• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

Sure, if you don't want s1 and s2 characters (aka 12 characters) for 20 bucks more?

Do you really want to pay for overpriced season passes or grind fight money for 12 characters

Not the season pass characters. You would have to buy/earn them.

You could.

But you won't be getting two seasons worth of characters.

This includes the first 12 DLC characters from S1 & S2, so you'll be able to stock-pile Fight Money for Seasons 3-5 if you just wait for AE.

If you aren't earning a bunch of fight money and want all the characters that's a lot of money.

Ok, I'm casually interested in the game but really haven't been following it that much. Thanks for the clarifications....

Cleve

didn't they say they wouldn't be releasing new versions of the game? or has that plan just gone by the wayside

They said they'd never sell separate editions, that original purchasers would have access to everything. That's the case.

Vice

The original is basically $20 at this point. Wouldn't it be better just to get that since all the updates are coming free for existing owners anyway?

You'' save a bit of money on characters with the Arcade Edition. Season ones character pass is $20 (down from $30 last year) and Season 2's is $30.

BigEmil

In SFV if you bought Characters Season Pass DLC it is locked to only your account, anyone else account on your PS4/PC can't access that DLC they have to buy the DLC again

Likely this Arcade edition both characters season passes is available to play on all accounts?

Lulubop

Wonder about the other gameplay changes.

Also when exactly are they gonna show Zeku? When is there comiccon thing?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Geeze, Capcom keeps tossing out info these past few days. Putting form to rumors in a few hours of time.

Looks pretty awesome. What's this "looks like tekken" stuff with that teaser intro? If anything, it looks like they've gotten smart at using slightly modified In-game assets to create cinematics.

That's a great idea, overall. Actually, that reminds me of Soul Calibur much more than Tekken. If this is the way they decide to tell character stories and arcade mode tales going forward, that'd be excellent.

Including the DLC for $40 is a great value proposition, also on top of the idea that we're getting more, much more interesting ways to earn fight money.

So it's taken 2+ years for SFV to reach a spot where it would have felt like a fantastic product on release, eh? In a way... I don't mind that? Even with crazy DLC prices, and buying stuff as it came out... I still feel like I'm spending less money than I did on SNES carts back in the day, and those who buy this new $40 edition are spending WAY, WAY less than we ever did on a Hyper Fighting or Champ Edition upgrade.

Subaru

UI01.jpg

arcade01.jpg

For those who have good eyes: is Ryu at the EXACT position?

I mean it, I was hoping that Capcom would replace the character models for static images (for loading purposes).

Old UI is really more stylish, but I accept any modification for better loading times.

HardRojo

I SAID GODDAMN! Holy shit what a great kind of news to wake up to! I might just buy the new disc even though I already got the OG version and the season 1 characters. The new stuff looks great! Good job Capcom! Keep it up!

Yudoken

give it to me gaf, is sf5 a good game now or what.

We'll, it has issues but overall it's a enjoyable game if you play online or offline vs.

I personally would get the new version, you have a bunch of new stuff to do offline, have a bunch of characters and can unlock S3 characters with FM and more.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why does that one screenshot have a bunch of different games on it?

I'm confused

VariantX

The original is basically $20 at this point. Wouldn't it be better just to get that since all the updates are coming free for existing owners anyway?

No. Because you will only get the base roster of 16 characters.

Buying this for 40 in January means you get a 28 character roster to start.

All of the new modes and system mechanics updates are free for everyone.

with 28 characters you have access to a shit ton of FM from just leveling them up, completing trials and demonstrations. And thats not even considering what new sources of FM have from the new modes incoming. You could buy music, stages, costumes, and future characters with that for free instead of real money if you wish.

cackhyena

not a fan of the new character select screen or the new in game HUD.

Gold life bar when at full health.. eh. Hope there's an option to keep it the same

Gold is for when you get a perfect. They took the scene's lingo and incorporated it visually. Get peed on.

Time to buy...the original off Amazon for £13 and get shit fo' free-99!

Edit: Maybe not! Still, (presumably) £32.99 isn't too bad!

Why does that one screenshot have a bunch of different games on it?

I'm confused

The arcade mode has a number of different 'arcade ladders' - so on the SF2 ladder you'll battle SF2 characters, on the SF4 one you'll fight folk from that game, etc. One thing I'm very curious about is if they'll dig out any of the story NPC opponents for that mode. You could slip Depacre and Abel into SF4's ladder, and Juni and Juli into Alpha's....

In SFV if you bought Characters Season Pass DLC it is locked to only your account, anyone else account on your PS4/PC can't access that DLC they have to buy the DLC again

Likely this Arcade edition both characters season passes is available to play on all accounts?
Assuming the season pass characters aren't on a code with the retail release and are all on the disc unlocked, then that should be okay for all accounts

Not sure about the download version though.

jett

D-Member
UI01.jpg

arcade01.jpg

For those who have good eyes: is Ryu at the EXACT position?

I mean it, I was hoping that Capcom would replace the character models for static images (for loading purposes).

Old UI is really more stylish, but I accept any modification for better loading times.

Characters loading in the CSS is done pretty quickly, so I don't know why it would matter.

was it posted?
https://youtu.be/YhBUZ2TJ26o

Edit: not sure about DLC characters code! I'm currently a SFV player, so I will not able to redeem via DLC the S1 and S2 fighters?

Are we beyond reading the first line in the OP? :p

And you can still earn fight money to unlock characters with, or buy season passes if you want.

Jawmuncher

Will the extra stages be included ?

Only thing we seem to be unsure of.
They haven't said they aren't but there's still a good chance they won't be.
Since i'd think they'd have listed it as a selling point.

But they did say more info is coming so who knows.
I'd figure that at minimum it'd include all stages that are tied to character's like Abigails.

Qvoth

hmm, i wonder if ryu's 2nd trigger is satsui mode
that'd be dope, would be nice to see daigo return to ryu as well

Top Bottom