• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone agree with this ?

i-5SpGRMQ-X2.jpg

I can certainly see his point. I had four GW2 pre-purchase cancels after the beta. Each one said "It's not fun to play."

How did everyone feel about the waypoint system?

One thing I've loved about MMOs is the sheer scale, having to take time to travel, etc. It might be annoying to realize you have to travel so far to get to a specific place, but it added to the immersion.

I can understand the appeal of the waypoints, and it was neat zipping around, but it did take away that sense of scale and made everything feel like it was just a load screen away, instead of a vast distance.

I loved the travel aspect. Though I think there need to be more waypoints. Not many more I just think there needs to be major ones that are marked on the maps and then there needs to be less major ones that aren't mapped so it would reward people for going out of their ways to find them. Maybe also have them be more expensive or something if they're closer to what people would want to go to.

I get what you're saying with the load screens though, at one point I felt like I was using it too much. Especcially in cities, if I needed something I would jump on the waypoint because they were free. It's definitely a give and take, but it beats flightpaths anyday.

Anyone agree with this ?

i-5SpGRMQ-X2.jpg

Eh, to each their own I guess. I absolutely hated TOR, never cared about a big personal story in my MMO, and that certainly wouldn't be a draw to one for me. Also GW2 has a personal story and most people seemed to like it, I didn't get too far so I don't really know. But Tera I found boring as all hell.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone agree with this ?

i-5SpGRMQ-X2.jpg
Well I thought it was a blast to play at its core, especially with gamepad control and learning WvW. But I think that's a pretty funny comic. Wish he'd expanded it into The Exiled Realm of Arborea Wars of the Old Republic 2 for maximum ridiculousness
KuGsj.gif

I can certainly see his point. I had four GW2 pre-purchase cancels after the beta. Each one said "It's not fun to play."
I'm sorry; you can get your money back for a pre-purchase even after registering and playing the beta?

Jira

How did everyone feel about the waypoint system?

One thing I've loved about MMOs is the sheer scale, having to take time to travel, etc. It might be annoying to realize you have to travel so far to get to a specific place, but it added to the immersion.

I can understand the appeal of the waypoints, and it was neat zipping around, but it did take away that sense of scale and made everything feel like it was just a load screen away, instead of a vast distance.

I love the waypoint system as it allows you to get to exactly where you want when you want and you just head out from there. I wasn't going from one waypoint to the next, I'd really only use them to go from a city into a zone or vice versa and from there I'd head out and explore. The world is absolutely massive and it's staggering to think that in 40 hours time I didn't see everything in Queensdale.

Anyone agree with this ?

i-5SpGRMQ-X2.jpg

If I'm not mistaken he's well known to like grindy Korean games, but anyways, the combat in GW2 is head and shoulders above any combat system I've encountered in any other MMO and I've played A LOT of them. There wasn't a moment I wasn't having fun in my 40 hours and I barely scratched the surface. Using your skills needs to feel good and this is something most MMOs actually fail at, but GW2 has absolutely nailed this. Running in and doing an AoE knockback feels SO DAMN GOOD and it never gets old. In general they've just nailed combat with a system that feels fluid and responsive that gives immediate feedback on what you just did to a mob/player. Him saying GW2 isn't fun is obviously a personal preference and not everyone will like the direction ANet has went in their design, but it's not one I agree with at all.

Jira

PvP feedback from one of the lead PvP devs:

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.”
– Albert Einstein

Hey guys!

I’d like to start off by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking time out of your lives to play GW2 and give us feedback. You gave up the most valuable resource you have on this planet – your time. Due to that, I wanted to give you guys some of my time to show how much we appreciate your feedback and criticisms. Rather than posting individually to your multitudes of concerns, I tried to consolidate them into broad categories, and respond to them all here. I’ll do my best to try to cover as many issues as quickly as possible.

Feedback

We may not have time to reply to every thread (some of these, as you guys know, are many pages long), but we do read them all. We have many people (other designers, programmers, QA, artists) who read the forums, and we bounce emails around internally to talk about issues and ways to fix them. So even if you don’t see responses, please know that we’re reading your feedback and taking it into consideration! I get many messages/emails/people walking by my desk who say, “Hey Chap, did you see X thread? They had some good points.” Even if I can’t respond to everything in the PvP forums, please know that I still greatly appreciate your feedback!

Conquest as our only game type at launch:

We feel that Conquest will be just fine as our only game type at ship! It does a lot of things for us, and I’ll talk more about this in the esport section. But quickly, conquest allows new players to quickly understand how they can help their team. It also creates great tension that’s easy to follow for spectators/announcers. Our scoring system makes it very easy for observers to follow – with a quick glance up at the score screen, you know how close the game is.
The secondary mechanics really change the flow/feel of the map. Our maps all have different strategies/builds that work well on them, and we feel that the secondary/layout really show what conquest is – a strong backbone for our competitive play.

Organized pvp/playing with party:

I think a lot of people are enjoying our PvP, especially people who are new to PvP in general, or new to Guild Wars PvP. This is great! This weekend was a great test for us, and showed that it’s pretty welcoming to new players. But what else is there to the game type? This is where organized play/playing with organized teams/using voice communication/tournaments come in. Keep in mind that this weekend allowed you to join games and play with random teams in order to learn the game. Down the road you’ll be able to play in organized 5on5 squads, and that’s where the game will become deeper and more complex. You’ll need to start thinking about 5 person builds, class synergies, battlefield tactics, controlling secondary objectives and conquest points, etc. The game really changes when you start to play in a 5 person organized team vs. an opposing 5 person organized team. We want both to be fun! I’ll talk about this more in the Esport section.

Tournaments:

Tournaments will allow you to play with an organized 5 person team and see your results as you make your way through a tournament! We didn’t show them this weekend, but they’re something we think a lot of you will really enjoy. Sit tight, they’re coming!

Balance:

First off, balance is not yet final. A lot of us played with you this weekend (even if you didn’t know we were there) and many of us know how to deal with some situations that may not be salient to our newer players. The game is still evolving, even on a daily basis. Things are being added/tweaked/fixed/iterated upon EVERY DAY, and due to that, the game is still in flux. Let’s give an example – the Thief.
Thief. I saw a ton of posts this weekend about the Thief being OP (overpowered) and imba (imbalanced). The Thief can be very strong in some 1on1 matchups, and is weak in others. The Thief is also great in some team compositions, and very weak in others. We’ll keep an eye on Thief balance, but overall they are pretty balanced in the grand scope of things. There are many great Thieves in the office who still run from other classes if they’re well played. Once you learn how the Thief works, you learn how to counter them. As your knowledge base a community matures, you’ll learn how to deal with the Thief as well. Keep in mind you guys only played for a few days, you’ll get better every time you play it, and your view on what’s balanced/imbalanced may change in time.
Melee vs ranged. I also saw a lot of threads on melee vs ranged. I think ranged abilities are much easier to use than melee ones. It’s easier to pick a ranged class, back up a lot, and keep hitting your opponent….but…once a good melee character figures out how to disable your movement, dodge your attacks, and then get you in range, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. There are many melee builds that destroy ranged builds, but the trick is getting there. Once melee players learn how to work together, you’ll see them dishing out a ton of pain on ranged foes. BUT, having said that, don’t worry – balance isn’t final, and we’re still tweaking things. We’ll keep an eye on the balance, as we always do.
Secondary mechanics. So ya. Svanir and Jotun on the forest map are a little easy. They were way too hard for a bit, and I toned them down, but with the data I collected this weekend, I can safely say they need to be bumped up a little bit. I’ll keep watching the balance on those guys, and the buff they give you, and make sure that they are hard to attain, but well worth the effort. They definitely still need some balance, so I’ll keep looking at that.

E-sport aspirations:
Let’s start this with a question: What does it take to make an Esport? I’d say you need a few things:

Fun. It has to be fun. This is pretty obvious, but let’s be sure to add it to the list. If people don’t enjoy your game, they won’t play it. And “fun” is different from player to player. We need to make a game (with the help of our community), that’s fun for new players as well as professionals. It can’t just be good for one or the other.
Accessible. It has to be something new players can get into. Magic the gathering. Starcraft. Counterstrike. Basketball. You need the entry level game to be accessible to new players, or you’ll lose your playerbase! You need to feed the pro levels with good players, who in turn come from the mid-tier level, who come from brand new players. And don’t forget, the only way that you get sponsored, if you’re an aspiring pro gamer, if it a LOT of people want to watch your game of choice. Because then they create a spectator base, and sponsors take notice, and want to sponsor athletes in those games. New player accessibility is CRUCIAL to an esport. League of Legends is a very newb-friendly game (mechanically) and it has had great success. That’s why there are so many sponsors…the spectator base is MASSIVE.
Easily understood. Capture points and secondary mechanics are pretty simple. That’s why we’ve based our competitive game on them. Now, once you start to play in 5on5 teams, you learn how far you can push the game, how much you can do with your team, and how skill is involved.
Skill cap. In order for a game to succeed, there has to be a skill cap where a good player can exert dominance over a lesser-skilled opponent. This weekend I saw my share of 1on2’s, 2on3’s, 2on4’s, etc. where skill > number of players. I know a lot of you guys are good at other games, but we have some people internally who have played hundreds of hours in PvP. I took my share of 1on3’s at a cap point this weekend, and I’m sure the guys on the other team thought something was broken. The point is – when skilled players start to make teams, and they start to play other organized teams, you’re going to see some amazing stuff. That’s where we’ll start to see players like SlayerS Boxer (SC), Heaton (CS), [Evil] (GW1), and Daigo (fighters).
Support. This is where we come in. We’ll keep balancing the game after ship. We’ll keep listening to feedback from players. As we make new maps, we’ll be listening to the community to see which of the existing maps they like the most, which maps they’d like to see in the future, etc. Our job doesn’t end once the game ships – in many ways, that’s when it starts.

So ya, that’s it. I need to get to work on stuff for our next weekend event! We learned a ton this weekend from watching you guys play, and from reading your posts. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING US some of your time, love, and effort. We’ll keep working to make the game the best we can, so that new players and pros alike are able to enjoy GW2. We are a company built on iteration, so now it’s time to do another iteration of PvP and balance! Thanks for supporting us and giving us so much constructive feedback to go on!

-Chaplan

Spookie

I'm sorry; you can get your money back for a pre-purchase even after registering and playing the beta?

I guess you could if you spoke to your credit card company.

Talking of interest in the game. Everyone I know who had a passing interest bought it, those who didn't are now considering it when it's cheaper. The game is about £10-20 more expensive than most PC games in the UK and most of those people were burned by ToR. But all of those people don't give a shit about Tera because we all find it a bit creepy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'd love to know which MMOs someone finds fun to play, yet doesn't think GW2 is fun to play. Just curious to know what it is about the others...

Kintaro

Yeah. At Gamestop's it is called a "pre-order" and you can get your money back. No such thing as locked in pre-purchases. I'm sure you could get your money back directly from Arenanet if you wanted to. After all, you haven't received any product yet. Didn't people argue that they pre-purchases the final game? You're definitely entitled to your money back. =)

Edit: Yes, I'm a DM at Gamestop.

inky

Well, by fun to play I guess he is referring to the actiony combat system, because nothing else about Tera is fun to play. For a subscription based MMO I found it stupidly grindy with quests on the level of F2P games. At that point even the innovative combat system grows stale.

To each his own I guess.

Spookie

Does anyone know if you can level a profession using a level 1 toon? Or is it like WoW where there is a level requirement too? Interested in making an alt simply just to explore cooking but I wouldn't like it as one of my main skills on my primary toon. :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah. At Gamestop's it is called a "pre-order" and you can get your money back. No such thing as locked in pre-purchases. I'm sure you could get your money back directly from Arenanet if you wanted to. After all, you haven't received any product yet. Didn't people argue that they pre-purchases the final game? You're definitely entitled to your money back. =)

Edit: Yes, I'm a DM at Gamestop.

Dungeon Master?

Well sounds like he had fun playing the market. I actually thought the trading post was kind of confusing. I hope they end up having some kind of in game tutorial for that eventually cause I can see a lot of people bing confused.

I'd love to know which MMOs someone finds fun to play, yet doesn't think GW2 is fun to play. Just curious to know what it is about the others...

My only issue is when people say Tera is more fun combat wise. I just don't get it. Within minutes of playing Tera I was pissed off the second I had to stand still for an instant attack. This is just my one major pet pieve with it, standing still is fine for MMO's most the time it's par for the course to stand while you are casting anything. But Tera touts itself as an action MMO. Where does stopping come into the action? Sorry but as soon as I have to stop to even swing a sword the game is less action based than even wow as far as I'm concerned. "But you have to avoid attacks and you have a reticle." I agree these things are awesome and a step in the right direction and if they added actual movement it would be even better.

Besides that it's still a basic MMO game, which most people have gotten bored of. But most people look past this in favor of the MMO-fo combat system.

Jira

Does anyone know if you can level a profession using a level 1 toon? Or is it like WoW where there is a level requirement too? Interested in making an alt simply just to explore cooking but I wouldn't like it as one of my main skills on my primary toon. :(

You can grab crafting at level 2 right out of the tutorial, there's no level requirement from what I saw. Granted I didn't try to get it at level 2, but there's nothing that we've seen that says otherwise. You can change your crafting profession and you won't lose any progress or recipes you know. Changing to a new profession is free, however, if you change back to a profession that you've put work into it'll cost you some Coin based on the profession level.

That's going to seem hard to do with how hard they make it seem that cooking is. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of exploring and karma buying. Unless you mean to send everything to this toon from another toon. But I would say just try it out on your main and if you don't like it switch it out, you still retain the level you got it to.

Absinthe

GW2 has ruined other MMO's for me. I even went back to GW1 only to be frustrated I couldn't dodge. :)

What may have turned people off is if they chose a Warrior to "tank" with and then got angry when they tried to play it like other MMO's and died.

Good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUP1TKM9k5o

He has little MMO experience, starts as a War and doesn't like the game, then switches to a necro and has a great time.

This is the type of thing that makes me think Anet has done it right. When people who mainly play FPS's and Skyrim/Oblivion can drop into GW2 and have fun.

I'm assuming I'll be able to queue up for pvp with just one or two others right? That feedback article only mentioned groups of 5 but I don't see myself actively playing with a dedicated group like that.

"As your knowledge base a community matures, you’ll learn how to deal with the Thief as well. Keep in mind you guys only played for a few days, you’ll get better every time you play it, and your view on what’s balanced/imbalanced may change in time.
Melee vs ranged. I also saw a lot of threads on melee vs ranged. I think ranged abilities are much easier to use than melee ones. It’s easier to pick a ranged class, back up a lot, and keep hitting your opponent….but…once a good melee character figures out how to disable your movement, dodge your attacks, and then get you in range, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. There are many melee builds that destroy ranged builds, but the trick is getting there. Once melee players learn how to work together, you’ll see them dishing out a ton of pain on ranged foes. BUT, having said that, don’t worry – balance isn’t final, and we’re still tweaking things. We’ll keep an eye on the balance, as we always do."

I'm glad to see them say this. I don't want to play another nerfwars or re-balancewars as it came to be later.

Anyone agree with this ?

i-5SpGRMQ-X2.jpg

I kind of do and don't. Although I do enjoy Guildwars 2 as it is now, I wish Tera had Guildwars 2's quest system and I wish Guildwars 2's and Tera's combat system were fused together; combining the good aspects of both. The only thing I know about SWTOR is that all the NPCs are voiced or something along those lines, so I can't say much about that.

... Good fucking lord they've thought of everything.

Yup. The price to switch crafting professions goes up though the higher level you are in the craft.

I'm glad to see them say this. I don't want to play another nerfwars or re-balancewars as it came to be later.

I agree with you, that is always a bad thing. At the same time I wish they could come up with a better way to say it other than the repeated L2P. It's just going to turn a lot of people off quickly.

I also laugh at him trying to say that there is some amazing strategy that can be used with downed state later in that thread. What the hell strategy can be used with you on the ground? :lol It doesn't matter what the in house devs did for fun, it will be ignored completely by most.

I haven't played Tera or GW2, so I don't yet know if one is fun and one isn't, but I don't think I've agreed with more than about 2% of anything from Penny Arcade. So I guess I'll just say I'm hoping that'll hold up in regards to GW2 as I'm pretty invested in it being my next long term MMO.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tend to agree with them on and off but you have to interpret eeeeverything in any of their comics as hyperbole for humorous effect.

I haven't played Tera or GW2, so I don't yet know if one is fun and one isn't, but I don't think I've agreed with more than about 2% of anything from Penny Arcade. So I guess I'll just say I'm hoping that'll hold up in regards to GW2 as I'm pretty invested in it being my next long term MMO.

Not trying to gush about GW2 in any way but I honestly thought it was funny that the only point of interest he found in GW2 was the questing system. When I was surprised to see in the BWE that it was the least interesting thing in the game to me. Not saying it wasn't fun I still had a blast, but I just had so much shit to do that I didn't pay too much attention to it I was off doing other things. I had more fun exploring and combat and checking out LA half the time I was more interested in what was in that field over there than I was in the event that was taking place next to it.

