• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix ask you what do you want in 2013

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
-Star Ocean 5 and Valkyrie Profile 3 from tri-Ace
-Localizations of Bravely Default, Type-0, Slime Morimori 3, DQ Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3DS, and DQ7 Remix
-Enix games on the Virtual Console in time for Wii-U's VC launch (SoulBlazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma/Robotrek/EVO/DQ1-6 and even shit like Paladin's Quest and 7th Saga)
-New SaGa, Mana and Chrono games internally developed
-Matsuno on board for a Vagrant Story 3DS/Vita remake in the spirit of Tactics Ogre PSP remake
-Fire Wada
-No more IOS/browser cockteases
-No more FF series whoring unless the game is really good (Theatrhythm, Crystal Chronicles)
-No more ports of FF4, if you are gonna remake a game do 5/6/7
-No more trying so hard to appeal to the western market

I want select + start + top buttons in all the FF games from now on

EDIT:

Didn't notice this thread until now. Sorry for posting a duplicate into the FF community thread then.

Anyway, here was my post full of believe: http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29611637/?sdb=1&post_num=837#527883757

Everytime I try to click this and sign in, it always goes to the Basic information page. No matter how many times I hit Save, it stays in the Basic information page. Did I not do something right?

I'd really kill for a FFVIII PC rerelease.
I'd like them to improve their rerelease of Final Fantasy VII for the PC a bit more, first.

There's no Steam. No GamersGate. No AA. It needs a patch and such.

Anyway, for stuff that is actually possible. Bravely Default is one of their best looking titles in years.

For impossible stuff. I miss the Chrono and Mana franchise. I want a big budget, good Mana game for all platforms, including the PC. Something that is easily as good as the first 3 Seiken Desetsu games. Dawn of Mana was terrible and they need something really nice to make up for it. Also, the fact there's no Chrono game, long after Square owns the rights to Dragon Quest, is atrocious. They easily have Akira Toriyama at least at their fingertips.

Also, no matter how whacky the story has become, it is obvious that people want Kingdom Hearts 3. And I kinda do too.

I'm going a little blank for some examples, because a lot of the franchises that people came to love Square Enix for have been left gathering dust.

Raggie

I'm interested in nothing they've announced. SE has made itself obsolete.

How about finally releasing Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3? I still haven't gotten over my bitterness over that one. Besides, it's one of those games we never got from the time they still made good games.

Narolf

Banned
Everytime I try to click this and sign in, it always goes to the Basic information page. No matter how many times I hit Save, it stays in the Basic information page. Did I not do something right?

Can't be of much help here, it's that I've used my Facebook account to sign-up there. Oddly enough, my SE account is still up and running even though I've permanently deleted my FB ever since. Using Firefox 18.0.2.

eXistor

Bravely Default for sure.
DQVII would be nice.
FFXV (or at least an announcement). Make it FFXIV-style, but singleplayer only.
Oh I dunno...maybe Versus? I know it's too much to ask.

Basically, just do what you used to do back in the day.

Ikael

Can I ask them to fire their entire directive board? Preferible, fire them into space.

If not, well, regarding actual games:

- The world ends with you 2 - WiiU. You know it would be fucking glorious, Jesus damn

- Terranigma for the PS4-360. Because the world deserves it. Think of the children, S-E.

- Kingdom Hearts 3- 3DS. As in, you go and ignore every entry other than KH 1 and 2. If developed in a Nintendo system, use their characters as well for maximum Smash Bros: the RPG effect.

- Rocket Slime - Android. Because that's one of the rare cellphone ports that makes any ounce of sense.

- Hire Atlus for developing the next mainline Final Fantasy. You guys have clearly shown little to no idea of what you are doing with your most valuable asset, so at least put it in the hands of experts. If I would be a S-E shareholder I would sleep better.

- A new RPG franchise based in our world with perhaps some magic here and there. You know, like ffXIII Versus, but actually releasing at some point of its existance.

Kokonoe

Banned
I want a Christmas turn-based RPG where you play as Santa and the North Pole gets attacked and you have to stop the manifestation of jealousy of all the children whoever received lumps of coal.

WARP10CK

Banned
They damn well know what the gamers want but they have been jerking our chain for quite a while now.
So here is my response ...

91oLA.gif

Hokhoku

Banned
This is what I want:

- Kingdom Hearts on Next Gen Console (Orbis)

- Final Fantasy Versus

- Final Fantasy X HD and also available for Vita

- Kingdom Hearts on Vita

- New Deus Ex

Kenka

Dear Square,

1. Shave Wada's head, cut his tongue, tear his fingers off, sack him and feed him gross things
  2. You can go on making few games S-E for 2013 as you did the past years, on any platform you want even, but make them good.

-Star Ocean 5 and Valkyrie Profile 3 from tri-Ace
-Localizations of Bravely Default, Type-0, Slime Morimori 3, DQ Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3DS, and DQ7 Remix
-Enix games on the Virtual Console in time for Wii-U's VC launch (SoulBlazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma/Robotrek/EVO/DQ1-6 and even shit like Paladin's Quest and 7th Saga)
-New SaGa, Mana and Chrono games internally developed
-Matsuno on board for a Vagrant Story 3DS/Vita remake in the spirit of Tactics Ogre PSP remake
-Fire Wada
-No more IOS/browser cockteases
-No more FF series whoring unless the game is really good (Theatrhythm, Crystal Chronicles)
-No more ports of FF4, if you are gonna remake a game do 5/6/7
-No more trying so hard to appeal to the western market
amen bro!

GrizzNKev

Banned
The strangest thing about SE's current state is that they have this huge following that makes it incredibly obvious what they want, and SE continues to release anything but those games.

I mean that more than any other big publisher too. There's so much they could have done in the last few years to make bazillions of monies and blow us all away, but rather than do that they release terrible iOS games and two more FF13s.

Where is the disconnect between them and their audience?

Narolf

Banned
Where is the disconnect between them and their audience?

Clearly there is a disconnect, but it's not as bad as GAF makes it transpire, or the Internet as a whole for that matter.

Also anecdotal, but the non-hardcore FF players I talked to outside of GAF weren't too hot on the game either.

The real evidence comes from the sales of FFXIII -> XIII-2.

She was in the right there, and she was also in the right here...

I think at some point this year Square Enix will appease some people - including myself - who have become disenchanted with the mainline series over the past generation. FFXIV is just the first step.

kiri

Regardless of the quality of FFXIII and XIII-2, I would like Square Enix to continue down the path they have been beating in regards to music.

Hamauzu did some great work on the XIII OST as did Mizuta on the XI OST and its remixes. I want to see these musicians nurtured more and allowed to be even more creative with future works.

And as a wild card, I would -LOVE- to see De De Mouse write some music for a future Final Fantasy.

http://www.beatport.com/track/my-alone-again-original-mix/3870223
^would work in well as a Victory Fanfare I feel.

dedemouse.com/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm amazed that people still care about Versus. It's like the new Duke Nukem Forever and will likely be of the same quality.

Dunno if I already replied here, but iOS/etc. ports of the DQ series would be welcome.

Would also be neat if they could do fix updates to their existing mobile ports (ie obtainable Angel Ring in FF1).

Top Bottom