• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 System Software 4.05 released

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
FcNhhvd.gif

Fuck me

Askia47

My ps4 turns on to black screen now. It's stable, tho.

How do you reset or safe mode this thing?

Same here, my screen is black after the update and I've tried multiple times to turn it off and on. No success yet. Hopefully it isn't bricked.

Crayon

Hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.

I tried a few times but it doesn't beep twice like a double beep. It does beep once, then I continue to hole and it beeps again, the status light appears to go white. But I still have a black screen. Is there another method?

Con_Smith

Banned
Had an issue with the QUALITY last night. UI was slow, apps wouldnt launch properly and Vue was lagging/not functioning correctly. Had to rebuild my database and run a network check for everything to go back to normal. Just a heads up if anyone has the same.

I am crying with laughter from this thread. I saw it on page one and said 'Really, four pages? I read the patch notes last night wtf is going on?' THANK you GAF

Hag

So uh its not safe to update? I'm seeing a lot of black screen shit and apps not working posts here

breakfuss

I think this fixed the "What's New" section. Mine hadn't updated in months but now it's a steady stream of current activity.

PaulLFC

Looks like there's a bug with downloads.

Pausing them mid-way and then resuming will set it back to "Preparing to download" instead of just continuing like it would previously. Restarts the entire download too. Highly annoying.

Farseer M

Neo Member
Hi,
I'm confused a little, Did the release of this firmware caused problems or not? I've not updated the firmware yet, it is safe to do it?

Con_Smith

Banned
Hi,
I'm confused a little, Did the release of this firmware caused problems or not? I've not updated the firmware yet, it is safe to do it?

I had lag issues in the UI and Vue. Also my dynamic theme would play past launching an app longer then it should. Went to safe mode and rebuilt the database, then refreshed the network to get Vue situated. After that it's been super slick with no issues. You may not have this problem but here's some tips if you do.

Top Bottom