• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
There is am amazing deal on a Crucial M4 128 GB SSD going on right now on Amazon.ca. Even better if you price match it on futureshop.

It's worth a try. It didn't seem as swamped as other locations.

Went in around 4:30 and there was an RFD hoarder there with a basket of DS games. Looked like h swipped all the Pokemon off the shelves.

Not much left of the discounted accessories. Nothing of note at all. Lots of 75% off Halo: Reach, Castlevania and Splinter Cell. I managed to find a single copy of Last Remnant that cost me $7 for 360. Lots of selection though but not much that I wanted. Too bad God of War Origins collection wasn't discounted.

RFD really is the nadir of the internet. What a truly awful place full of disgusting children that spend all day running around looking for "turds" to exploit 2 or 3 for 1 trades. That places needs to die in a fire.

RFD really is the nadir of the internet. What a truly awful place full of disgusting children that spend all day running around looking for "turds" to exploit 2 or 3 for 1 trades. That places needs to die in a fire.

Back in the day it used to be great but now I Just want to see it die. He literally walked up to the DS section and started sliding the games off the shelf and into the basket. The employee didn't seem to give a shit either. When I worked retail I hated hoarders with a passion.

What really pissed me off is the copies of Catherine that he had. :/

Firestorm

And my E3 ME3 shipped! It's looking like it not being October/November Rush Period might be helping out a bit here!
Back in the day it used to be great but now I Just want to see it die. He literally walked up to the DS section and started sliding the games off the shelf and into the basket. The employee didn't seem to give a shit either. When I worked retail I hated hoarders with a passion.

What really pissed me off is the copies of Catherine that he had. :/
Yeah, I used to be very active back in the day. Now it's terrible.

Magnus

I just spied the MGS4 edition of Risk (which was apparently really limited in production quantity, right?) at Game Centre in Toronto (near Yonge/Bloor) for only $39.99. Looked new.

metal_gear_risk.jpg

Emailed FS.ca about me not getting $5 off my ME3 pre-order. They said since I already got a steelbook it's one promotion per order so I wasn't eligible for $5 off. Did anyone get both a steelbook shipped and $5 off?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's so funny.

ME3 regular edition shipped via Purolator.
ME3 CE shipped via Canada Post.

Their fulfilment center is still dumb.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Order Date: June 08, 2011, 08:31:26 (PST)

Mass Effect 3 (XBOX 360)
Item Status: Pre-Order

hyuck hyuck not shipped yet thanks future shop

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's so funny.

ME3 regular edition shipped via Purolator.
ME3 CE shipped via Canada Post.

Their fulfilment center is still dumb.
I assume you pre-ordered the regular edition during E3? Every order was locked in to using the Purolator during the Canada Post lockout.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume you pre-ordered the regular edition during E3? Every order was locked in to using the Purolator during the Canada Post lockout.
Yep, I know. It's dumb because they can't change it on their end even though the strike was long done.

Firestorm

I wish the steelbook was at BB, I don't want to preorder at FS :/ Maybe in a couple of days? Wasn't the original sale date for the steelbook March 10?
The Steelbooks are always Future Shop exclusive. Best Buy won't have them.

Edit: nvm, EB seems to have it too this time.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm sure they could, they probably just don't have it set up to do it automatically for the old orders.

Today when I called them to price match an SSD, their system crashed three times and I had to be transferred to three different customer service people to get it done. At this point, I'm sure their system runs on DOS or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sure they could, they probably just don't have it set up to do it automatically for the old orders.
Eh, I've called up FS twice. The people who work at FS have absolutely no control over what happens at the shipment centre and I guess the people who ship out packages have no power to make independent decisions like "hey, the strike was 8 months ago. Maybe we should go back to Canada Post". Ah, red tape.

Future Shop has seen a lot of success with them for movies and now is starting the program with games.
More stuff to thorw out later on, I suppose. lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today when I called them to price match an SSD, their system crashed three times and I had to be transferred to three different customer service people to get it done. At this point, I'm sure their system runs on DOS or something.
Nah, DOS was pretty solid. They probably run Windows ME.

soultron

Banned
Have you guys ever tried (nicely) asking a RFD'er if you could have a copy of one of the games you want to play? I'd just calmly ask, "Hey man, I see that you've already got 3 copies of Final Fantasy ICXACIISIFIF there, mind giving me one of those copies? I've really been dying to play that game and you took the last one. I'd really appreciate it."

I'm sure they'd give you a copy if you confronted them about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally got my E3 ME3 standard shipping notice. Will I still get the steelbook if I pre-ordered way back then from FS? If so, will they mail it separately or with the game?

RS4-

Have you guys ever tried (nicely) asking a RFD'er if you could have a copy of one of the games you want to play? I'd just calmly ask, "Hey man, I see that you've already got 3 copies of Final Fantasy ICXACIISIFIF there, mind giving me one of those copies? I've really been dying to play that game and you took the last one. I'd really appreciate it."

RFD users are scum. They'll do anything to save a dollar then flip it and make another 20

Maddog

You try it first and let us know if you survive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finally got my E3 ME3 standard shipping notice. Will I still get the steelbook if I pre-ordered way back then from FS? If so, will they mail it separately or with the game?
Nope. I remember the "controversy" with some other game and the steelbooks that came out last year... it might have been Gears 3?

Quick

Banned
The Steelbooks are always Future Shop exclusive. Best Buy won't have them.

Edit: nvm, EB seems to have it too this time.

I don't wanna pre-order from FS purely because they're not that close to my house. But good news on EB having it since they're close to me. Might have to pre-order soon, I want that Steelbook.

Would the Steelbook be given when the game comes out, or on release day? I could be mistaken, but I saw someone on the Pick-Up Thread with the Steelbook he pre-ordered from Best Buy in the US. Also, would the Steelbook be the same size as the PS3 case?

As much as I dislike the idea of Origin. It's certainly convenient to just have the game sitting on my hard drive instead of having to go to retail to pre order and pick it up.

Guesong

Meh...if it was not for the insane rebate from last E3, I'd have ditched FutureShop a while ago.

Street Fighter x Tekken coming out tommorow, still no news about shipment, and it's listed under the same package of Starcraft II-2 still in their website.

If I don't wake up tommorow with an e-mail saying it's been shipped, Imma be mad!

Shinyo

Neo Member
I wish the steelbook was at BB, I don't want to preorder at FS :/ Maybe in a couple of days? Wasn't the original sale date for the steelbook March 10?

According to the Best Buy GamersClub twitter account (https://twitter.com/#!/BBYC_GamersClub/status/176809133452967936), it looks like the steelbook will be available at BB on March 9th in stores as well. Looks like they're giving away 4 copies of Mass Effect 3 through their account as well.

Speaking of which... Got my shipping notice for my N7 Edition of Mass Effect 3 just now. Hope it arrives tomorrow.

for you guys that ordered mass effect from futureshop, does it say anywhere that the steelbook is included? mine doesn't even thought I ordered like a month ago..

TimeKillr

I just spied the MGS4 edition of Risk (which was apparently really limited in production quantity, right?) at Game Centre in Toronto (near Yonge/Bloor) for only $39.99. Looked new.

metal_gear_risk.jpg

Well, there's 2 versions of this.

The regular edition (pictured) that wasn't printed in "limited" quantities, the actual limited edition, which couldn't be purchased in Canada.

That's the regular edition. That's what it's worth. :)

Meh...if it was not for the insane rebate from last E3, I'd have ditched FutureShop a while ago.

Street Fighter x Tekken coming out tommorow, still no news about shipment, and it's listed under the same package of Starcraft II-2 still in their website.

If I don't wake up tommorow with an e-mail saying it's been shipped, Imma be mad!

I have a feelin we both gon' be mad

Firestorm

for you guys that ordered mass effect from futureshop, does it say anywhere that the steelbook is included? mine doesn't even thought I ordered like a month ago..

Yep. Its in the order details and my shipping email. Even though I got shipping emails for them they don't show as shipped in my account...

AlStrong

It's not in my email for the E3 shipment.

hm... In my experience with Futureshop.ca-specific pre-order bonuses, I still got the extra item despite pre-ordering before they mentioned it on the website. For instance, when I pre-ordered Reach, there was no mention of a free t-shirt, but I still got it in the mail anyway as a separate package (quite surprised) and it had a separate indent. When I pre-ordered Dead Space 2 during Christmas Eve 2010, there was no mention of the DVD bonus yet I still got it, also in a separate packaging and separate indent. In both cases, there's no electronic indent I can find in my profile for said bonus items. :p

So... crossing my fingers the same thing happens again with the steelbook for ME3. :)

edit: Oh and yes, the bonus items I got on previous occasions arrived at the same time (I was like wtf is the extra thing??).

Firestorm

You can't get the steelbook if you ordered before it was on the website. That's how they've done it for the other steelbooks. So if you ordered during E3, you won't get the steelbook.
I can only see on my phone right now, but what makes this such a good value? The transfer speed? Not too learned with external drives.

[Edit] ahh its a hard drive, not external...
Internal, but solid state drive. Not Hard Drive. It's loading speed rather than transfer speed really. So when you boot up for example, it's like everything starts up right away. Stuff installs faster too I think. Photoshop opens up in like 2 second it's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jsHpNkDQn0

8 mins on HDD vs 1 min on SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom