• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

Pathetic in the sense that I get annoying/distraught by any news I hear about that studio. I'm also salty about how bad Other M was.

Yea, you can all laugh, hahaha breast physics, but seriously. How is this even news-worthy?

People are right, with devs like this that pander to obscene things, this industry will never grow up.

Yeah, let's ban these games. Then we'll ban books with sex that you deem perverse. Movies with perverse sex. TV shows with sex. Then we'll all truly be grown ups, right?

Skilletor

I have been keeping up with it, as well as Tekken (I loved reading that breakdown on IGN a few days ago, Kokoro I think it was). And yea, you're right, they do more then just talk about breasts. I just don't see why it's necessary at all.

Clearly you are more dedicated then I am to this series.

But it doesn't matter, because the rest of this thread is going to BAWWWW at me anyways for not liking a specific thing.

Agreed.

Next time don't say something like, "the devs imply we play this game for boobs," when clearly this is not the case. Just because that's the news you notice doesn't mean that's all the news there is.

Oersted

I said this industry will probably never grow up. You said
men of all ages loves boobs hell even woman so not sure what you're getting at.
. You basically delivered the reason why this company probably will never grow up.

But to make it more understandable for you:

Almost every console is black.
men of all ages love black hell even woman so not sure what you're getting at.

I think you will get the point. Its not a good way to deny it.

And yes, seing in women nothing more than breast bouncing-features is a sign of not growing up. Believe it or not.

apana

Not if they consent?

I'm not sure about Japanese laws but someone could argue that consent can not really present in a situation like this. This is certainly something that wouldn't fly in the US, at least I don't think it would. I presume, however, that they are mostly joking. Maybe it was like one person. Maybe they meant something other than what it sounded like. If someone at Nintendo said something like this there would be serious hell to pay. It's Team Ninja so most people won't pay attention.

I like this pic of Yosuke Hayashi even more now:

Hayashi4_thm200.jpg

Shinta

Banned
I think nobody said "ban", just awareness about the issue.¿?

It's not about awareness though. It's about shaming consumers and developers until they no longer make it. It's trying to demonize sexuality so that people censor themselves. An official ban never happens, but it's the exact same end result.

Your definition of sexism was off, because nothing about this is actually sexist. It's sexual. As I said in my first post, straight male sexuality is now considered sexist. This is just stretching the term beyond the point of meaninglessness. Save sexism for clear cut cases of discrimination, like specifically not hiring an otherwise equally qualified employee because of their sex.

Endo Punk

When you have conquered level desgin, character models, online play and animation in the fighting genre there is only one thing left.....
BEWBS!

Oersted

Yeah, let's ban these games. Then we'll ban books with sex that you deem perverse. Movies with perverse sex. TV shows with sex. Then we'll all truly be grown ups, right?

Relativization is not a good to deny something. And yes, I dont support the demand of banning games. Its their right to be stupid. And our right to say they are stupid. Get used to it.

Too stiff for breasts of that size. All that research for nothing! Fucking Team Ninja.

I can't for the life of me find it, but the other day I saw a video of someone zooming in with slow motion on Lei-Fangs boobs when she done her victory pose. I'm being dead serious when I say the boob physics were genuinely impressive.....

Now on a more serious note. Some of you guys need to chill. I buy Dead or Alive for the great fighting system, the sexy cast with nice bodies (and quite possibly the best character models I've ever seen in a game) is simply a bonus for me.

Astery

I said this industry will probably never grow up. You said . You basically delivered the reason why this company probably will never grow up.

And yes, seing in women nothing more than breast bouncing-features is a sign of not growing up. Believe it or not.

We should be allowed to have diversity, especially in this medium. It's not like every video game females are sluts or whatever you are trying to imply. Even major TV commercials have more bikini/ hot chicks trying to sell you stuff with sex appeal than ever, I don't see many people complain about TV will never grow up or anything. Just chill and relax sometimes. DOA is always famous for breast physics for better or worse, if they are going to make a new game wo them, they are better off with a new ip imo.

I think nobody said "ban", just awareness about the issue.

He/she isn't preaching awareness. They're claiming the "industry will never grow up". The gaming industry. The video gaming industry will never "grow up". Does that mean literature and film aren't grown up either? There's some highly suggestive stuff in both of those industries. Good god.

It isn't sexism to work on breast physics. Women have breasts and they move.

In my case, it was less about the boobs and more about this quote:

Responding to a question: "what would you say to those people who think that the bikini-clad babes in DOA5 are sexist," Hayashi said that all the team wanted to do was create "the cutest chicks in videogames," and he feels DOA5 achieves that.

Is just... UGH.

I don't mind DOA in general, but that answer was to much.

It seems less about "I don't give a fuck"and more like being totally clueless.

Persona86

Banned
Nothing wrong with making sexy women. I don't see how it's sexist. Men like women, WOMEN like women (I'm talking about non lesbian women) Also the men in these games have what many women would call sexy bodies. So it's not a one way street.

And women can't really judge men for this, yes it's natural for men to like sexy women, but have you seen how women react to their favourite "sexy" male celebrities? they can be WAY worse than men. When was the last time you saw a man SCREAM and faint over a woman going on stage? Women are the best at idol worshiping a man, and they contantly share rude comments about the men's ass, and how she wants his babies etc

I love watching korean dramas, but do you know how many of the comments I read about these shows are from women who constantly talk about how hot the guy is etc instead of the story?

Somebody said Team Ninja is pathetic for this, but IMO you should let people enjoy what they want to enjoy and focus on what YOU enjoy. Because all humans (not just men/not just women) are guilty of something another human may find pathetic....

OK rant over! haha

XeroSauce

He/she isn't preaching awareness. They're claiming the "industry will never grow up". The gaming industry. The video gaming industry will never "grow up". Does that mean literature and film aren't grown up either? There's some highly suggestive stuff in both of those industries. Good god.

There are other ways to be suggestive and I never brought up any other industries, or banning in any sense, nor did I insult the game itself.

I don't know why you're trying to pick a fight about this.

There are other ways to be suggestive and I never brought up any other industries, or banning in any sense, nor did I insult the game itself.

I don't know why you're trying to pick a fight about this.

Because your assertion that the gaming industry "cant grow up" as long as a game like this exists is stupid. There's an audience for it. It's not me. It's not you. But there's an audience. No reason not to provide what they want. Just like every single other form of media/entertainment offers. The fact that there's something for almost everyone is the sign that the industry is "growing up".

Valnen

I'm not sure about Japanese laws but someone could argue that consent can not really present in a situation like this. This is certainly something that wouldn't fly in the US, at least I don't think it would. I presume, however, that they are mostly joking. Maybe it was like one person. Maybe they meant something other than what it sounded like. If someone at Nintendo said something like this there would be serious hell to pay. It's Team Ninja so most people won't pay attention.

I like this pic of Yosuke Hayashi even more now:

Hayashi4_thm200.jpg

I imagine in order for anyone to get in trouble the woman in question would have to actually press charges or complain?

XeroSauce

Because your assertion that the gaming industry "cant grow up" as long as a game like this exists is stupid. There's an audience for it. It's not me. It's not you. But there's an audience. No reason not to provide what they want. Just like every single other form of media/entertainment offers. The fact that there's something for almost everyone is the sign that the industry is "growing up".

I'm not going after the game itself, there are games out there way worse then this shit, I don't like the developers.

Yea, you can argue that any game has an audience, sure. I'm not disagreeing with that.

Oersted

We should be allowed to have diversity, especially in this medium. It's not like every video game females are sluts or whatever you are trying to imply. Even major TV commercials have more bikini/ hot chicks trying to sell you stuff with sex appeal than ever, I don't see many people complain about TV will never grow up or anything. Just chill and relax sometimes. DOA is always famous for breast physics for better or worse, if they are going to make a new game wo them, they are better off with a new ip imo.

People complain about sexism in every industry when it happens. Get used to it. The difference is, the other industries already grow up. Or are you tryin to deny that are way more characters with depth within the tv, book and movie industry? Especially the female ones. Breast bouncing features are not changing that for good.

"Yeah, we can totally feel up our female coworkers and they don't even mind. Heck, we can even brag about it. By the way, how's Devil's Third coming along with THQ? Oh, seriously? No, I had no idea. Really. *snicker*"

Pimpbaa

People complain about sexism in every industry when it happens. Get used to it. The difference is, the other industries already grow up. Or are you tryin to deny that are way more characters with depth within the tv, book and movie industry? Especially the female ones. Breast bouncing features are not changing that for good.

Wait, michael bay is not making movies anymore?

Oersted

Wait, michael bay is not making movies anymore?

People complain about sexism in every industry when it happens. They complain about sexism in Bay movies. Are you really tryin to deny that there are way more characters with depth within the tv, book and movie industry? Breast bouncing features are not changing that.

Astery

So.... it's ok for grown up industries to have characters that sell you more by sex appealing but not for video games...because the industry is not grown up. In fact, we should eliminate them or else it won't grow.

When is a industry considered grown up? seems like it's all based on your own opinions to decide that.

Pimpbaa

People complain about sexism in every industry when it happens. They complain about sexism in Bay movies. Are you really tryin to deny that there are way more characters with depth within the tv, book and movie industry? Breast bouncing features are not changing that.

Are you trying to say the movie or tv industry is improving? Do you know what the most popular tv shows or movies are? Also why would breasts bouncing change anything? It's just DOA being DOA. Complaining doesn't change anything either, it just makes you annoying to normal people who don't give a shit.

Esura

Banned
Pathetic in the sense that I get annoying/distraught by any news I hear about that studio. I'm also salty about how bad Other M was.

Yea, you can all laugh, hahaha breast physics, but seriously. How is this even news-worthy?

People are right, with devs like this that pander to obscene things, this industry will never grow up.

And if growing up means getting rid of developers who cater to what I like, then I hope this industry never will.

Also, it's news worthy because its about busoms. Anything related to that is news worthy.

Oersted

So.... it's ok for grown up industries to have characters that sell you more by sex appealing but not for video games...
Never said that.

In fact, we should eliminate them or else it won't.
Never said that. I said
I dont support the demand of banning games. Its their right to be stupid. And our right to say they are stupid. Get used to it.
Are trying to make things up to escape from the fact, that our industry and this game especially, has a sexist approach towards women?

When is a industry considered grown up? seems like it's all based on your own opinions to decide that.
Did you ever read a book? Did you ever see a movie? Did you realize that there are way more characters with depth within the tv, book and movie industry? Especially the female ones. No? Well, then we get why
seems like it's all based on your own opinions to decide that.
seems plausible for you.

Top Bottom