• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

ld3xzL9.jpg

sn4lV9X.jpg

Kinda dig the Shocker design, but it's hard to tell how it will look on screen. The finer details mean a lot, that's a toy box cover.

Or maybe all the fake spoilers from those damn lego sets have made me cynical.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe Moon Knight's actually in the movie, but I really think I need that toy.

It is the comic book version of Moon Knight. There's also comic versions of Tombstone and Cosmic Spider-Man in that figure wave. Marvel Legends waves with movie figures are always split with comic book figures.

Just got back into Shield, just saw Hunter and Bobbi say their goodbyes. I was so turned off by Arrow that I just said fuckit to all Comic Book Shows. Fuck the CW and it's forced romances, cheesy dialogue, lackluster storylines and low budgets.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just got back into Shield, just saw Hunter and Bobbi say their goodbyes. I was so turned off by Arrow that I just said fuckit to all Comic Book Shows. Fuck the CW and it's forced romances, cheesy dialogue, lackluster storylines and low budgets.

The second half of season 3 is overall very shaky but that scene is so damn good.

Just wait until you hit season 4 though. Non-stop awesome.

The second half of season 3 is overall very shaky but that scene is so damn good.

Just wait until you hit season 4 though. Non-stop awesome.

Legit, I've never been a fan of Hunter, I thought Bobbi was way too good for him. But when he said "It's a Spy's goodbye and then you see the gang" I almost lost it...but seeing Mack just look so destroyed, it got me. That's what got me back into this show. The emotional gut punches and the fact that the show takes itself seriously with quality writing. Gets to me.

TDLink

Arrow got mediocre/bad but The Flash is really good. I think what the CW is doing is admirable. It's like the MCU in a lot of ways but on TV. And they're actually connected/referential to eachother/have crossovers. Unlike the MCU TV stuff which is essentially completely disconnected and yet still in-universe so not allowed to have their own versions of the characters the movies use.

Other than general Marvel vs DC stupidity, I don't understand people who like the MCU but despise what is going on with the CW DC shows. They're not perfect, but for what they are doing on a broadcast network budget, they're pretty impressive. And True to the comics.

BLACKLAC

Depends on the approach imo. If they go the Seinfeld+Black Mirror direction I don't think they will ever have a problem with fatigue.

TDLink

I think 3 a year will be fine. They're being spaced appropriately. And it's not like Guardians 2 is at all similar to Spider-Man Homecoming even though they're only 2 months apart.

Let's wait until we've actually gotten through this year and see how we feel though, considering it's the first time we'll actually have three in one year.

Neoxon

I think 3 a year will be fine. They're being spaced appropriately. And it's not like Guardians 2 is at all similar to Spider-Man Homecoming even though they're only 2 months apart.

Let's wait until we've actually gotten through this year and see how we feel though, considering it's the first time we'll actually have three in one year.
Plus we get a bunch of MCU shows in between to keep us satisfied in the meantime. We'll be fine.

Imagine ourselves a few years ago worrying about there being just 3 MCU films & a bunch of shows.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Cross posting from the DC movie thread...

So I was really bored tonight and made a spread sheet of all the comic book movies since Superman in 78...

I have their Rotten Tomato score and average as well as the RT Top Critic score and average, year released, domestic and world wide gross.

It's pretty interesting to see how some movies fared that you fondly remember

Comic Book Movie Spread Sheet

If I've overlooked a movie, let me know and I'll add it. Or if there's another category you'd like to see added.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thats great. I would like some filters like "Spider-Man Movies" or "DCEU-Movies" or "Batman Movies that take place in the DCEU", which would show you the Average Scores or Boxofice Money fir these categories.
But you dont need to do these, its an insane amount of work, but it would be pretty cool :D

TDLink

Keep in mind with old, pre-Internet, films RT is always a bit skewed considering it's pulling from material before RT existed and not necessarily as comprehensive, which tends to give a film a higher positive or lower negative score (depending on general reception) then it might have otherwise had.

Fatigue gonna kick in brehs, 3 a year isn't sustainable to me. Marvel needs to take a year or two off, and let audiences catch their breath.
I agree.

3 a year is going to take its toll and I think Phase 4 should go back to a 1-2 a year schedule to make sure audiences get back to a state of wanting Marvel movies and not getting saturated with them.

They should really change things up for phase 4. We will have had the whole big bad and everyone from every movie reaming up to beat them done in Infinity War, and doing that again is just... boring.

Personally, I want more standalone stories (but still have some crossovers between them). Lay off the whole overarching plot for a while and just let the characters play with one-off stuff.

BLACKLAC

They should really change things up for phase 4. We will have had the whole big bad and everyone from every movie reaming up to beat them done in Infinity War, and doing that again is just... boring.

Personally, I want more standalone stories (but still have some crossovers between them). Lay off the whole overarching plot for a while and just let the characters play with one-off stuff.

Feige has pretty much said just that.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Thats great. I would like some filters like "Spider-Man Movies" or "DCEU-Movies" or "Batman Movies that take place in the DCEU", which would show you the Average Scores or Boxofice Money fir these categories.
But you dont need to do these, its an insane amount of work, but it would be pretty cool :D
Thanks, yeah I was planning on adding filters so you can get some cool comparisons and breakdowns via different categories.

Keep in mind with old, pre-Internet, films RT is always a bit skewed considering it's pulling from material before RT existed and not necessarily as comprehensive, which tends to give a film a higher positive or lower negative score (depending on general reception) then it might have otherwise had.
Yeah, I noticed as I was entering in the information for the older movies, some only had like 15 reviews and I didn't really look at where from, so I don't know how legit they are. I might add an IMDB user score and Metacrtiic score column as well.

AMUSIX

Cross posting from the DC movie thread...

So I was really bored tonight and made a spread sheet of all the comic book movies since Superman in 78...

I have their Rotten Tomato score and average as well as the RT Top Critic score and average, year released, domestic and world wide gross.

It's pretty interesting to see how some movies fared that you fondly remember

Comic Book Movie Spread Sheet

If I've overlooked a movie, let me know and I'll add it. Or if there's another category you'd like to see added.
Not sure if you want to, but perhaps consider changing this from "comic book movies" to "superhero movies"? It would remove things like Sin City and Red, and add things in like Darkman, Unbreakable, The Incredibles, Sky High, and Hancock.

Problem with comic book movies is that you have to draw the line somewhere...otherwise movies like American Splendor, Art School Confidential, Bulletproof Monk, Casper, Diary of a Teenage Girl, From Hell, I Frankenstein, Monkeybone, Road to Perdition, Timecop, and Weird Science are all based on comic books.

Oh, and either way, you're missing Mystery Men

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if you want to, but perhaps consider changing this from "comic book movies" to "superhero movies"? It would remove things like Sin City and Red, and add things in like Darkman, Unbreakable, The Incredibles, Sky High, and Hancock.

Problem with comic book movies is that you have to draw the line somewhere...otherwise movies like American Splendor, Art School Confidential, Bulletproof Monk, Casper, Diary of a Teenage Girl, From Hell, I Frankenstein, Monkeybone, Road to Perdition, Timecop, and Weird Science are all based on comic books.

Oh, and either way, you're missing Mystery Men
Good points. I thought about that when making the list, but it is a weird line. I think in my back of my head I wanted to keep it more "comic-booky" with what people would immediately think of when they think "comic book movies". That may require a culling out of Ghost World, From Hell, Red, and a few others, but I'd leave in Sin City and add Mystery Men.

mreddie

Soulmate-Hingga-Jannah-Raja-Ilya.jpg

A newcomer has joined the ranks of Marvel Studios actors: Malaysian actor Raja Ilya. The 31-year-old actor revealed her involvement in a Marvel movie earlier this month at a press conference for her upcoming film “Soulmate Hingga Jannah.” Ilya didn’t name her role, nor did she reveal which Marvel movie she’s involved with.

“I can’t get any accurate shooting location for now,” Ilya told star2.com. “I’ve just been informed to fly to Hollywood by the end of the year for role selection and for which Marvel title (I would be involved in).”

Vibranium

Banned
My biggest wish for GotG2 Volume 2 would be Quill finding the helmet from the DnA run. I want him to wear it so badly, just a tease at the ending would be amazing. Will blindly hope it appears in GotG3 or something, it's so dumb how Marvel costume design thought it would make him a look like a bad guy given that Chris Pratt gets tons of face time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom