• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

twdnewh_k

Anyone know of a place where you can buy canadian psn cards online and have it emailed to you ?
I already know about videogamesplus.ca.

Thanks

Kazerei

Banned
Someone already mentioned this on RFD but I think it's worth repeating here. Saturday is "get 20x the points when you spend $50+" at Shoppers Drug Mart, and they do carry PS Vita hardware, games, and accessories. Spend $250 => get 50,000 points => redeem for $85.

I'm planning to buy a Vita, and then a game, 8GB card, and some other basic necessities. It's better than the Future Shop deal, which offers $20 off a game and a 4GB card.

whitehawk

Banned
What? First I've heard of this. I don't see anything mentioned on their website, or Facebook. DETAILS PLEASE
1195 St. Clair Ave. W

Call their downtown location and ask about it if you don't believe it. It opened very recently, I only know because my friend was transferred there.

soultron

Banned
Random question about Fed-Ex tracking:

Does the online tracking tell you when it's on the truck?

I'm in Hamilton and it says the package has arrived at a Burlington FedEx facility. It's an important package and I don't want to miss it. It's 10AM right now and Ham-to-Burly is maybe 15 minutes (I know there will be other deliveries in there though) and I feel like from now until 12PM(est. time of delivery) is just too large of a window...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
1195 St. Clair Ave. W

Call their downtown location and ask about it if you don't believe it. It opened very recently, I only know because my friend was transferred there.

Nice. It's just weird they're not spamming it all over their site and Facebook account. I'm 'pretty close' so I'll have to head over this weekend and see what the selection is like.

cbox

Random question about Fed-Ex tracking:

Does the online tracking tell you when it's on the truck?

I'm in Hamilton and it says the package has arrived at a Burlington FedEx facility. It's an important package and I don't want to miss it. It's 10AM right now and Ham-to-Burly is maybe 15 minutes (I know there will be other deliveries in there though) and I feel like from now until 12PM(est. time of delivery) is just too large of a window...

USUALLY says "on truck for delivery." Drivers always go to the closest houses at the end of their shift.

Someone already mentioned this on RFD but I think it's worth repeating here. Saturday is "get 20x the points when you spend $50+" at Shoppers Drug Mart, and they do carry PS Vita hardware, games, and accessories. Spend $250 => get 50,000 points => redeem for $85.

I'm planning to buy a Vita, and then a game, 8GB card, and some other basic necessities. It's better than the Future Shop deal, which offers $20 off a game and a 4GB card.

20x for any product or just specific? I might bite on this. Will see if it works for anyone else first though.

EB has Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) on sale for the next few weeks for $49.99.

Probably still too much but a nice discount if you were looking to pick it up.

Also a few price drops on a few different games (Shadows of the Damned for $30, Alice for $30, Bulletstorm for $20, Crysis 2 for $30). SotD is a steal at $30.

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/weeklyad/default.aspx
SotD is going for $19.99 at BestBuy when I was there last night

whitehawk

Banned
So I just want to confirm. If I trade in Super Mario 3D land to EBGames (which is over $8 in TIV) then I will get $25 towards a purchase right?

They have a promotion for the VITA where you can trade in 4 games for $100, but if I'm not mistaken, you can trade just 1, or 2, or whatever number, and $8 gets bumped up to $25.

Am I correct?

IllumiNate

So I just want to confirm. If I trade in Super Mario 3D land to EBGames (which is over $8 in TIV) then I will get $25 towards a purchase right?

They have a promotion for the VITA where you can trade in 4 games for $100, but if I'm not mistaken, you can trade just 1, or 2, or whatever number, and $8 gets bumped up to $25.

Am I correct?

That's how I payed off 2 Wifi vitas

Quick

Banned
Thinking of doing that trade-in deal for a Vita, as well. But I'd like to see other options.

Are there any other Vita deals out there?

Thinking of doing that trade-in deal for a Vita, as well. But I'd like to see other options.

Well I traded in 7 loser games which got bumped up to $25 each at EB today and saved $175 on a Vita. $114 for a Vita and an 8gig card with tax. Promo ends Saturday.

whitehawk

Banned

Futureshop was giving away a memory card and $20 credit towards a game, but that was only on the 22nd and 23rd.

I have to go to EB though as I have $175 worth of gift cards.

schlew

Crap, it's $24.99 which disqualifies it for free shipping on its own by a goddamned penny. So much spite, Amazon!

edit: Ah damnit, I thought I'd refreshed. What'd you use for filler Kuro?

I just ordered mine from BestBuy for $24.99 as well. It's listed as 30, but if you preorder it you get $5 off. Free shipping for anything over $20.

CTE

Actually Rage and Deus Ex did qualify as of yesterday when I went in to ask the sales associate.

Not surprised. I'm in Winnipeg. The worst place in the country for game trades. We always get less. On top of that we can only trade 1 for 1. So that means one game per trade. We can't take 2 games and trade for 1. We can't stack credit.

Example: If I get 1 new game off the shelf and have 2 games to trade in I have to choose which game I want to trade for credit towards the new game. I can't trade in both towards the new game. Some city by-law they passed for pawn shops that also affects all used video game sales in the city.

Fuck, I hate this city and it's stupid by-laws. Can't wait to go back to BC.

Edit - If you look in the fine print of EVERY EB deal they say "Restrictions apply in Winnipeg". I'm leaving this thread. Just pissing me off at this point. Knowing all the good deals I miss out on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just ordered mine from BestBuy for $24.99 as well. It's listed as 30, but if you preorder it you get $5 off. Free shipping for anything over $20.
FS started getting in on the 5 dollar thing too, finally.
Of course, at BB you get the points I suppose.

RS4-

Only times I consider ordering from BB is when they're either cheaper or offer the 800 pts.

I'm waiting and hoping that SFxT is one of them.

Kazerei

Banned

I just bought it at SDM. Today only is 20x points.

First transaction I bought the Vita, received 50,000 points

Second transaction I bought an 8GB card, Hot Shots Golf, a few other things, and redeemed 50,000 points for $85 off

mrgone

Hey, about those Best Buy points - do you still have to print out coupons to use at a physical store, or can you use the codes online now?

Perfect! Thanks so much :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
the points are ridiculous. It's $1 a point, and it takes 400 pts to get a $5 off coupon.
Sure, but I've found that it ads up quickly, especially since you get twice the points on games. And since they're already giving 5 dollars off for pre-orders anyway... why not, I suppose.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sure, but I've found that it ads up quickly, especially since you get twice the points on games. And since they're already giving 5 dollars off for pre-orders anyway... why not, I suppose.
Plus I have other people use my account when they buy stuff. :)

ElNino

the points are ridiculous. It's $1 a point, and it takes 400 pts to get a $5 off coupon.
Yes, but I have got thousands of points from promos. I wouldn't shop there just for the points, but if it's the same deal as everywhere else I will. There used to be a glitch in the system as well where you could reuse the coupons, but I'm pretty sure they fixed that by now.

theRizzle

How often does FS/BB do this $50 console price drop?

I want to get one of the new 360s but probably won't get much of a chance to use it until May, so I am just wondering if I should pick it up now and leave it in storage until then, or just wait and hopefully get another deal closer to that time.

I just bought it at SDM. Today only is 20x points.

First transaction I bought the Vita, received 50,000 points

Second transaction I bought an 8GB card, Hot Shots Golf, a few other things, and redeemed 50,000 points for $85 off

So wait, how does this work. Can you bring the Vita to the register, they scan your card and then you asked them to apply the reward points discount on it and then you buy it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So wait, how does this work. Can you bring the Vita to the register, they scan your card and then you asked them to apply the reward points discount on it and then you buy it?
You get the bonus points automatically when you buy the Vita. Then you can use the points to get other stuff, or save them for whenever.

You get the bonus points automatically when you buy the Vita. Then you can use the points to get other stuff, or save them for whenever.

Yeah. You can't use it as a vita discount because you are earning the points on that very purchase. But you could buy it and then immediately turn around and blow the points on groceries or games or memory cards or whatever.

Can't find a vita in Montreal pharmaprix sadly or I'd be on board today. :/ Stores have games and MCs but no hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom