• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

The demo warlock artifact challenge (Sigryn) is really busting my balls. I've tried at least 25 times now at 911 ilvl with Tomb four piece and still get destroyed.

I find myself having to choose whether to die to Valkyr or to runes and sometimes the runes have a second before they detonate which is bull. I've gotten used to handling the rotation of mechanics and interrupts but feel like I'm getting shit on by RNG and my lack of movement. I'm using demon skin instead of burning rush but maybe I just need to wait until I get Prydaz so I have the HP to soak and have burning rush. My DPS KS about 800K and I try to have 100% doom uptime but it's not easy.

I was failing on it at 913 as well, but I have different problems. I am using Supremacy which means that whenever the berserker wants my ass, I have the Doomguard channeling Cripple to make it easy to kite, but my damage drops way low during that period because my primary minion is taken out of the fight.

I fear Sigryn to avoid the pulsing AoE, but it only lasts 20 seconds and her channel lasts 30, so if she runs out of range, I still get hit with a lot of it. And if I just keep her feared all the time then she becomes immune. That and that bitch is constantly knocking me back and interrupting my casts.

I was failing on it at 913 as well, but I have different problems. I am using Supremacy which means that whenever the berserker wants my ass, I have the Doomguard channeling Cripple to make it easy to kite, but my damage drops way low during that period because my primary minion is taken out of the fight.

I fear Sigryn to avoid the pulsing AoE, but it only lasts 20 seconds and her channel lasts 30, so if she runs out of range, I still get hit with a lot of it. And if I just keep her feared all the time then she becomes immune. That and that bitch is constantly knocking me back and interrupting my casts.

This fight is the ONLY time a demo warlock should ever be using Supremacy. Its just an attrition fight, its okay if your DPS drops tbh.

I've been using Mortal Coil for her blood of my father things and Darkglare to cleave but I get them down to 40% and get overwhelmed.

Tarazet

This fight is the ONLY time a demo warlock should ever be using Supremacy. Its just an attrition fight, its okay if your DPS drops tbh.

I've been using Mortal Coil for her blood of my father things and Darkglare to cleave but I get them down to 40% and get overwhelmed.

I agree that it's essentially an attrition fight, but since you only have to complete it once, the better your DPS, the less chance you have of screwing it up. Especially once you get below 40% and the shit hits the fan in a big way. In most group content, I feel more comfortable and more effective playing Demo than the other specs. But the standard raiding build strips away important utility that the other casters have by default. Mages and Elemental Shamans, and Hunters have a ranged interrupt. Shadow Priests and Balance Druids have a ranged silence. Warlocks have to use specific pets to have access.

The Doomguard is a no-brainer on Sigryn, I don't even see another way to deal with the mechanics. But it for sure makes it more difficult to execute.

iFirez

Got my Cloud Serpent in Pandaria and finished my exploration and quests there, first time rep grinding which wasn't fun. Luckily Onyx Eggs got me through the rep in a couple of days while I was still questing and doing the dailies there.

I'm now in Draenor which feels much more updated in terms of variety of quests and graphics even from Pandaria. I'm level 95 and just finished doing everything I could in Shadowmoon, trying to get that Pathfinder achievement but I may drop that and just move on to Legion once I hit the right level. I initially liked the garrison system when I got here but its become a little tedious now and all I'm waiting for is being able to build a stable (?) where I can maybe buy some mounts... actually I haven't seen anywhere to buy mounts from yet in Draenor (vendors) but maybe I'm not looking enough.

I'm enjoying what seems to be an increased amount of Rare mobs dropping awesome loot. I'm also loving the visual style of the areas I've seen so far in Draenor - after loving Pandaria I didn't expect to love Draenor as much.

It's probably a bad thing that I hit Shadowmoon so hard because I am level 95 now and still have a lot of areas and quests to do so I may have to come back here if I decide to put off getting Draenor Pathfinding my first time around.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dauntless Gear not being BOA (like the timeless isle stuff) is baffling

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got 4 items in one heroic (3 drops, one from someone else that didnt need), thats one way to get that ilvl up fast when theres no timewalking I guess.

edit: I like Minerva :p

Dugna

Got my Cloud Serpent in Pandaria and finished my exploration and quests there, first time rep grinding which wasn't fun. Luckily Onyx Eggs got me through the rep in a couple of days while I was still questing and doing the dailies there.

I'm now in Draenor which feels much more updated in terms of variety of quests and graphics even from Pandaria. I'm level 95 and just finished doing everything I could in Shadowmoon, trying to get that Pathfinder achievement but I may drop that and just move on to Legion once I hit the right level. I initially liked the garrison system when I got here but its become a little tedious now and all I'm waiting for is being able to build a stable (?) where I can maybe buy some mounts... actually I haven't seen anywhere to buy mounts from yet in Draenor (vendors) but maybe I'm not looking enough.

I'm enjoying what seems to be an increased amount of Rare mobs dropping awesome loot. I'm also loving the visual style of the areas I've seen so far in Draenor - after loving Pandaria I didn't expect to love Draenor as much.

It's probably a bad thing that I hit Shadowmoon so hard because I am level 95 now and still have a lot of areas and quests to do so I may have to come back here if I decide to put off getting Draenor Pathfinding my first time around.

Draenor pathfinder will take a week or 2 min to get, it isn't a easy grind like MoP stuff. Also the stable in your garrison allows you to capture animals and make them your mount, with pre assigned animals already chosen in the form of daily quests...you don't buy the mounts from a vendor there you just finish a quest chain like venomhide/wintersaber.

Soul of the Slaughter seems amazing for arms warrior. The healing has been enough that it's keeping me alive versus elites that I would normally go protection for. Kinda feel like you should get something like that earlier on.

Lain

Didn't feel like running the warrior macro to know if the event would pop up but still decided to go take a look at the cave and as soon as I approached I heard the roar. This made my day since I really wanted that hidden skin. Now my little gnome warrior looks even more badass than she did yesterday.

Do you just need to do enough world quests in Suramar to reach honored rep with them, unlocking the remaining quests? I've fully explored the map for quests, and the chains listed in the achievements don't unlock until I have more rep with them, but I'm as far as I can go with normal questing it seems.

I've fallen to my death more in this expansion that any other I believe. End up having to take the hit, too, since there's no way to get to my body. Why remove flying while dead, except for certain spots? I died in Suramar City and could fly back...

Robin64

Do you just need to do enough world quests in Suramar to reach honored rep with them, unlocking the remaining quests? I've fully explored the map for quests, and the chains listed in the achievements don't unlock until I have more rep with them, but I'm as far as I can go with normal questing it seems.

Yep. You'll hit rep walls several times doing Suramar. WQs will fix it, but it's a bit of a drag even so.

Syf

Banned
Still can't believe they took the desolate host out of the desolate host boss fight. I know it's lfr but come on lol

Lain

I hardly believe any follower can be better than Lady S'Theno. She rocks and the way she rolls those s (Italian VA).

Rhaknar

I broke my phone, the one where the authenticator is. Can I go into my account ans just remove it?

Because the Battle Net App sometimes has the tendancy to randomly ask me to log in again (especially since I use it on my desktop and laptop) and the next time that happens its going to ask me to authenticate and...well I cant.

This auction house dance thing is neat. The micro-holidays have been one thing I love in this expansion. Hope they keep coming up with news one so they happen frequently.

Tarazet

I've had about enough of the toxic community in WoW LFG. I don't want to have to turn off instance chat, because I sometimes need it in M+ runs.

Would using my level 100 boost on a DK be a waste? I mailed one before I switched servers and enjoy the class but don't really feel like doing all the questing and what not over again. I only reached 70 on it but, still took a fair bit of time that I'm not rushing to repeat.

Whooter

I have such bad news for you...

The final quest in the Suramar storyline doesn't show up until 20,000/21,000 rep with Nightfallen. You have a ways to go.

Tarazet

Would using my level 100 boost on a DK be a waste? I mailed one before I switched servers and enjoy the class but don't really feel like doing all the questing and what not over again. I only reached 70 on it but, still took a fair bit of time that I'm not rushing to repeat.

If you are over level 60, then it will also boost your professions up. That gives you access to all of the old world recipes which are otherwise locked behind having to grind points in the skill.

Lain

I have been wondering, has Legion been on some kind of sale yet? I don't feel like paying full price to upgrade my second account to Legion, but at half price I could think about it.

I have such bad news for you...

The final quest in the Suramar storyline doesn't show up until 20,000/21,000 rep with Nightfallen. You have a ways to go.

This stuff really makes me want to say forget flying and just play my alts, as Suramar City questing on a ground mount sucks ass. Well, I guess what's probably going to happen is that due to the lack of flying in WoD and Legion, I'll finish out another month, then not touch WOW again for another 3 years.

Syf

Banned
I have been wondering, has Legion been on some kind of sale yet? I don't feel like paying full price to upgrade my second account to Legion, but at half price I could think about it.
I know it was $10 off along with a discount on character services in March. Don't remember any other time.

I may drop that and just move on to Legion once I hit the right level.

Even though you can start Legion content at 98, I'd recommend at least being 100 and farming some gear tokens from the north-west region of Tanaan, the Ruins of Kra'Nak, as well as farming up specific Tanaan treasures before going into Legion content. Legion's scaling is kind of wonky and ilvl matters. The quest leading up to the Broken Shore and the Broken Shore scenario itself are tuned for 650(Tanaan)-700(Invasion event/WoD raid) ilvl gear. At 98 you'll be in the high 400's, low 500's and, depending on your class and spec, you could be in for a rough ride.

At 100 Varian Wrynn should appear in your garrison starting a quest that will send you to the Iron Docks, you'll free an NPC there and that will allow you to build a shipyard for your garrison. After some minor quests, a few minutes, you'll get the quest chain to begin the Tanaan invasion. After a few minor quests you'll get access to the Alliance hub and from there you ignore everything and go farm some gear tokens and treasures.

Use the weapon and armor/trinket tab to come up with a hit list of gear you want to get in Tanaan from treasures...
http://www.wowhead.com/guides/tanaan-jungle/treasures-by-type-and-stats

Gear tokens can be farmed from purple crystals that spawn around the Temple of Kra'Nak, although it may be hard to compete for them without flying. These can net you 650 gear for your class/spec. Even just a few pieces will help.

You don't have to do any of this but you will have a better time entering into Legion content if you do. I rushed through on a toon from WoD to Legion at 98 with crap gear and it sucked in the beginning.

I was going to pick that but I ended up going with Proudmore, not down for having to wait to play the game. Proudmore has the second highest population so it's close enough.

Proudmoore-NA is the unofficial home of the LGBTQ community and that added dimension makes for some truly unique toxicity that I haven't experienced on other servers. On top of the generally shittiness towards others and low-effort political trolling you encounter in the public chat channels on every other PVE/PVP server, you get extra special trolling targeting gender and sexual identity politics. It honestly just hurts my brain thinking that some of the people typing the foul things they do are functioning adults.

People complain that server communities and identities are dead but there's a rogue's gallery on Proudmoore I have to perma-mute any time I roll an alt on that server. It's to the point where easier just to leave public chat channels instead of bothering to try and filter them to make them tolerable.

Server population size is nice though, healthy AH and market, lots of active guilds, server is in the top 15 (last I checked).

Eh? You can literally AFK the broken shore scenario, you don't need gear.

You may not survive the duel before you get to the scenario. My mage would get two shot. And yes, the one or two other people you will get paired with will AFK through the scenario now.

But it's not just the BS scenario, it's the first artifact quest and start of Legion PVE as well. You don't have to get the gear, but it will make things go much more smoothly.

Proudmoore-NA is the unofficial home of the LGBTQ community and that added dimension makes for some truly unique toxicity that I haven't experienced on other servers. On top of the generally shittiness towards others and low-effort political trolling you encounter in the public chat channels on every other PVE/PVP server, you get extra special trolling targeting gender and sexual identity politics. It honestly just hurts my brain thinking that some of the people typing the foul things they do are functioning adults.

