• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
tumblr_lsdd6qRrrM1qlrey0o1_500.gif

This Robyn?

bbwives-reun-evmadhairflip.gif

Majmun

What's with all the Rihanna hate

EdwEz.gif

As much as I dislike how she releases a new album each week, I still can't wait for her next album to drop. I'm sure the next album will be better than TTT mess.

Koodo

Banned
Despite engaging in desperate tactics to break the VEVO record...

DJUKS.png

Repeat link, LOL.

... Rihanus already got her wig SMASHED by the Bieber's latest.

VEVO: Final count coming in a couple of days, but it'll well over 5 Million. #BoyfriendBrokeTheRecord. Already. @JustinBieber swag.

Paralleling her struggling career, BATTLESHIP has all but evaporated out of the world's consciousness with the arrival of the AVENGERS (the doomed battle ship had already gotten its wig snatched by the actual iconic and acclaimed shipwreck movie TITANIC 3D prior to the superhero KNOCKOUT).

A mess across multiple mediums.

Icicle

Wow, I leave GAF for a day and come back to another Xtina stan!

Between Botty, myself, Kyon, Vect (I think), and Xtina Stan High Priestess Cynosure, we've got us a little Xtina posse growin' all up in herre...

When a Golden opportunity like this presents itself, I think you are pretty much obligated to make this happen.

Yukiko said:
n7cbi.jpg
Our enemy is down! We must strike!
j1lyw.gif

Koodo

Banned
To FEBREZE the stench of failure that has permeated the last couple of pages, now is the perfect time to announce ADELE turns 24 today!

Another year of life, another year of misery for your faves. Let's recap:
  • Over 21 million copies sold of 21
  • Three #1 singles, including the most successful single of 2011 and the highest selling digital single in history Rolling In The Deep
  • A smashing fourth single without a second of promotion
  • Imminent diamond certification in the US for 21
  • Record amount of Grammys won in a night for a female, without daddy's help
  • Et cetera, your faves were slain

iCmNIedetWsxV.gif

ADELE has stated her next album will likely arrive in 2 years. HOWEVER, she will have a new song out by year's end. Rumor Has It this will be the theme for 007: Skyfall, which is looking like an immaculate movie that will be made all the more perfect by the musical addition of ADELE. Misery will continue raining down on your faves for the remainder of the year.

Majmun

Yes, can't hate on Adele.

Can't wait for her new album. I still listen to 21 from time to time.

Her debut album is amazing too. Daydreamer <3

DMeisterJ

Banned
To FEBREZE the stench of failure that has permeated the last couple of pages, now is the perfect time to announce ADELE turns 24 today!

Another year of life, another year of misery for your faves. Let's recap:
  • Over 21 million copies sold of 21
  • Three #1 singles, including the most successful single of 2011 and the highest selling digital single in history Rolling In The Deep
  • A smashing fourth single without a second of promotion
  • Imminent diamond certification in the US for 21
  • Record amount of Grammys won in a night for a female, without daddy's help
  • Et cetera, your faves were slain

http://i.minus.com/iCmNIedetWsxV.gif[img]

ADELE has stated her next album will likely arrive in 2 years. HOWEVER, she will have a new song out by year's end. Rumor Has It this will be the theme for 007: Skyfall, which is looking like an immaculate movie that will be made all the more perfect by the musical addition of ADELE. Misery will continue raining down on your faves for the remainder of the year.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ec20fb7f.gif

Anyone in here a fan of Kylie?

Pretty much everyone loves Kylie in here so feel free to stan for our Southernmost Goddess.

tumblr_lr9qzwUjss1qggfapo1_500.gif

ADELE has stated her next album will likely arrive in 2 years. HOWEVER, she will have a new song out by year's end. Rumor Has It this will be the theme for 007: Skyfall, which is looking like an immaculate movie that will be made all the more perfect by the musical addition of ADELE. Misery will continue raining down on your faves for the remainder of the year.

I hear her song is appropriately named Cowfall.

2e1dksn.gif

I'm actually intrigued. I think she's perfect for a grandiose number such as this.

Nemesis_

Oh..

I'm sorry then >_>, clearly I know nothing about countries of origin.

lol, it's okay.

Robyn is from Sweden as far as I can tell. Unsure if she originated elsewhere but I am fairly certain that's where she's from.

Kylie is from the LAND OF KOODO'S SPIDERS (my and Pho's home), Australia. She moved to Britain at some point so maybe that's where the confusion arose from.

U85bX.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm glad I missed the SNL performance of Rihstitute, singing Birthday Cake on Chris Brown's birthday and touching her vagina like she has a fresh yeast infection

D I S G U S T I N G

Mau ®

I'm glad I missed the SNL performance of Rihstitute, singing Birthday Cake on Chris Brown's birthday and touching her vagina like she has a fresh yeast infection

D I S G U S T I N G

Pressed as usual, but it's Mariana we're talking about here.

pressed.gif

She fucking slayed the WHYB performance, Im not even joking, it was great. The BC/TTT medley was odd because of that echo effect.

oh and

RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 33.801 (+ 3.047)

You can go shave your back now.

iw3UPNWP9je3g.gif

Majmun

It was a great performance. Id's say Ri is the best pop performer after Lady Gaga and Bee when it comes to doing dancing and singing together.

Still can't top Bee, though. No one can.

T5iuW.gif

Mau ®

I can see the LITTLE CUTTERS are self-harming more than usual today

tumblr_lhl99cm8Zz1qewmu6o1_500.gif

The RIHANNA REIGN tends to do that to the PRESSED.

It was a great performance. Id's say Ri is the best pop performer after Lady Gaga and Bee when it comes to doing dancing and singing together.

Still can't top Bee, though. No one can.

T5iuW.gif

That should sound like a compliment but it isn't really. Beyonce and (most of the time) Gaga are the only ones right now who can pull that off without a cacophonous backing track blaring over their vocals to drown out the breathing and pitchiness. Katy Perry and Rihanna are in the same field. They'll have interesting ideas for performances but their vocals are really damn bad. Almost as bad as Fergie or Shakira, but not quite.

Beyonce's the only one who manages to upstage everyone else on choreography and simultaneously outsing the goddamn studio version. She's frankly unreal tbh

Majmun

That should sound like a compliment but it isn't really. Beyonce and (most of the time) Gaga are the only ones right now who can pull that off without a cacophonous backing track blaring over their vocals to drown out the breathing and pitchiness. Katy Perry and Rihanna are in the same field. They'll have interesting ideas for performances but their vocals are really damn bad. Almost as bad as Fergie or Shakira, but not quite.

Beyonce's the only one who manages to upstage everyone else on choreography and simultaneously outsing the goddamn studio version. She's frankly unreal tbh

Yes, the woman is an outstanding performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FxZZj5S0uQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOT1FfZ_OIs

Lol at 4:00. Redhead Rihanna on the lower left thinking "Shit, I wish I could do that"

Koodo

Banned
Entertainment Weekly plucks every follicle out of Rihfund's battered scalp:

EW said:
Ah, and then came Rihanna. Singing “Birthday Cake/Talk That Talk” in front of a giant spider web, the pop star delivered one of SNL‘s weirdest performances in a long while, falling somewhere between Lana Del Rey’s narcoleptic gyrations and Ashlee Simpson’s infamous JigGate of 2004. 90% of the performance was a pre-recorded vocal track and Rihanna patting her privates, and the other 10% was Rihanna muttering something and singing the occasional “ooh.” Her second song “Where Have You Been?” featured another transformed stage that held chaise lounges, giant curtains and veiled dancers (whom I’m sure offended someone, somewhere).
UuP15.gif

And apparently the irresponsible mess angered the SNL producers (translation: never coming back).

Where Has The Decency Been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom