• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massively Multiplayer Bomberman

Jesus Christ its a madhouse in here:

Hahaha, I haven't seen anything near that crazy yet. The blocks regenerate quite a bit so there's usually cover to be found. Love running past a few dudes engaged in battling one another, dropping tons of high explosive bombs behind me.

End of round is the best with the map becoming a bunch of platforms. Last man standing!

Jamie OD

Kind of makes me mad we never got an official Bomerman game that could handle this many players this generation. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. This is fun.

Hoodbury

Says all the servers are close. Might just be since I'm on my work computer? Sounds like you guys are playing no problem right now?

Kyoufu

For me it seems that I can get into the server if I open the site with an incognito window in Chrome. Otherwise it doesn't work.

chiablo

Says all the servers are close. Might just be since I'm on my work computer? Sounds like you guys are playing no problem right now?

With the coverage on RPS, their servers are slammed, so there's a good second delay in doing anything.

"Playing" is more accurate.

Boerseun

Banned
It doesn't work in Internet Explorer for me. I just get a blank page.

It works in Firefox though. At least, it loads up the start screen where you enter your name. I'm looking forward to testing it out a little bit later.

OP, thanks for the info!

Cbajd5

Speaking of fuses...

What's up with that pickup that makes your bombs not explode? It's weird and annoying as hell.

The remote detonator bombs? Press CTRL to detonate them when you want.

ALSO I WAS DOING SO WELL AND THEN I GOT RANDOMLY DISCONNECTED.

I COULD DROP 20 BOMBS AT A TIME AND EVERYTHING.

This is great.

robot

What does the heart do? Don't see it in the help page.

Wish there was a way to stop a bomb after u kick. Also the pacmen are really creepy.

Sanic

Yeah, once you get to like 10 bomb drops at a time, things get ridiculous. That, combined with extra speed make you unstoppable.

keit4

Banned
Not bad:
H0m5eoN.jpg

Here is the power-up information and such. Might want to just add it to OP. Its not all of it from the FAQ but just most of the interesting bits. I want to see that Nyanuclear Bomb.

Bonuses

The number of bonuses can be found by destroying blocks, containers and other players.

icon01.png
Bomb — +1 to the total amount. Maximum is 20.

icon02.png
Fire — +1 to the range of explosion. Maximum is 8.

icon03.png
Rollerblades — +1 to speed. Maximum is 4.

icon04.png
Kick — permanent bonus gives an ability to move any bombs.

icon06.png
Gift — random bonus.

icon05.png
Jelly — your bombs are able to bounce off the walls.

icon07.png
Exploder — provides you with a limited quantity of radio controlled bombs. Please, press CTRL or L.

icon08.png
Shield — helps you survive after 1 explosion. Maximum is 1.

icon09.png
Nuclear explosive — turns you into a walking nuclear bomb.

icon16.png
Blue fire — gives you an ability to place additional powerful bomb with the range of explosion 9 and block's damage 3. Maximum is 3.

icon17.png
Bat — allows you to throw a bomb while you are not moving. The second bat increases the power of throwing by one cell. Please, press CTRL or L.

icon20.png
Resources — different types of resources increase the total score.

Bombs

There are several different types of bombs, number of which are going to be increased in the close future.

bomb01.png
Simple bomb — the most common type of bomb but still the dangerous one.

bomb05.png
Blank bomb — does not hurt players. The bomb can be placed only in the invulnerability condition after respawn.

bomb03.png
Nyan-bomb — emit rays of goodness and happiness. Be careful, this bomb destroys everything and everyone in its path. Blocks are damaged by 2 hp.

bomb04.png
Blue bomb — blue explosion spreads out over 10 cells. Blocks are damaged by 3 hp.

bomb02.png
Radio bomb — detonation happens if bomb is affected by other bombs or player uses exploder (CTRL or L).

Besides, radio exploder can be placed on each bomb.

Statuses

Majority of statuses are diseases. They can be transmitted from player to player as they come close to each other. It makes statuses extremely influential on the game tactic. However, several diseases have positive effects, for example you can get an ability to go through narrow passages.

Invulnerability — available after respawn and losing shield for a couple of seconds.

Pause — can be activated by using button i. Nobody can hurt paused player.

Pacifism — only blank bombs are available. You are becoming Kenny.

Invisibility — player is becoming fully invisible.

Flip-over — turns player upside down, making control more difficult.

Slowdown — significantly decreases your speed. You are becoming Slowpoke.

Minimization — makes you two times smaller in size.

Fast explosion — detonation of bombs happens twice as fast as usual.

Nyan-disease — you are becoming Nyan-cat. The overall speed is increased significantly and bombs are changed on more powerful Nyan-bombs but you are not able to control them.

Other

Nuclear bomb

The special icon appears
icon09.png
when player takes a nuclear charge.

In case of death, detonation happens instantly. Moreover, if player was affected by Nyan-disease, blast radius is doubled (Nyanuclear Bomb).
016.png
012.png

Observer mode

You are able to watch the game as an observer by simply typing /obs or /observer (in order to come back to the game, you need to repeat this command). You can use a mouse wheel or keyboard keys up/down to increase or decrease the size of a map.

Also, in this mode you can follow after any player (if it is on the field) - open the scoreboard (TAB) and click on the nickname.

BigDug13

This has become unplayably laggy. Character freezes that turns into a sprint right into a bomb, enemies walking through bombs I placed, etc.

It's a nice idea and hopefully they'll start to be able to handle the server load.

Top Bottom