• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: L.A Noire Remaster Coming to Nintendo Switch says Rockstar Leaker (Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If true I would would buy it as I had been meaning to buy the game but never got round to it.

You guys had your chance.

An exclusive GTA game who took advantage of the DS and had a very good marketing campaign behind it.

It bombed.

It bombed because it was a top down 2D GTA games, they don't play the same as the 3D ones.

I don't necessarily care about this game or Skyrim, but I am actually all for porting older console games to Switch because having those games in portable form is just really neat. I could come up with a huge list of last gen games that I'd rebuy just to be able to play them anywhere. I'd be fine if it became a trend.

On the subject of 2011, by the way, note that the Wii U received Deus Ex: HR, Mass Effect 3, and Arkham City/Origins, suggesting that the third-party support is actually inching back in time.

I was vaguely interested in this game back in the day, in an "I don't have any non-Nintendo consoles" sort of way, but I didn't know until now that people HATED it so much. Geez.

udivision

Well it's not morally, we give no fucks about them on that level.

Boberman?

Apparently we have to send a message to Konami about "good games" or something... there was a thread about it last week. "Something something $50 is a good price,man up."

Sizzel

wow...why? I mean I suppose support is good even if it is a mediocre(IMO) game from forever ago that is cheap to really cheap. Would have been better received if it was Bully methinks. Any support is good support and Rockstar generally does right so should be a great version of the game.

foppy79

image.php

I made this account at the height of the nx rumor mill, and I chose my avatar for such reason. This will most likely the most apt use of it I will ever get.
It's fucking real, isn't it? Because I'd still buy it if it had the dlc.

Reallink

So I guess we can officially say Switch is going to be almost exclusively sparse 1st party offering and a shit ton of random PS360 side-grade ports. Must be relatively easy getting the old PC releases running on it.

lenovox1

That is an incredibly odd pairing...

From a market research standpoint, it would make sense:

Nintendo's audience is a little younger, female, and like adventure and action adventure games (think Zelda and Mario). With the right marketing, this could easily be aimed at the Professor Layton crowd.

This rumor has zero credibility, though, so it's best if we "wait and see."

If this was a rumour that is was coming out on PS4, the posts in this thread would be full of 'day 1's.

People say that the line up for the Switch is terrible, but also ask why LA Nior would be produced for it.

I don't get it.

Doctre81

If this was a rumour that is was coming out on PS4, the posts in this thread would be full of 'day 1's.

People say that the line up for the Switch is terrible, but also ask why LA Nior would be produced for it.

I don't get it.

Well apparently it is coming to ps4 and xbox one too.

oti

Banned
wow...why? I mean I suppose support is good even if it is a mediocre(IMO) game from forever ago that is cheap to really cheap. Would have been better received if it was Bully methinks. Any support is good support and Rockstar generally does right so should be a great version of the game.

Nintendo to R*: We want your games. Give us GTA.
R*: Nope.
Nintendo:... What else do you have?
R*: LA Noire Remastered is coming up.
Nintendo:... OK. We want a port.
R*: Pay for it.
Nintendo: OK.

Done.

CronoShot

Why not GTAV?

- It was MUCH better received than LA Noire, both by critics and by general opinion
- It sold much, much better
- It continues to sell bucketloads even today
- It would be a better "test" of whether or not Rockstar's games might have an audience on Switch
- Porting it to Switch shouldn't be much more difficult than porting LA Noire (both are last gen games at heart)

This really makes no sense. It's like if Bethesda had decided to port Rage instead of Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom