• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Madness

cHxwPW9.gif

Solid OT, great work Karl. DL'ing the update now.

I was confident I could finish a forge map today already.

Turns out all the Forge muscle memory from the previous Halo's is pretty hard to get rid off, these new controls are hard!

TCKaos

I've started working on remaking one of my maps from Halo 4. I think it'll play pretty well without much work done, but I'm taking some liberties insofar that the map is physically much larger to accommodate faster movement speed and the lifts will be replaced with slopes.

I've been playing around with the Alpine map first up. Managed to completely alter the mood. It's now overcast, gloomy and snowing. :)

It looks so good! I'm trying to push for as close to nighttime as possible without the map looking washed out or too many artificial filters etc.

Tricky balancing act.

First build will be an old school BTB map based off one my earlier designs. Just to get used to the new controls and system. I am so impressed so far!

Fuchsdh

I've started working on remaking one of my maps from Halo 4. I think it'll play pretty well without much work done, but I'm taking some liberties insofar that the map is physically much larger to accommodate faster movement speed and the lifts will be replaced with slopes.

I don't think any of the maps I made will work due to sizes, or the missing game types (Trenchball was Ricochet-based.)

Will probably just work on making some atmospheric maps first to get a handle on things before I work on really focused maps.

Raide

Damn they went and changed all the controls. This is taking some time to get use to.

They have still not learnt about giving people empty maps to forge on. Stop filling them full of bits. We can do that later!!

Not sure I'm liking this. a few issues so far

• Controls are just awful and clunky. A and B need to be switched with the bumpers.
  • Camera inverts when placing an object. why.jpg
  • Lighting is broken on Parralax and glitches occasionally on the other canvases
  • The Halo Ring on Parallax looks low res
  • You're sometimes backed out of the object menu to the main one when an object is placed
  • Takes twice as many button presses to move a piece across the map
  • Monitor boost is too fast

Not sure I'm liking this. a few issues so far

• Controls are just awful and clunky. A and B need to be switched with the bumpers.
    [*]Camera inverts when placing an object. why.jpg
  • Lighting is broken on Parralax and glitches occasionally on the other canvases
  • The Halo Ring on Parallax looks low res
  • You're sometimes backed out of the object menu to the main one when an object is placed
  • Takes twice as many button presses to move a piece across the map
  • Monitor boost is too fast

It's your Xbone telling you to invert like a grown up.

Cyclone

Is Forge World never going to come back? With 4 and now 5 they are giving us multiple maps but they aren't like Forge World :(

Top Bottom