• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: USF2 proved to be a smash hit

Wasn't the PS4 version of Street Fighter V at like 1.6 million sales in May?

What is their qualification of Smash hit here?

Could this actually outsell that?

Whatever "smash hit" means, it doesn't mean "over a million copies sold, at the very least, since it's missing from the Capcom Platinum list. I imagine they're contextualising the game as a cheap-ish port that sold decently.

Wasn't the PS4 version of Street Fighter V at like 1.6 million sales in May?

What is their qualification of Smash hit here?

Could this actually outsell that?

Maybe they thought 40 dollars for an enhanced version of SF2 was as silly as some of us and they saw it sold more than a hundred thousand and were surprised.

hatchx

Banned
I see they're up from last year.

That said, a smash hit? No sales figures for it even? Did the game even hit 500k?

Probably. It hovered around 4th in the switch top ten NPD in May and June IIRC.

Edit - now how about an RE4 or SF4 port, something I'd actually buy (again)

ggx2ac

I notice that as of June, RE6 HD is up to 1.1 million from 1 million, while RE7 is up to 3.7 million from last quarter's 3.5 million.

RE4 HD and RE5 HD do not appear to have crossed a million copies sold yet. Which is interesting.

That and Capcom forecasted 2 million sales for RE7 but it's only done 200k so far.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shame on you people

"Nintendo fans need to start buying 3rdParty games for more supports"

*3rdParty game sells well*

"Shame on you people"

lol

I would agree with you if this was a truly bad game though - but its actually quite solid, the price was the issue but it did well regardless.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So people bought their test game? Guess that opens us up to a stream of 2 decade old remasters selling for full price.

Z..

I really don't like that this is selling well. This ridiculous price point really should not be encouraged or validated.

Roo

"Nintendo fans need to start buying 3rdParty games for more supports"

*3rdParty game sells well*

"Shame on you people"

lol
Well, I highly doubt this game' success will translate into the kind of support people (aka Nintendo fans) expect from Capcom so...

cw_sasuke

Well, I highly doubt this game' success will translate into the kind of support people (aka Nintendo fans) expect from Capcom so...

What kind of support do you think Nintendo fans expect from Capcom ?

Packy

If Capcom is looking for a low-to-mid budget game to further test the waters on the Switch, I would humbly suggest that they make a new Powerstone game with a few new characters/maps and online play.

Also, I would easily purchase a Viewtiful Joe collection with 1, 2, and Double Trouble. Just sayin'...

VeeP

Bring on that RE4 port, Capcom!

I've actually never played RE4, so I wouldn't mind lol. Bring it to the Switch eshop for 10 bucks and I'll bite.

As for SF2, can we get a price drop now Capcom? This game shouldn't have even launched at that price point.

Also, if your gonna stick to porting games Capcom, games like Okami, Viewtiful Joe collection, Onimusha collection, etc. would be great to have.

What kind of support do you think Nintendo fans expect from Capcom ?

Going by previous consoles ? It should've got tremendous support. Capcom and Nintendo clearly messed up something.

There are many games that should've released instead of this 10 years old overpriced port.

atr0cious

Thanks to everyone who took the bullet.
If Capcom is looking for a low-to-mid budget game to further test the waters on the Switch, I would humbly suggest that they make a new Powerstone game with a few new characters/maps and online play.

Also, I would easily purchase a Viewtiful Joe collection with 1, 2, and Double Trouble. Just sayin'...
This plus Street fighter 3 online and Powerstone 1/2 pack, please.

Eolz

The test worked, now on to the next unrelated experiment... :p

More seriously, hopefully this + Arms + neogeo titles + blazblue convince publishers there's an audience for fighting games on Switch.

Sandfox

Going by previous consoles ? It should've got tremendous support. Capcom and Nintendo clearly messed up something.

There are many games that should've released instead of this 10 years old overpriced port.

I think you're expecting too much from Capcom.

Renekton

GdthBxA.jpg

High quality product

cw_sasuke

If at all only Capcom messed up - Nintendo is doing just fine and Capcom will have to come around at some point. Unless you think there wont be a portable MH this generation and they ported the REngine to Switch just for fun.

Read this and last page to get an idea.

Most people in this thread are asking for RE titles (running gang and expected) as well as other old Capcom Fighting IPs. Sounds reasonable to me.

I think you're expecting too much from Capcom.

Am I ?
Looking at DS/3DS/Wii/GC, not really.
I mean, 3DS was announced with amazing support from Capcom: 2 exclusive Resident Evil games, a nice port of SSFIV on launch day. Not counting Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

USFII could've been replaced by Ace Attorney 1-6, Resident Evil 4-5-6, Okami HD, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Resident Evil Rebirth-0 or many more old titles.

If at all only Capcom messed up - Nintendo is doing just fine and Capcom will have to come around at some point. Unless you think there wont be a portable MH this generation and they ported the REngine to Switch just for fun.

Most people in this thread are asking for RE titles (running gang and expected) as well as other old Capcom Fighting IPs. Sounds reasonable to me.

It's also up to Nintendo to ask 3rd parties for things. I mean, KH3D happened on 3DS because Nintendo asked for it actually.

Not to defend Capcom, but like most of their current gen portfolio consists of ports, outsourcing, and exclusives. I'm sure they'd be more all over the Switch if they could, but they're REALLY hurting right now.

Top Bottom