People complain that server communities and identities are dead but there's a rogue's gallery on Proudmoore I have to perma-mute any time I roll an alt on that server. It's to the point where easier just to leave public chat channels instead of bothering to try and filter them to make them tolerable.

Server population size is nice though, healthy AH and market, lots of active guilds, server is in the top 15 (last I checked).
...Christ
I'm not LGBTQ but that environment sounds like a hellhole. The character I made on that server only got to level 13 but now I'm kinda thinking of going to Stormrage instead. The only thing that pulled me away from it was the fact that it was full when I was making the character. Glad I didn't use my boost yet either.

Any ally members in here on Stormrage?

...Christ
I'm not LGBTQ but that environment sounds like a hellhole. The character I made on that server only got to level 13 but now I'm kinda thinking of going to Stormrage instead. The only thing that pulled me away from it was the fact that it was full when I was making the character. Glad I didn't use my boost yet either.

Any ally members in here on Stormrage?

You could keep playing and see what you think of the community there for yourself. See if it bothers you or even matters. Proudmoore is the largest PST Alli-biased PVE server and one of the largest PVE servers in NA. The longer I play the more I dislike the WoW community at large on PVE servers, it's kind of a dumpster fire, and find myself driven to play on RP servers. I don't like or care about RP but in comparison RP servers, so far, have been downright polite, almost friendly even, and the chat channels are generally filled with people arguing about lore or how to properly play make-believe versus the more standard garbage. It's innocuous and I don't feel compelled to report or ignore every second or third person that types something.

Dalaran is pretty toxic. We have a few loud mouths that never shut up:

1. A troll that's barely literate that spams chat all day and frequently gets banned for harassing people

2. A bored 3X Housewife that purposely harasses other women or anyone attempting to undercut her on the AH for Vial of Sands. She starts drama for no reason but, to cure her boredom. She doesn't do anything outside of farming and chatting.

3. Various suck ups to 1 or 2 or attempting to be 1 or 2.

Dalaran was where I started, left it for Proudmoore, ended up being just a lateral move.

Is the Bilgewater Honor Society still active on Dalaran? The player that headed that guild was ALWAYS trying to get raids on Alli cities going. Like every day. That was one of the better aspects of the server.

Nope. Never heard of'em. But, I assume they fell apart seeing as how Alliance dominates our server and would destroy any raid in a instant.

I'm just looking for something with a good population and raiding community for when (or if) I get good at the game. The less toxic the better but it doesn't seem like I can get both. I generally don't engage with randoms anyway but, yeah.

You may not survive the duel before you get to the scenario. My mage would get two shot. And yes, the one or two other people you will get paired with will AFK through the scenario now.

But it's not just the BS scenario, it's the first artifact quest and start of Legion PVE as well. You don't have to get the gear, but it will make things go much more smoothly.

Shouldn't be necessary. All that intro / artifact stuff is doable pretty absent-mindedly even at level 98. iFirez seems to even be leveling through actual questing on Draenor so he's not going to be as gear deficient as people doing the Gorgrond bonus / rares route. Don't really see the point in that.

Tarazet

Shouldn't be necessary. All that intro / artifact stuff is doable pretty absent-mindedly even at level 98. iFirez seems to even be leveling through actual questing on Draenor so he's not going to be as gear deficient as people doing the Gorgrond bonus / rares route. Don't really see the point in that.

If you just get the addon and level on treasures in Nagrand then you'll have as much or better gear than anyone at 98, barring getting every possible piece of loot out of Skyreach. But I went all the way to 100 off treasures anyway because there was no reason not to. It's so quick.

cdyhybrid

Wait, people are still in public chat channels? :p

If you aren't in my guild or party (or on my friends list) I have zero interest in talking to you.

Rhaknar

when you randomly get a legendary out of nowhere on your fresh 110 and your favorite character doesnt have one /shrug

thats the "risk" in playing 56 characters I guess. Its a shit one too, heroic leap gets 3 charges whoopedy do.

Top Bottom