Jason is super flamboyant and outgoing, so it won't be unexpected if they become girlfrans.

Other than that, it's like you cast the show or wrote the scripts.

NYR

I agree to an extent, but it ends up stifling discussion of the live feed. The only real solution is to have a separate live feed thread.

Has that been tried?

The community isn't large enough to support two threads.

I use the Reddit example - they are the largest BB community on the internet and use spoiler tags. It doesn't seem to slow down things there. It would be so easy to simply spoiler tag an entire live feed post by starting the post with:

Live Feed:
terererggadvadfgfdgfdg

If we use spoiler tags, there needs to be an easy outline of what does and doesn't need to be marked. Noms and Veto are givens, but what about alliance formations and fallouts? or plans to evict a certain HG before the live show? Can we openly discuss conversations that may affect the game in the long run, or does everything about the feeds need to be marked? Having to mark everything would be kind of annoying, honestly.

lenovox1

The community isn't large enough to support two threads.

I use the Reddit example - they are the largest BB community on the internet and use spoiler tags. It doesn't seem to slow down things there. It would be so easy to simply spoiler tag an entire live feed post by starting the post with:

Live Feed:
terererggadvadfgfdgfdg

Reddit's layout is entirely different. NeoGaf is completely chronological and doesn't work in the use of spoiler tags for ongoing series very well.

And I think it's a fair argument that a thread that had over 200 pages has a community that can support two separate threads.

NYR

Reddit's layout is entirely different. NeoGaf is completely chronological and doesn't work in the use of spoiler tags for ongoing series very well.

And I think it's a fair argument that a thread that had over 200 pages has a community that can support two separate threads.
Then you get two 100 page threads and a fragmented community who post in two threads on Thursday live episodes. Not a fan, respectively.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Has that been tried?
I'm for this if we can't have 1 thread with unmarked spoilers. Seeing page after page of blacked out text and having to hold back on posting gifs when shit goes down in the house is lame.

NYR

I'm for this if we can't have 1 thread with unmarked spoilers. Seeing page after page of blacked out text and having to hold back on posting gifs when shit goes down in the house is lame.
Nothing stops you from posting reaction gifs since what you're responding to is spoiler tagged. I have no issues with gif responses.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nothing stops you from posting reaction gifs since what you're responding to is spoiler tagged. I have no issues with gif responses.
No I mean spoiler gifs of stuff that's happened on the live feed but hasn't aired.

UberTag

Consider me pro-untagged live feed spoilers. Frankly, anyone watching the show on its own without watching the live feeds is missing out on the pure Big Brother experience. The show on its own is largely trash. Anything that discourages people from relying solely on the CBS edit and seeking out the feed experience for themselves should be encouraged.

We did employ spoiler tags in the BB Canada thread (it will be missed) but that was solely for taping results as the eviction shows were taped in advance instead of airing live.

llehuty

Consider me pro-untagged live feed spoilers. Frankly, anyone watching the show on its own without watching the live feeds is missing out on the pure Big Brother experience. The show on its own is largely trash. Anything that discourages people from relying solely on the CBS edit and seeking out the feed experience for themselves should be encouraged.

We did employ spoiler tags in the BB Canada thread (it will be missed) but that was solely for taping results as the eviction shows were taped in advance instead of airing live.

I think people should enjoy the show as they please? Also, for some people is not like we have a choice; if you are from outside of the US, you are screwed.

I think people should enjoy the show as they please? Also, for some people is not like we have a choice; if you are from outside of the US, you are screwed.

Yeah. The fact that folks outside of the US can't easily watch the live feeds makes me think we should tag anything until/unless it is revealed in the broadcast.

That being said, if you all decide to go in a different direction, that's OK, too. I"m happy to just not use this thread.

TheYanger

Why are people so against spoiler tags? Is it that hard ot spoiler shit? (Hint: it's not). Just spoiler stuff that hasn't aired on the show yet (Or if it doesn't air but was during the timeframe that aired already). Like, why be non-inclusive of people who choose not to live and breathe the show? It's literally putting forth the TINIEST bit of effort in order to get more people to actually use the thread, instead of just shunning anyone that doesn't consume the game the same way as a lot of us do.

kirblar

Why are people so against spoiler tags? Is it that hard ot spoiler shit? (Hint: it's not). Just spoiler stuff that hasn't aired on the show yet (Or if it doesn't air but was during the timeframe that aired already). Like, why be non-inclusive of people who choose not to live and breathe the show? It's literally putting forth the TINIEST bit of effort in order to get more people to actually use the thread, instead of just shunning anyone that doesn't consume the game the same way as a lot of us do.
Because the US BB TV show is a disingenous nightmare of a program that covers up a lot of the manipulative BS that goes on w/ this show.

Yeah. The fact that folks outside of the US can't easily watch the live feeds makes me think we should tag anything until/unless it is revealed in the broadcast.

That being said, if you all decide to go in a different direction, that's OK, too. I"m happy to just not use this thread.
If we didn't use spoiler tags, you could still join the discussion when episodes air. No one will be talking about the feeds then.

(I realize this doesn't apply to anyone watching episodes after they air)

xaosslug

where are the hot houseguests this year????????????????

i suspect that a few of the HG's are ringers or when they're evicted a couple of past HG's will replace them... I wouldn't be surprised if we had a double eviction first week, and 2 past HG's enter the house (somehow) the following week... IDK if they'll be hot or not, tho.

UberTag

Incidentally, I made that recommendation despite being outside of the US myself. Anyone that wants to watch live feeds from outside of the States can (and will) typically jump through the necessary hoops to seek them out... be it through VPN IP masking, watching highlight clips via one of the many BB blog sites or some more nefarious/not as legitimate method (which I don't advocate).

So I wasn't being insensitive to international audiences when making that suggestion... as I'm included in those affected. In a perfect world, CBS would allow folks from outside of the US to pay for the live streams directly without said shenanigans as they once did a few years back. It's still the best way to experience the show.

cory64

Seeing more of the cast, I think this will play out like 18 would have without the vets. So it will probably be better than 16 and 18, but not exactly the return to form we want.

DonShula

Haven't seen the interviews so I may already be proven wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Raven turns out to be normal and Jillian is he annoying one.

Also Josh looks familiar. Maybe he just has that kind of face.

llehuty

Fucking Jeff said:
"Would you rather fight a giant mosquito one time and get your ass whipped by or would you like the relationship that you have and never get bit again or you like the relationship that you have with mosquitos right now?"
Link

Like... what? I'm dying.

I remember getting a shit ton of hate when I made the no spoiler rules a few OT's back. Never understood the big issue because it seemed like the only people that cared only ever posted on show days anyways.

llehuty

I remember getting a shit ton of hate when I made the no spoiler rules a few OT's back. Never understood the big issue because it seemed like the only people that cared only ever posted on show days anyways.

Well, if you don't watch the feeds, there is no point on commenting in the thread outside of show days. The only thing is tuning in the thread to watch, I don't know, the Power of Veto and see someone mentioning the winner in the most recent post.

Since I'm not in the US, my thread strategy is:

1. Thread black out until Wednesday, avoiding the temptation of clicking on the thread every time it's bumped.
2. Watch Wednesday episode on Thursday
3. Try to catch up with the last week of the thread before the live eviction
4. Watch the live eviction episode (either live or the day after)
5. Suffer the temptation of clicking on the thread, with fresh new posts, to discuss the elimination, but catious about having spoilers alread (HOH, nominations, etc).
6. Back to #1

I would like to comment the nomination episode and POV but it's quite likely I'll bump into a spoiler if they are untagged.

So there's a rumor going around that Your Boy Paul is in sequester right now...
Hopefully he just got a new phone or something. That chest tattoo is so ugly, and his DRs are annoying.

BB18 has like, the most forgettable cast. If they're going to bring someone back, don't be someone from that season.

Top Bottom