• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Thanks for that info. That helps. So I can start by farming the baby dragons and level them up? Assuming I can find some. :) Maybe I will try that tonight.

They'll drop from the bosses. Chances aren't that high afaik but at least its possible to get them. If you and another person whos at least rank 20 trade presents, you'll be getting 2 dragons from that as well.

How does the "Friends" work exactly does it just allow me to add them for my final spot?

Pretty much. If you have them on your friends list, the monster will be able to use its passive Leader ability but if they're not (labelled as Explorers) it won't activate.

Which means it would be best to wait and collect some more, before feeding them to the main, seeing as that is pretty expensive?

The cost is the same. The monster's level affects the cost but there's no point in holding out.

Li Kao

Ok I got the fire and water starter, no luck >.<
I already had the fire, still better than nothing I guess.

Well I was as unlucky as you, yellow starter for me.
And the joke ? My second gatcha was... another yellow starter ! (but this one is +1, I guess that's something).

Edit - Oh, the first one is +1 too, well, cool for my yellow teammate.

Gaaraz

No word on it, I just made a cc-less US iTunes account, downloaded it on my iDevices and am now playing it with my regular Game Center account. You just have to authorize your iTunes once for your US account in order to sync it.
Ah, brilliant - thank you! :)

xCobalt

Well I was as unlucky as you, yellow starter for me.
And the joke ? My second gatcha was... another yellow starter ! (but this one is +1, I guess that's something).

Edit - Oh, the first one is +1 too, well, cool for my yellow teammate.

Aside from the duplicate, that's pretty good. The light and dark starters can only be gotten by sending/receiving presents.

Probably gonna rewrite a few sections of the OP tonight given how most of GAF appears to disagree with me on the God monster decision. Anything else you guys want to see thrown up there? I kinda don't want to put in a friend code section given how rapidly that list would change and possibly make me hit the character limit.

ParityBit

Probably gonna rewrite a few sections of the OP tonight given how most of GAF appears to disagree with me on the God monster decision. Anything else you guys want to see thrown up there? I kinda don't want to put in a friend code section given how rapidly that list would change and possibly make me hit the character limit.

I would love to see an English version of a starter guide? Up to the point of how to get the crappy stuff off your team. Plus an in English version of the evolving/feeding your monsters, etc.

I see screen shots of people who have awesome teams, then I look at mine and pray I get 3 green in a row for my leader!

totowhoa

Banned
So today's special dungeon with the 2x drop rate (Room of Mask) a dungeon that an early player can go into? Like I've only played this game for about 2 hours so far. I tried a special dungeon yesterday and got wiped out in one shot and wasted 15 stamina :p Is there any signal to let me know if I'm at an appropriate level for a special dungeon?

Kouriozan

So today's special dungeon with the 2x drop rate (Room of Mask) a dungeon that an early player can go into? Like I've only played this game for about 2 hours so far. I tried a special dungeon yesterday and got wiped out in one shot and wasted 15 stamina :p Is there any signal to let me know if I'm at an appropriate level for a special dungeon?
The Mask monster is for evolution, you can do the easiest one but that early in the game it's not worth it.

xCobalt

The special daily dungeons aren't that useful until you're at a point where you need the evolution materials from them. Early on, I'd recommend only doing the special weekend dungeon as they give a lot of money.

The difficulty level, if available, usually gives you a pretty good indication. Novice ~ 1-2* dungeons, Adept ~ 2-3*, Expert is late game/post Castle of Stan, Master is "you will not survive". The metal dragon dungeons are probably about Adept difficulty.

Does anybody know the data drain on this game? My fiance doesn't have WiFi at her work and has the lowest plan and doesn't want this to make her go over playing a bit each day.

totowhoa

Banned
The special daily dungeons aren't that useful until you're at a point where you need the evolution materials from them. Early on, I'd recommend only doing the special weekend dungeon as they give a lot of money.

Awesome, that's good to know. I'm absolutely broke and so I'm having to sell monsters instead of fuse when I get too many... hate doing that.

So... At what point will I stop having team cost issues :(

I think it's just going to be problematic with really strong God characters. I have a green Odin but he costs 25 so I can't use him since I'm early on, and I can tell it's going to be *at least* 10 hours or so before I am able to incorporate him in a meaningful way. I still feed him all my grass types although I can't really use him.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
The difficulty level, if available, usually gives you a pretty good indication. Novice ~ 1-2* dungeons, Adept ~ 2-3*, Expert is late game/post Castle of Stan, Master is "you will not survive". The metal dragon dungeons are probably about Adept difficulty.

Ah, I see. The dungeon I saw yesterday didn't have a novice option that I saw, so I thought adept was the lowest. That's probably why I was killed so easily then. Thanks.

ParityBit

Awesome, that's good to know. I'm absolutely broke and so I'm having to sell monsters instead of fuse when I get too many... hate doing that.

I have that issue too, plus I only have 25 boxes. I spent the rest on rare pulls and I have only one God to show for it, and I think shes a crappy Norse one.

Not sure what happened, I decided to reroll now I found I have hit a wall. Before reroll I hat tony of money to fund monster fusion. After reroll I have no money and always have to sell monsters to fund fusions. I don't seem to be getting any money from the dungeons.

So... At what point will I stop having team cost issues :(
Monster cost goes up as you evolve them so.... never lol

I'm at the point where I can just fit two 5* into my party and only have one unequipable monster, but I'm also on the brink of evolving my starter dragons...

Uthred

Is the drop rate on bosses really low or is google translate failing me on the chinese wiki? Trying to get a titan at the end of the tower of trials but went through a full stamina bar and nothing.

Edit: Also is there a fire healer? Thought it might be naga but she seems to have a damage buff

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So for growing monsters, what do you guys do? Just keep feeding them 5 at once and see as the cost goes up, or feed up smaller monsters for a couple level, and then feed those slightly-levelled monsters to the big one?

xCobalt

Is the drop rate on bosses really low or is google translate failing me on the chinese wiki? Trying to get a titan at the end of the tower of trials but went through a full stamina bar and nothing.

Edit: Also is there a fire healer? Thought it might be naga but she seems to have a damage buff

It's very low. I lost count of how many times I ran a dungeon for a healer. If you're doing Tower of Trials, it's best to wait till the weekend because it'll cost 1/2 the regular stamina. Other dungeons will have little bonuses applied to such as 1.5x drop rate or 2x coins.

There is no fire healer.
So for growing monsters, what do you guys do? Just keep feeding them 5 at once and see as the cost goes up, or feed up smaller monsters for a couple level, and then feed those slightly-levelled monsters to the big one?

I just fed them directly to the main monsters but try to make sure to use the same element for the 50% exp bonus.

Smiley90

It's very low. I lost count of how many times I ran a dungeon for a healer. If you're doing Tower of Trials, it's best to wait till the weekend because it'll cost 1/2 the regular stamina. Other dungeons will have little bonuses applied to such as 1.5x drop rate or 2x coins.

I just fed them directly to the main monsters but try to make sure to use the same element for the 50% exp bonus.

But how will I ever be able to afford all these power-ups oO... I really hope coins pickup later on, otherwise all my monsters will need to be sold to even afford a single 5-monster power-up of my Hades... and He's only level 7 now, not to mention I need to get him to like 70. HOW CAN I AFFORD THIS.

Uthred

It it worth fully levelling up a monster before you evolve it or should you evolve it straight away? Just got a Lil' Dragon, currently Lvl 4 but I can evolve it, wondering should I do that or hold off and level it up?

There is no fire healer.

Presumably theres no Dark healer either? Trying to figure out the "Team building" stuff in this game can be a tad awkward.

ParityBit

It it worth fully levelling up a monster before you evolve it or should you evolve it straight away? Just got a Lil' Dragon, currently Lvl 4 but I can evolve it, wondering should I do that or hold off and level it up?

It has to be MAX Level to evolve I believe

Smiley90

Presumably theres no Dark healer either? Trying to figure out the "Team building" stuff in this game can be a tad awkward.

You can evolve it? Pretty sure they need to be max level to be evolved... you can add them to the screen, but once you click evolve it says "needs to be max level".

yeah gods sure cost a lot... but how do you even beat dungeons without using them o_O.

my other guys can barely hit over 100 and these mobs have 1000s of health. (at volcano of vulcan).

xCobalt

But how will I ever be able to afford all these power-ups oO... I really hope coins pickup later on, otherwise all my monsters will need to be sold to even afford a single 5-monster power-up of my Hades... and He's only level 7 now, not to mention I need to get him to like 70. HOW CAN I AFFORD THIS.

You definitely shouldn't be trying to level up a God this early on. The cost is simply too high. I was at about rank 60 or so before I even attempted to evolve one of my gods. One of the reasons I don't like raising extremely rare monsters is that it requires a lot of resources. Using Hades as an example, it will require 4,000,000 exp to max him out once he's evolved.

Its stats will be: HP: 2671, Attack: 1410, Recovery: 396

On the other hand, once you fully evolved a starter (using fire as an example), it only needs 1,500,000 exp to max out.

Its stats will be: HP: 2145, Attack: 1114, Recovery: 231

It's weaker but requires a fraction of the needed resources.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a certain "route" to upgrading you should take? Or can you max all stats? I don't want to sacrifice these low level monsters to power up my team if I'm going to be screwing myself over.

yeah gods sure cost a lot... but how do you even beat dungeons without using them o_O.

my other guys can barely hit over 100 and these mobs have 1000s of health. (at volcano of vulcan).
Sick combos, element-boosting leaders (like your starter), and a good helper? The worst is when you have to go through a dungeon that's resistant to most your team. The 3* grass dungeon infuriated me so much I booted Neptune out of my team and threw in whatever fire mons I had lying around in my box. Then I took my friend's Freyr and set everything on fire. Slowly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks!

Is the Mystic Ice Knight worth keeping as a starter?

From what I'm reading, if you're going to go with a water team, he's not bad. Obviously a God would be a better gacha, but you won't be hurting.

E: Sounds like he's quite a rare catch.

Jinko

Urgh stuck at Demeter Forest anyone got a powerful fire leader @:p ?

Can you add a note to the OP for people to name themselve something like "<name>@GAF" would be helpful that way we can know who's adding us. (some are already doing this)

xCobalt

Urgh stuck at Demeter Forest anyone got a powerful fire leader @:p ?

Can you add a note to the OP for people to name themselve something like "<name>@GAF" would be helpful that way we can know who's adding us. (some are already doing this)

I'm using a monster that makes Wood do 1/2 damage atm...I can switch to a fire monster later if it doesn't work out . ID is 356,137,283

So, I finally got a God.. Freyja. Seems OK, but not the best when it comes to Gods. Still, Im going to keep it. Anyways, I choose the fire starter and really have no clue how I should make my team and progress in the game.. I haven't browsed the whole thread yet, are there any good guides with the do's and don'ts that are more detailed than the OP?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So, I finally got a God.. Freyja. Seems OK, but not the best when it comes to Gods. Still, Im going to keep it. Anyways, I choose the fire starter and really have no clue how I should make my team and progress in the game.. I haven't browsed the whole thread yet, are there any good guides with the do's and don'ts that are more detailed than the OP?

I got the same God. Her overall power is enough to help make her worth it so far!

I'm also curious on the do's and don'ts, specifically around upgrading. I don't want to use all "upgrade points" and screw up my monsters.

xCobalt

I got the same God. Her overall power is enough to help make her worth it so far!

I'm also curious on the do's and don'ts, specifically around upgrading. I don't want to use all "upgrade points" and screw up my monsters.

What upgrade points are you talking about?

ParityBit

So someone from my friends list send me a present. No idea who, and I got Spinas the Dragon.

He/she any good when I evolve them? i.e. useful? Kinda cool to get a freebie pull though.

xCobalt

Hypothetically speaking really...I wouldn't mind maxing my stats, but I don't want to screw myself over.

Monsters have set stats so you can't screw yourself over if you tried, you'll max the stats when you max their level. The only variance in stats is if the monster was fed with something that had a bonus stat.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monsters have set stats so you can't screw yourself over if you tried, you'll max the stats when you max their level. The only variance in stats is if the monster was fed with something that had a bonus stat.

Oh cool - makes sense. Thanks!

Ashodin

Holy shit that dungeon that showed up that you could hunt fire dragon fusions... I got the super rare one and it gives 55000 EXP to whatever mon you choose. Fuck awesome man.

I spent a little cash on the shop and I got a FUCKTON of Light-type monsters. I'm SOOOO happy now :)

And I also got ***** Ancient Dragon Warrior, who came out at Level 30. FUCK YEAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom