• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Ogodei

Clearly if you want to win, pick Pearl's team.

I figured folks favoring Flight over invisibility would outweigh the Pearl-Marina gap. That was almost the case, but the choice of veteran players was even more lopsided.

I did have some *nasty* matches, but i've been doing better in S2 splatfests compared to Splatoon 1, where i had much rougher results overall.

HeroR

Nice win ratio, Team Flight Solo o_O

Can't say I am surprised. Team Invincible was nowhere near as good as Team Tomato. I was actually shocked since I expected everyone to be more experience since the game has been out longer.

trebbble

Is there a way to see historical salmon run stats, like how the round turned out or who you played with? I know you can find regular match data in the app, but I don’t see anything for salmon run.

Jackano

The combined Splatfest + SalmonRun session this week-end ended up to be pretty frustrating for me today.

Team Invisibility was loosing many games;
I got another couple clear examples where the % calculation definitely isn't the endgame picture;
Netcode/matchmaker still very slow;

In Salmon Run:
Netcode is starting to go apeshit sometimes too. Like being stuck on the "Searching a room" popup for one minute before a timeup and an error code occurs and takes me back to the lobby. When this happens, I know after 5-10 seconds it will end badly, so I've to do the tweet trick to kill it more quickly. If I can sense it, why the game doesn't and make me wait another 30 seconds?

I'm also starting to have teammates who does noob mistakes, which is a first since I joined the highest rank. Like not spreading equally and calling out the others at the beginning of a wave.
And when some of the most difficult event occurs at wave 1, I've got a couple frustrating loose here. Which is a problem since the game restarts you at +40 at each session, putting your rank at risk.

Jims

All right! Nice to finally win one of these. Assumed we lost when we lost the popularity 49-51. Winning 55% of solo battles in a Splatfest is really good for an aggregate team, way to go Team Flight!

The day after Splatfest always feels like Christmas day. I'm sure Murch and Spyke enjoy it too.

Koren

Hmm, not really, Splatoon had plenty of Splatfest with shared results, though they'd usually take place at the same time. There even were some worldwide, too. But they did use to share regional results too, though I may simply be misremembering. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
Thanks... I didn't remember shared results in Splatoon 1, but I probably didn't pay enough attention to that (though I remember different themes most of the time, so I've probably concluded that all were separate events)

cheez124

My god, finally made superfresh for the first time. Every time I would get close I'd go on a huge losing streak, but not this time

Now to avoid turf war forever. Well, except during splatfests, of course.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
DI0jjpcVoAA-S5v.jpg:large

That was some reroll!

correojon

Team Flight won?!?! Come on, I had a 32-12 for inv, how can this be?Also, inv won popularity? Really strange, I didn't have to fight another inv team and got matches pretty quickly.

I'm extremely salty because I prefferred Flight, yet I waited to see which was the least popular opinion and went with inv so my 67% win ratio didn't go to waste like in the last Splatfest... But nope, I got another 67% and lost again.

Anyway congrats to the obviously superior team Flight. Team inv, please disappear and never reappear again.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
DI0nxuuVAAASoq7.jpg:large

Considering rolling with this build for a while, even though the helmet is rather ugly :p

Kudo

Do people just hate Marina now because of how popular she was at the beginning?

No, but because of her popularity larger influx of players will be rooting for her - thus making it easier to win the actual match win % if you're good on Pearls side.
Just my deduction why Pearl keeps on winning, not complaining though, I'm swimming in Super Sea Snails.

Does the game even try to reconnect when "the connection is unstable" appears? Extremely frustrating that I am simply booted out and given a loss.

GWX

Is there anyway to directly contact Splatoon's developers or representatives? I want to give a feedback so badly on how much Trislosher's insane stats is making the game such a bad experience for me. I don't even bother with Tower Control anymore, as it's pretty much a "press ZR to slosh and win" affair. The damn thing just hits all the right boxes: great ink efficiency, maddening fast fire rate, burst bomb sub (which requires much less ink than other subs, aside from point sensor, but actually causes damage), ink armor special (with great range of invincibility frames, generally enough to turn the tide of a fight, considering the weapon fires so quickly), and crazy consistency and reliability (whenever the enemy is located on the same level or higher than you, the weapon deals 62 points of damage, no matter if the shot hits dead on or barely; if the enemy's below you, the weapon deals less damage, but it's a consistent two shot kill still). It's no fun trying to fight inkling bearing those instruments of wreckage with inconsistent-as-shit rollers or slow-firing RNG-fuckery-prone Gals, as an example.

NathanS

Being back on the losing side of splatfest after being on the winning side the last three times feels like coming home in a bizarre way.

Is there anyway to directly contact Splatoon's developers or representatives? I want to give a feedback so badly on how much Trislosher's insane stats is making the game such a bad experience for me. I don't even bother with Tower Control anymore, as it's pretty much a "press ZR to slosh and win" affair. The damn thing just hits all the right boxes: great ink efficiency, maddening fast fire rate, burst bomb sub (which requires much less ink than other subs, aside from point sensor, but actually causes damage), ink armor special (with great range of invincibility frames, generally enough to turn the tide of a fight, considering the weapon fires so quickly), and crazy consistency and reliability (whenever the enemy is located on the same level or higher than you, the weapon deals 62 points of damage, no matter if the shot hits dead on or barely; if the enemy's below you, the weapon deals less damage, but it's a consistent two shot kill still). It's no fun trying to fight inkling bearing those instruments of wreckage with inconsistent-as-shit rollers or slow-firing RNG-fuckery-prone Gals, as an example.
I use the splattershot pro for tower control to deal with sloshers. Have you tried that or the jet squelcher?

Koren

Is there anyway to directly contact Splatoon's developers or representatives? I want to give a feedback so badly on how much Trislosher's insane stats is making the game such a bad experience for me.
I'd say they have all the stats to see it by themselves... Maybe try the official Splatoon twitter, first? (@splatoonjp if you can, or @splatoonna)

Does the game even try to reconnect when "the connection is unstable" appears?
I've seen maybe 2 or 3 times the message and the connection NOT failing in Splatoon 1, but 99% of the time (100% on Splatoon 2), it's a lost cause. Yes, that's annoying, they could do a reconnection (even if that means kill you and make you respawn)

I use the splattershot pro for tower control to deal with sloshers. Have you tried that or the jet squelcher?
There's possible counters, but tri-slosher is probably the most powerful weapon right now, especially in TC... (the worst is that it comes with ink armor, which as a nice total invincibility window)

BenN

Is there anyway to directly contact Splatoon's developers or representatives? ....

Also keen on finding out the best place to send feedback..Nintendo twitter?

Need to beg them to fix/change matchmaking..at least look into it.

It's so so slow. Not all the time, some nights its ok, other times however like the last 2 nights (over a 2-3 hours period each night) I was unable to even find a single turf war match....just timed out every time.
So frustrating during this splatfest...not a single match :/ Could get into a few salmon run games though without too much issue...

So different to any other online game, on switch or otherwise...I can jump over to mario kart 8 deluxe and find matches super fast...or even jump back over to splatoon 1 and play matches with zero issues all night.

ITrislosher's insane stats is making the game such a bad experience for me..

Another balance patch coming early September . It'll be focusing on some more main weapon and special balancing. might get nerfed there... or not
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/899913818205167620

Does the game even try to reconnect when "the connection is unstable" appears? Extremely frustrating that I am simply booted out and given a loss.

in rare cases. it does fix itself. not often though

Luminaire

Despite winning, this was the worst splatfest for me. I was stuck in a purgatory. I'd get a kill, die 2 seconds later. Win a match, lose the next one. Win by >1%, lose by >1%. It was a horrific battle of attrition for me. I have come out of this a changed squid.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Considering rolling with this build for a while, even though the helmet is rather ugly :p

Question about builds: Is it better to diversify your abilities or stack multiple? I've read about the diminishing effects when stacking abilities.

Is there a consensus?

Also if someone on GAF has the specific equipment + main ability that I want, can I join them in a game while they have that equipped, and then they show up in my lobby and order their equipment? Has anyone tried doing this?

Maengun1

And now next time everyone switches to pearl and it becomes Marina's turn.

lol mhm

My secret to splatfest success has simply been to pick the option I actually like better. I was on the winning team in 11/16 splatfests for the first game and now I'm 3/3 for Splatoon 2.

What can I say, I have my finger on the pulse :)

rcl66

Is it just me or is the current salmon run hard as shit. Confined space and enemy is aggressive from the start. Haven't made it past round 2 in 3 games.

Luminaire

lol mhm

My secret to splatfest success has simply been to pick the option I actually like better. I was on the winning team in 11/16 splatfests for the first game and now I'm 3/3 for Splatoon 2.

What can I say, I have my finger on the pulse :)

I pick the team that will let me revel in victory whilst showering in the most salt from the opposing team afterwards.

Looks pretty well rounded! It probably works with anything, but I'd like to try either splattershot pro with this gear setup.

Question about builds: Is it better to diversify your abilities or stack multiple? I've read about the diminishing effects when stacking abilities.

Is there a consensus?
I think outside of perhaps swim speed or main saver, there isn't really anything you want more than 20 points of in Splatoon 2. You probably want at least 9 points of whatever you're using as well, since the bonuses are really miniscule below 9 pts.

You can read more about abilities here:
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Ability

Also if someone on GAF has the specific equipment + main ability that I want, can I join them in a game while they have that equipped, and then they show up in my lobby and order their equipment? Has anyone tried doing this?
Yup! This totally works :)

yuoke

Banned
Finally got to S rank in tower control, but I don't even want to try going for s+ yet. If/when ever I make it to that in all three ranks, then I'm done.

Finally got to S rank in tower control, but I don't even want to try going for s+ yet. If/when ever I make it to that in all three ranks, then I'm done.

The jump in skill between A and S is noticeable. There's also a huge jump between S and S+. Just keep playing and if you lose rank, don't worry about it. You'll get back up in no time.

Maengun1

Okay fuck Salmon Run seriously.

Halfway through the first wave, one of my teammates randomly drops out. Then another one. Then "unstable connection" message pops up on screen and I'm unable to move my character or shoot at all, get wiped. Results screen shows that only 2 of the 4 of us were still considered active.

Get massive pay cut anyway.

We're supposed to pay for shit in a couple months?

Kinokou

I just noticed in Splatnet (Europe) that the top 5 players for ketchup and invisibility have higher individual scores than the top 5 players for mayo and flight. Now I feel bad for them for pulling so much weight to probably have their achievement overlooked because they choose the wrong side.

Top Bottom