• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

Galdelico

A few recent pick ups:
36289704666_db24f3a86d_c.jpg
Fantastic shot. :)

koopas

has anyone used those raphnet adapters for wii? Specifically the ones that connect to the gamecube port. I was seriously considering buying a snes classic once its released so i could use the controllers with my wii, but its cheaper to buy that adapter and just use my snes controllers. Just wondering how the performance is, im thinking since it connects to the wii itself there probably shouldnt be too much issues/input lag.
I bought a N64 one and could not get the thing to work with Wii vc through GameCube port. I ended up returning it. (Mine had what looked like electrical tape around it)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Was there an official GunCon 2 made in China? From the ebay pictures, everything looks correct, other than it says Made In China.

Cool! How are you liking it?

Aesthetically, I love all of these Hori FightingSticks, but as far as gameplay, I'll let you know later today or tomorrow! I think I'm going to have to tighten the spring before playing, it feels a bit loose to me.

EDIT: And I've launched the e-clip into orbit. Gonna have to order one now...

EDIT 2: Borrowed one from a spare JLF!

IrishNinja

my grrl & i are talking about finally taking a japan trip....maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Updated Japan haul

Killer find was Zero 3 for 10000 yen, bargain. I keep selling the copies I have but I'll finally keep this one lol.

Cheap SG Commander and Famicom gun are cool finds too. Thank god for hardoff.

god, that famicom gun is so very badass. i hope to find a loose one for a good price one day!

Picked this up today to solve my Raiden DX/PS One d-pad problems.

what a lovely stick

Rirse

Neo Member
Is there a good data base of game box arts to download? I like using them for a screensaver, and while I found a site that had a nice zip with a bunch of box art for multiple consoles, the zip also contains random fake box arts for romhacks, fan translated games, and just random fan boxes for released games like Link to the Past with the OoT art.

meppi

Updated Japan haul

bmmM14R.jpg

Killer find was Zero 3 for 10000 yen, bargain. I keep selling the copies I have but I'll finally keep this one lol.

Cheap SG Commander and Famicom gun are cool finds too. Thank god for hardoff.
Damn! I'm still after Street Fighter 3 myself but I'm not able to shell out €250-300 for it.
Wonderful pickup there!

They have Super Book Offs?
Ah wrong name, but some stores have been converted to Book Off Super Bazaar, which is like everything in one (Book Off, Hard Off, Off House, Hobby Off, etc) but not really as good as a proper Hard Off. They tend to still have a ton of games and hardware so usually I'll drop by one if it's not far from where I'm going anyway.

The ones in Machida and Hachioji were both pretty good, but another that I went to was kinda useless.

I just finished Valis II for the X68000. It took a bit to get into (basically finishing the first stage which was terrible) but I ended up loving it. It's a lot simpler than Valis 3 and is a cross between an action platformer and a shmup.

It also has great Engrish.

UE4sDfXl.png

zMTApYrl.png

U35qFMBl.png

6pS7MfRl.png

cfHV59zl.jpg

xB2L8HLl.png

hO3e7PPl.png

LKx29Mgl.png

I beat Valis 2 X68k. More pics in 240p thread.

Ah wrong name, but some stores have been converted to Book Off Super Bazaar, which is like everything in one (Book Off, Hard Off, Off House, Hobby Off, etc) but not really as good as a proper Hard Off. They tend to still have a ton of games and hardware so usually I'll drop by one if it's not far from where I'm going anyway.

The ones in Machida and Hachioji were both pretty good, but another that I went to was kinda useless.

I need to check this out.

Found a non working NES today for $10 with 2 great controllers, a zapper and mario/dh

Changed a few caps, removed the lockout chip and cleaned the connector and we've got a working NES! I figured I should break it in with Castlevania and honestly it's looking quite good over composite on my shop pvm (1342q)!

After tightening the spring and giving it a fair go over the weekend, I've found the Hori Fightingstick PS is pretty decent. Definitely worth the price I paid for it. The buttons are a little cheap feeling, but other than that, it's a solid stick. I still prefer the Hori Fightingstick Neo.

I dunno, looks pretty good to me. I'm sure it will be hit and miss. Did you guys play Spelunky? I can't imagine Derek Yu putting out something with totally dogshit gameplay. Spelunky HD is a stone-cold master stroke and so I'm definitely willing to check out anything he does after that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I dunno, looks pretty good to me. I'm sure it will be hit and miss. Did you guys play Spelunky? I can't imagine Derek Yu putting out something with totally dogshit gameplay. Spelunky HD is a stone-cold master stroke and so I'm definitely willing to check out anything he does after that.

See, that's why it's conflicting. Spelunky was good, and this game clearly has the right people working on it. But... I find it hard to believe that it would have so many disparate types of gameplay and not feel like a hastily thrown together mess. I'd love to be wrong, because this could be really cool if they pull it off... but it strikes me as overambitious.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hate that the art on the new 3DS XL is upside down while it's sitting in the charging cradle.

D.Lo

yeah, honestly just seeing them honor Samus at all is cool
Exactly, I got the only other 'Metroid edition' console - the Gamecube Samus faceplate. 15 years ago and it was just a faceplate.

Of course had the regular (better) size New 3DS taken off this could have been released as a faceplate set too.

I really wish the XL had faceplates too but I really appreciate all the special editions. Makes them feel really special.

Would be a nightmare to collect if you were trying to get all of them though.

Laws00

So I broke my old gameboy headphones. Old ass headphones since I got my gameboy in 1990 or 1989

Japan is charging about $24 with tax and USA seller charging like $60+ wtf
B3t_DF1_MIc_AAvk_Hl.jpg

D.Lo

So I broke my old gameboy headphones. Old ass headphones since I got my gameboy in 1990 or 1989

B3t_DF1_MIc_AAvk_Hl.jpg
Wow, classic GB headphones. I used those for many years.

KC-Slater

it's...not their best one, not their worst

It's just a missed opportunity to do something really interesting design-wise, instead of grabbing two colours associated with Samus, and screening an illustration (using a single colour) on the front. So uninspired. I hate rewarding this kind of laziness.

B3t_DF1_MIc_AAvk_Hl.jpg

Pretty sure I still have mine. I also used them for many years. They were good back in the day. Modern earbuds blow them away now, though.

It's just a missed opportunity to do something really interesting design-wise, instead of grabbing two colours associated with Samus, and screening an illustration (using a single colour) on the front. So uninspired. I hate rewarding this kind of laziness.

I hate Nintendo and their lazy limited editions that sell out in seconds *hits f5 on amazon*

-Most Nintendo fans (me included)

D.Lo

true. I'm guessing simplistic stuff like this sells better than classy understated stuff though. See every American game cover art.

Top Bottom