As was said previously, GW2 ruined other MMOs for me. I was thinking about buying Tera, too, but ended up not after the GW2 beta weekend.

GW2 is almost ironic considering its pedigree. I don't think the original is really an MMO, and I've posted for years about how the name of the genre is almost false advertising. There's nothing massively multiplayer about most modern MMOs because of their restrictive level and questing structures. Is GW2 the sandbox MMO I've been looking for? No. But it takes the best parts of theme park MMOs while throwing away the worst.

It's the first time in a long time that I've just invited people into a group without having something very specific in mind. "Where do you want to go? South? Okay, let's go."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I agree with Gabe, for the most part.

Although I don't really care about story or quests so I'm sticking with TERA for the foreseeable future. WvWvW is the only worthwhile PvP to be had in GW2.

But aren't pre-purchases different from pre-orders? You have to register your key to play the Pre-purchase. At that point, what exactly are you refunding? Canceling a pre-order is certainly possible, but I don't think a pre-purchase -- what you needed to play the beta -- works that way.

It's like getting a refund for a Steamworks game.

I think most companies would like it to, but given a big enough stink even ANet would most likely refund the money. Delivery of the product hasn't been made yet so I would say the consumer has the upper hand.

Edit: Also it's already been said in other ways but from twitter:
We do not have a date for BWE2 at this point. The BWE goal is *roughly* once a month, but subject to change. ~RB2

Kintaro

But aren't pre-purchases different from pre-orders? You have to register your key to play the Pre-purchase. At that point, what exactly are you refunding? Canceling a pre-order is certainly possible, but I don't think a pre-purchase -- what you needed to play the beta -- works that way.

It's like getting a refund for a Steamworks game.

No, Gamestop works purely on pre-orders. You can fully pay off a game, but can get your money back whenever. Even after the game is out.

Online companies obviously work differently, but as long as you haven't received your porudct (hasn't shipped, or been downloaded, etc) you can always demand your money back. They can not say no to you. Otherwise, they would be opening themselves up to something much bigger.

That's why the "pre-purchase" thing is and was always pure bullshit.

inky

*Launches GW2*
*Clicks play*
*Listens to awesome music*
*Dies a little inside*

Anyone else found the climbing challenge on the second Norn area? It was a cave a little to the southeast. It had 2 explorer NPCs and some "looter" enemies. It was very cleverly done. There was basically a long path to the end boss and a short path. The long path had pipes and beams you had to walk/jump through and the boss (veteran mob) had a knock back ability that could drop you to the bottom of the area. The short path had these 'spark' monsters in a couple of ledges but they didn't attack. One of them was positioned in such a way that by doing some clever jumping and using a blink/jump ability you could attack them and basically climb to the side of the room the boss was on with less probability that he would drop you back down. There was a chest at the end (the loot was crap) and another NPC belonging to one of the factions I assume you'll be able to join later on so probably there will be a quest involved.

That was the only one I found but I heard there were other more elaborate ones. Who found one of these?

*Launches GW2*
*Clicks play*
*Listens to awesome music*
*Dies a little inside*

Anyone else found the climbing challenge on the second Norn area? It was a cave a little to the southeast. It had 2 explorer NPCs and some "looter" enemies. It was very cleverly done. There was basically a long path to the end boss and a short path. The long path had pipes and beams you had to walk/jump through and the boss (veteran mob) had a knock back ability that could drop you to the bottom of the area. The short path had these 'spark' monsters in a couple of ledges but they didn't attack. One of them was positioned in such a way that by doing some clever jumping and using a blink/jump ability you could attack them and basically climb to the side of the room the boss was on with less probability that he would drop you back down. There was a chest at the end (the loot was crap) and another NPC belonging to one of the factions I assume you'll be able to join later on so probably there will be a quest involved.

That was the only one I found but I heard there were other more elaborate ones. Who found one of these?

I got to the one in the Human starting zone, but I was too low to do it. I could have probably beat the mobs along the way but trying to dodge and kite on small ledges is hard. :/ I hope on release these things will have more traps and less enemies on the way up.

No, Gamestop works purely on pre-orders. You can fully pay off a game, but can get your money back whenever. Even after the game is out.

Online companies obviously work differently, but as long as you haven't received your porudct (hasn't shipped, or been downloaded, etc) you can always demand your money back. They can not say no to you. Otherwise, they would be opening themselves up to something much bigger.

That's why the "pre-purchase" thing is and was always pure bullshit.

Err, no. If you bought digitally through Arenanet, you have no legal grounds for a refund.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JY8VGiLQ7M

I love the random NPC conversations.

This one is easily my favorite. Nice to know they have a sense of humor. Not the same thing but still funny.

Err, no. If you bought digitally through Arenanet, you have no legal grounds for a refund.

Eh, you kind of do, As long as delivery of the product hasn't been made. But where it get's sticky is with the Beta, beta is meant to be a perk to get around this they would have to pretty much say beta is partial delivery in a way and then that all just gets kind of sticky.

I got to the one in the Human starting zone, but I was too low to do it. I could have probably beat the mobs along the way but trying to dodge and kite on small ledges is hard. :/ I hope on release these things will have more traps and less enemies on the way up.

Are you talking about Demongrub? The lvl15 slimes suck to fight. They use immobilizes and you have to take on 2 or 3 at a time. I got a really nice green quality sword from the chest there on my thief.

Are you talking about Demongrub? The lvl15 slimes suck to fight. They use immobilizes and you have to take on 2 or 3 at a time. I got a really nice green quality sword from the chest there on my thief.

The grubs....then the spiders....then the bats.... I don't know if there is any past that, I gave up trying because I was only 11.

Kintaro

Um, yes you do. You do as long as you have not received your product. A product which has no release date. Unless they claim the beta was part of the product, in which case, they would invalidate any claims of this being a "true beta" and we're now into "paid beta" territory and gamers get nasty.

The grubs....then the spiders....then the bats.... I don't know if there is any past that, I gave up trying because I was only 11.

The grubs are neutral. You can skip past the spiders and jump to the next section by hugging the wall. Bats won't follow you once you start jumping on platforms. After that though, those slimes. Terrible, terrible things to face alone.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Um, yes you do. You do as long as you have not received your product. A product which has no release date. Unless they claim the beta was part of the product, in which case, they would invalidate any claims of this being a "true beta" and we're now into "paid beta" territory and gamers get nasty.

You could try to say that, but it doesn't really work. As soon as someone has registered for the pre-purchase beta, they own the game. That product key gives them the full game. All they have to do is click the download button when it releases. The only legitimate way would be to contact NCSoft or Anet and tell them to disable the account of the person who "cancelled" their pre-purchase, which I doubt they would be willing to do anyway. Otherwise you're giving away copies of the game. Regardless of whether you gave people their money back, they still have the game registered to their account.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just noticed the 6 ears.

That's a lot of ears.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Pretty sure my alt-itis in Guild Wars 1 has ruined me in regards to getting HOM points.

Checked the calculator and I currently have 5 points. I never stuck to one character, they all have different portions of the game beaten. (i.e. one guy has done EoTN, another did Nightfall, another did Factions, all of them are halfway through prophecies...) Makes me feel like as result none are eligible for the end-game stuff needed to get points.

At this point, I just want that flame sword unlocked, if only because I didn't see any elemental-looking weapons in Beta.

Lirlond

So this guy registered his key, downloaded the beta. But still got a refund? Despite having registered the game. It's now attached to his account you know that right?

You could try to say that, but it doesn't really work. As soon as someone has registered for the pre-purchase beta, they own the game. That product key gives them the full game. All they have to do is click the download button when it releases. The only legitimate way would be to contact NCSoft or Anet and tell them to disable the account of the person who "cancelled" their pre-purchase, which I doubt they would be willing to do anyway. Otherwise you're giving away copies of the game. Regardless of whether you gave people their money back, they still have the game registered to their account.

So this guy registered his key, downloaded the beta. But still got a refund? Despite having registered the game. It's now attached to his account you know that right?

:lol I didn't really think about that. I hope there is some kind of communication on this aspect. Although I doubt it. I hope this info doesn't spread than if ture.

nataku

Tera did the whole pre-purchase directly for beta access thing too, registered keys to accounts, and still offered refunds for digital purchase. And that game was much closer to release with an actual release date. I can guarantee ANet would too if pressured a bit.

They're asking for a huge PR mess if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom