• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone struggling with Switch dock placement?

LAA

Mine is on a "shelf" under my TV where a drawer used to be ha ha.
I can just about put the switch in but it's a tight fit.
What I usually do though is just pick up the dock and put the switch in, or move the shelf a little forward, put it in, push it back.
That said I very rarely play on TV and doubt it'll change.

You don't have height clearance problems when removing the switch from the dock while inside the TV cabinet? Most TV cabinets don't have a lot of vertical space if you're putting something inside it.

Its sitting on top of my Sky Q box, its a little tight but works well.

Iced

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up putting my dock on my wireless subwoofer, as according to measurements online, it will fit perfectly. Has anyone had any issues with wireless interference doing this? I'm not sure what frequency my sub uses.

Neff

It's in the place my Wii U Gamepad was. The Wii U is still in the entertainment unit, but the Gamepad is now unplugged.

The HDMI/ethernet situation has gotten a bit out of hand, though.

FingerBang

Can't post pictures now but I have been having the same problem. If I put in the cabinet where the consoles are, it's a pain in the ass to slide it in and out. If I put it next to the TV, it's in the way since I use to tilt the TV when I'm cooking/at the PC. If I put it far from the TV, it's always somehow in the way.

I'm moving to a new house today so I might do things differently but an horizontal/slightly tilted dock would be awesome.

Something like this (done it in paint in 2 minutes, it sucks but it gives an idea):
1bf7e6539d4c4b1d.jpg

Top Bottom