• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I feel like it wouldn't be a GB thread without the occasional Patrick/Alex/Kessler hate. lol
Didn't Kessler get fired?

If you sit next to Pat and it end up being you who everyone rags on, that's got to sting.
Sitting next to a likable guy and comedy genius like Patrick, there's no way for Alex to win.

They should've seated him next to Ryan or something so they could be obnoxious together.

Megasoum

Banned
I thought all interns were just let go, or said goodbye to, what ever the phrase is to drop someone that does not get paid, when they moved to CBS

I'm pretty sure the interns were paid minimum wage. They said so a couple of times. And yeah they just stopped having interns at some point. Most of them were going back to school I guess anyway.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Patrick is interesting and brings a different perspective/role to the site. It is a good thing that he is with the site and on the podcast. He has his problems; he can be a bit subservient to the opinions of Jeff and Ryan, and he possesses the irritating habit of making his point and rather than providing further elucidation, he repeats the initial point with different phrasing. But as I said, I still enjoy his presence on the site. Every member of Giant Bomb* have their own idiosyncracies and annoying habits, but I guess that is true of everyone, but with the site it is only a one-way experience.

*Except Vinny

Patrick is one of the few people in the industry who seems like he genuinely cares and puts effort into stories. To compare him to Kotaku in any way is completely wrong.

I'm pretty sure the interns were paid minimum wage. They said so a couple of times. And yeah they just stopped having interns at some point. Most of them were going back to school I guess anyway.

Yeah, most left when they went back to school but I think they were hoping to come back this summer prior to the buyout (Ben mentioned it in a fighting game thread a while back)

obonicus

Is it just because "fired" is such an ugly word? I admit it does feel sort of shitty to shit on someone like that, and I do try to avoid it or make it as non-shitty as possible when I do partake, but I hate being phony even more.

So being phony is better than being an asshole? That is, if it's even phony to realize that just because you dislike something doesn't mean that it should be changed to suit your whims.

I would enjoy the site more if he were to be replaced with, say, Shane Bettenhausen. Or Matt Rorie. Or Jeff Green. Or lots of people.

And I would enjoy the site more if Jeff wore his Soviet hockey jersey more, but I realize that some crazy people are deeply offended by that so I'm okay if he doesn't.

Haunted

I would enjoy the site more if he were to be replaced with, say, Shane Bettenhausen
sztvsw-1.gif

Haunted

Ryan
"And there's a new update to Xbox live--"

Shane
"Does it make it free... oh have you heard about that new 1st party Sony game? let's talk about that."
iVUp53POkcr5P.gif

Some of the Mark/Ryan/Luke/Shane exchanges were awesome.

I'm sure it's been mentioned often before, but I consider GB to be the inofficial successor to 1up in terms of personality-driven games journalism.

Wishing someone to be fired is some truly hateful shit. Obviously, firings are necessary sometimes and some people deserve to lose their job but hoping someone has to deal with unemployment in the current job market because you're not a fan of their personality is beyond petty.

see5harp

He's also back living in the bay area again. I never disliked Shane I just found his unwavering opinion of Sony, even in those dark dark first years of ps3 to be hilarious.

Dragon

Banned
If you're above the age of 11 and you really think websites are biased towards a console manufacturer, you should probably just kill yourself.

You're going to call another poster's maturity into question and then follow it up with: "you should probably just kill yourself". Good joke.

The GiantBomb people are biased towards 360 and that's fine. They play more 360 games and largely ignore PSN except for big releases. It's okay to call a spade a spade.

DaBuddaDa

The GiantBomb people are biased towards 360 and that's fine. They play more 360 games and largely ignore PSN except for big releases. It's okay to call a spade a spade.

Might as well call the entire video game industry biased toward the Xbox 360 too then, considering that's the console they send review copies out for 9 times out of 10.

Dragon

Banned
Might as well call the entire video game industry biased toward the Xbox 360 too then, considering that's the console they send review copies out for 9 times out of 10.

Most multi-platform games look better on the 360, makes sense for publishers to do so. That doesn't contradict my point about PSN in the slightest though.

see5harp

Most multi-platform games look better on the 360, makes sense for publishers to do so. That doesn't contradict my point about PSN in the slightest though.

I think PSN does get ignored to some degree but I'm not sure whether it has everything to do with their preferences. I mean they didn't even play Joe Danger. On the other hand games like Closure hardly even get interest on a large site of hardcore gamers like Gaf. Its hard to know whether they are just covering stuff people want to see or whether them not giving coverage is shaping their audiences opinions. I took the time to actually play the demo for closure and it was not interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom