• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Pre-order Thread - iPhone 8, 8+, Watch Series 3, AppleTV 4K

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow iup took like 10 seconds.

Done in 10 seconds insanity.

Also t-mobile doesnt require in store any more. So goooood!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That was painless. 64gb space grey 8 for pickup at Covent Garden next Friday at 8am

If I find a really cheap 5s/6/6s before it’s out, I may cancel. During the 14 day return period I may also do the same. I may love it, but it’ll probably just feel like my previous 6s.

Plan is still to get an X

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
T-Mobile was up and their site was working just fine, which is the first time I've seen that happen!

I was almost tempted to the pull the trigger on an iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB Space Gray just because it was available for launch day, but I cancelled out. Don't really feel any strong desire to upgrade from the 7 Plus.

Upgrade to 8+ done. And since I'm going down in storage capacity, my monthly IUP cost is cheaper than with my 7+. Helps offset the upfront cost, and gets me a nice upgrade till next year.

Juice

Well, that was pretty painless. As usual, iPhone Apple Store app worked best. Interestingly, iOS 11 doesn't force-quit shit when you swip up from the card view, I learned.

$2500 in damage later, snagged an 8+ & 38mm cellular watch for my wife, and an 8 & 38mm cellular watch for myself. Then I realized I forgot the Apple TV 4K so added that too.

Easy come easy go.

Vuze

Oh, missed there was a dedicated thread. Yeah, got my 8 Plus Space Gray for Friday delivery and picked up the ATV 4K from a authorized Apple reseller with 20€ off

Cant' wait :)

Lol EE (UK)

Apple Watch LTE £25 per month for two years. That's £600. Crazy.
Holy shit, are they high?

Juice

None of the iPhone 8 or 8+ dates are slipping yet (SIM-Free). That's got to be a record to have them all hold for 10 minutes.

Edit: nevermind Space Gray 8+ started slipping to 9/25-10/2

Still can't get to checkout with a Plus on Verizon. I can with a normal 8 but the page for the Plus just keeps loading for me. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

Edit: Ended up getting it work through the app. :)

That was painless. 64gb space grey 8 for pickup at Covent Garden next Friday at 8am

If I find a really cheap 5s/6/6s before it’s out, I may cancel. During the 14 day return period I may also do the same. I may love it, but it’ll probably just feel like my previous 6s.

Plan is still to get an X
Hmm, I did shipping. Wonder if I should have done store pickup

NYR

Done.

Apple Watch Series 3 Space Black for in store pick up next Friday.

Apple TV 4K was not available for in store pickup or delivery on Friday, so have to wait until Monday. I also couldn't get into the EPP store so I ended up paying retail, the discount was only $5, so not the end of the world.

I also used the app, it was up first, at least 3-4 minutes before the web.

Juice

Hopefully it will be this easy with the X

It'll be this easy, the delivery dates will just be spinning faster than an old timey hit counter.

---

By the way, it took nearly 10 minutes for the web site to go live. I used to think this was because WebObjects took fucking forever to start up, but I'm more inclined to believe this is intentional because Apple knows the app and its lightweight API is way more scalable than the asset-heavy web app

dorn.

42mm gold Series 3 ordered, should arrive September 22nd. Sucks they only configure the gold one with a pink band now, blue looked so much better.

Vuze

Wow, didn't expect the 8 Plus SG 256GB to have already gone to 1-2 weeks. The model is only 70 bucks less than the X base model over here.

Fuck. The Edition has already slipped to early October and I can’t get an order in until tomorrow morning.

Who the fuck is crazy enough to buy a ceramic watch?? Aside from me of course

Top Bottom