• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over My Dead Body 2 (Vita) Debut Screenshots - it's kind of beautiful

Takao

Banned
oreshika2_021_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_014_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_013_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_015_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_016_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_012_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_011_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_010_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_009_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_008_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_007_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_006_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_005_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_004_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_003_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_024_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_023_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_018_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_020_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_019_cs1w1_720x.jpg

oreshika2_022_cs1w1_720x.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/709/709481/

11.jpg

09.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

07.jpg

14.jpg

08.jpg

15.jpg

10.jpg

Developed by Alfa System, published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Release is set for next year.

since the premise of the game span generations of character trying to beat demon, are all the character pretty much randomly generated character? no important named main character or something like that in the story?

Remk

SCEA please do the right thing and localize it!

Eh... who am I kidding no way they would do it, maybe Xseed?

since the premise of the game span generations of character trying to beat demon, are all the character pretty much randomly generated character? no important named main character or something like that in the story?

The original was like that, yeah. The character portraits had randomly assigned skin/hair/eye color and the only characterization they received were their dying words.

It seems like 4gamer received another set of screens

116ss7.jpg

25es12.jpg

349sbx.jpg

4chs07.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014077/20130910064/

HOT.

edit: Not super thrilled that the assistant character is a moe moe foxgirl.

B.O.O.M

Looks god damn beautiful. I hope Yoshida saying he wants this localized is a sign that it will. Very interesting premise, gameplay and gorgeous art style to boot

randomkid

Liking those 4gamer shots. Still not a fan of the look of the characters, but I had the same issue with the PSX and PSP versions. Would buy if localized.

The original was like that, yeah. The character portraits had randomly assigned skin/hair/eye color and the only characterization they received were their dying words.

HOT.

yea this game look really good, but also look like it's way too hardcore for me. I prefer jrpg with story and characters, even SMT4 that is also a very hardcore rpg where you built your own demon party has some story that I can follow.

ReaperXL7

YOSP better bring this shit to the US. I know he wants to, but he had better follow through with it. If he does not I will give him a solid twitter thrasing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
YOSP better bring this shit to the US. I know he wants to, but he had better follow through with it. If he does not I will give him a solid twitter thrasing.

he got plenty of time to bring the remake to the west but he didn't, getting the sequel without the original don't seems that much likely to me.

randomkid

some are a bit too dead-eyed for my taste, but i suppose that's how it goes with 3d animes.

yeah i'm just pleased that the monsters clearly had all the attention paid to them as usual, can't wait to see what they look like in motion.

also three year belated thank you for the talking time thread that introduced me to this franchise! Been pining to play one of these for years now haha.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow, they're making a sequel to this. BudokaiMR2 has been singing the PSP game's praises for some time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Am I the only one who liked the goals of this style more than the UniArt engine games (minus maybe Rayman)?

I'm glad it looks similar to the Intro animation; I'd love to see a next-gen game that looks JUST like that animation.

This here looks quite charming, though; hope it looks just as good in motion! We REALLY need this in English...

he got plenty of time to bring the remake to the west but he didn't, getting the sequel without the original don't seems that much likely to me.

That was also released really late in the PSP's life cycle, especially for the west. It's not too surprising that nothing happened with it in terms of localization. He's already said that he wants this to be released here. Throw in the fact that Shahid was looking for JRPG suggestions earlier this year and Sony once again saw JRPG interest during the recent third party team announcement, i'd say that there's a good chance of this coming over. Certainly a much better chance than the original ever had.

Labrys

Holy crap, this game is gorgeous looking. The art style is eye candy to the 10th degree...

Of course, we won't be getting it in the west. I'd import if I knew more about the series, and more Japanese, since this is obviously text heavy and stuff.

famfrit

Just to clarify. Do you think okami's art style is unique to it?

Okay, i understand that okami is inspired be japanese classical way of drawing/painting things, but okami is the first game that i know to translate this draw/paint style into a game.

At least Okami is the most famous game with this type of art direction, i think.

Top Bottom