• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

The title of this thread is very confusing or poorly written.

Typically when you go to war with someone, it means declaring war on them or you're in an antagonistic war against each other. "Germany was at war with Great Britain," "The US was at war with Iraq," not like Hulk Hogan saying to Macho Man "I'll go into war with you, Brother."

The actual article though, means Bannon is going to war on behalf of the Trump White House, eg, they are allies in the same war:

"A source close to Bannon: "This week is a good window into what Bannon outside the [White House] would look like: A strong defense of POTUS and 'fire and fury' for enemies of The Trump agenda.""

It would seem to be the opposite of what the thread title is, and what the general assumption has been in the thread.

Yes, exactly. The article in the OP says the opposite of what the thread title suggests.

Now maybe bannon will go against the WH, but that's not what his friend said... His friend said the opposite, so if thread title is quoting bannons friend, then, well, quote it accurately.
Because Bannon is going after anyone in Trump's administration who he deems a RINO or globalist i.e. McMaster or Kushner.

Brannon

AY8HClV.gif

Damn, this is the most Stalin-ass shit I've seen. Nice.

Just go to Breitbart right now to see articles and their supporters attacking Kushner and Ivanka.

Bannon's war on the "RINOs" and "globalists" in Trump's administration is already happening.

commedieu

Banned
Javanka...

Lol.

Edit:

How much of a spineless coward does that make you when you endorse the man trying to shit all over your daughter? And not in the fun Russian way. But breitbart is clearly setting up a narrative here. And it's likely going to continue to ramp up.

Just go to Breitbart right now to see articles and their supporters attacking Kushner and Ivanka.

Bannon's war on the "RINOs" and "globalists" in Trump's administration is already happening.

Yes, Breitbart controls their comments very carefully and you can see "getting off the Trump bus, he does not represent us" comments and that type at the top of some articles, which Breitbart would have deleted just a couple weeks ago.

Yes, Breitbart controls their comments very carefully and you can see "getting off the Trump bus, he does not represent us" comments and that type at the top of some articles, which Breitbart would have deleted just a couple weeks ago.
Yup.

It's even more hilarious when a few comments point that out and no one replies.

barik

Okay, so... isn't getting fired from a job and then immediately going on to defend the same people who fired you, the most cuck move in all the cuckiverse? Or do I just not understand how right-wing language works?

(or are all these people fucking idiots)

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Okay, so... isn't getting fired from a job and then immediately going on to defend the same people who fired you, the most cuck move in all the cuckiverse? Or do I just not understand how right-wing language works?

(or are all these people fucking idiots)
They support the KKK. Literally has the word Kux in it.

PJV3

Rather that someone in Trump administration pushed Bannon out, and they made lemonade out of that lemon with pretty clever spin

That's how I see it, Trump has allowed Bannon to gradually get frozen out, and somehow Bannon going after the people Trump sided with is a smart move.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
My guess is a continued or increased quantity of this is what he means when he says he'll be supporting Trump. He 'ought to know better than to mess with boo.

0vXMQts.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Trump is likely going to regret setting up breitbart as 'real news'. They are going to start trashing the WH and Donny John is going to end up with egg all over his face when he has to pivot back to the 'fake news' mantra.

almost 1 day and trump hasnt tweeted. is this a sign of good things to come?

maybe he's having skype meetings with bannon to spread some shit on breitbart.

My guess is a continued or increased quantity of this is what he means when he says he'll be supporting Trump. He 'ought to know better than to mess with boo.

0vXMQts.jpg

Good stuff.

Also some classic content in the comments section:

Schrödinger's cat Cat • 5 hours ago
Mr President TRUMP, sir!

There is only one place where you can really trust the people who helped you get there and who will help get you there again...

It is here !!!

We see your Tweets (needed because the MSM are fake news) and know you are a busy man. So we won't detain you.

But just once in a while, have a look here - or get one of your more trusted aides to.

See what is being said. Factor it in.

Be true to yourself !!! Because, in that way, you will be true to us.

That is all.

MAGA

Aselith

0vXMQts.jpg

I wonder if she's trying to take credit so that she can fight her way back to being the "liberal" member of the WH team

digdug2k

I wonder if she's trying to take credit so that she can fight her way back to being the "liberal" member of the WH team
I'm scared to death they're just going to run her in 2020 (Trump will just says he's old and wants to retire), and a fuck load of Democrats will jump on board with her because she's the "liberal" one.

I really wish I could understand the tolerance from Trump's supporters for his constant whining. I consider myself a pretty staunch supporter of Obama but honestly I would have been done with him after a month of this even if it was warranted. Stop crying for God's sake!

Account was created in 2015 but only started tweeting a few days ago...and every tweet is glowing about Trump or how beautiful Melania is...and they have almost 6800 followers somehow...

tenor.gif

He's gonna start another war isn't he. Nothing empowers a president more than a country at war.

all he has to do is read the speech. no adlib or anything. he managed to do it once. and there's no QA so he'll do fine..

also.

If it's not Fox News, It's Faux News.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The best thing about that three-day old Twitter account is the tweet "Donald Trump gave up his billionaire lifestyle to save America!"

Because you just KNOW that's Trump having someone point out he was a billionaire (though he wasn't, right?) first and foremost.

cameron

he's back with fake news today. This must be hard work at the WH right now.

3Hotr0z.png

also he's back to RT random people again

WHUaN0v.png

https://twitter.com/Aroliso

Politico: McConnell undercuts Trump's claim: 'Most news is not fake'
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday undercut one of President Donald Trump's most-repeated claims, telling a group at the Louisville Chamber of Commerce that "most news is not fake."

Trump has consistently hammered media organizations for their critical coverage of both his candidacy and his presidency, accusing them of putting out "fake news" — an accusation that has become a rallying cry for his supporters. His latest salvo came Monday morning when he retweeted a message about "fake news" attacks against him, writing, "Thank you, the very dishonest Fake News Media is out of control!"

But when asked on Monday about where he gets his news, McConnell — who has been the target of Trump's ire in recent weeks — said he has no trouble finding reliable sources.

"What I do every morning — there a couple of services I look at that gives me a synopsis of articles," McConnell said. "It is my view that most news is not fake. But I do try to look at a variety of sources."

McConnell also said he reads a variety of sources that Trump has blasted, including the New York Times.

"I try not to fall in love with any particular source," McConnell said.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Conspiracy!

op can't change it after first post is made in a thread, mods don't read every thread. A PM is always welcome if something needs doing

I wrote the original title and didn't change it because "with the White House" referred to "with elements inside the White House he opposes" not "with literally every person in the White House and he's a liberal now Trump watch out". That nuance is lost in 80 characters is unsurprising but I do find it hard to believe that people read the thread, came to understand that they didn't like the title, but also couldn't parse what the title had meant.

It's fine that it got changed but maybe people should do a little less freaking out about hair-splitting as to the deeper meaning of a preposition when everyone is well aware of the broader reporting surrounding the issue. Especially when posts turn from "Here's what I think a better title would be" to "I cannot believe the moderators refuse to acknowledge this grievous breach of the thread title code of 2014, and I will be convening a grand ethics jury."

If you want to know who's side Bannon is on, read this:

New Yorker: The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency

This is the man that bankrolled Breitbart under Bannon (previously and now), got Bannon and Conway into the campaign and White House, and was the largest disclosed donor for Trump (after previously bankrolling Ted Cruz).

There's a lot to unpack in this article. Cambridge Analytica, various propaganda flicks put out by Bannon and books bankrolled by Mercer's think tanks, deconstructing the state, the works.

If you want to know who's side Bannon is on, read this:

New Yorker: The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency

This is the man that bankrolled Breitbart under Bannon (previously and now), got Bannon and Conway into the campaign and White House, and was the largest disclosed donor fro Trump (after previously bankrolling Ted Cruz).

There's a lot to unpack in this article. Cambridge Analytica, various propaganda flicks put out by Bannon and books bankrolled by Mercer's think tanks, deconstructing the state, the works.
Why can't we just put Mercer and (((Soros))) into a steel cage and settle this once and for all?

Top Bottom