• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The SEGA Renaissance (Even if they're not that involved) - where to now?

A new Shining Force SRPG.

• Classic series gameplay, converted to a grid-free movement setup.
  • Art by Tony Taka(Shining Tears, Blade Arcus, to name a few)
  • Story-wise, reboot the continuity and maintain the SF setting's elements, or make it a side-story with non-traditional characters. Because....
  • To stand out from the crowd of JRPG settings, go the comedy route. And I mean go FULL KonoSuba. A lovably incompetent cast, perverse humor and over-the-top John K.-esque performances.

Zukkoyaki

I'd love to see either a new Virtua Fighter or a proper ARPG Phantasy Star that actually has a decent budget.

A dream project would be a new Panzer Dragon heavily inspired by games like Rogue Squadron and EVE Valkyrie that also has RPG elements.

Raitaro

That would definitely be a good start!

With Sonic and Shenmue covered for now (though I'm still holding out hope for a Taxman Genesis Sonic collection as well as a fulll reboot for 3D Sonic), others I always add when asked (all on console / PC and arcade if applicable) are:
- Outrun 3 (or a full remaster of 2006)
- F-Zero GX sequel with Nintendo
- Phantasy Star and/or Skies of Arcadia RPG revival
- Streets of Rage "Mania" (i.e. a throwback game made by the SOR Remake team with official support)
- Jet Set Radio sequel
- Crazy Taxi sequel/reboot
- Panzer Dragoon collection and/or sequel

Those are the Sega franchises I care about the most at this point.

Well, I still think they're remastering Shenmue and Shenmue 2.

I'd like a new Out Run!

I was thinking Jet Set Radio but they didn't develop it.

How about a turn-based Phantasy Star?

There was a rumour of NiGHTS being in development. If they exclude the walking parts, it could be a phone game.

Klart

New Streets of Rage (This is absolutely crucial)

Streets Of Rage Mania

Streets of Rage Mania for me please, the fan remake left me wanting for even more.

Bring back Streets of Rage. Hell get Vanillaware to make it.

Streets of Rage 4 (Sonic Mania style)

Streets of Ragemania

Please let the Streets of Rage Remake team release the work they did.

Streets of Rage 4 by Bombergames

And one poster said Streets of Rage 4 in Mania style. I say: Yes, please.

Streets Of Rage Mania

Yes to streets of rage

Streets of Rage, baby.

Seriously, the groundwork for a Streets of Rage Mania is already set.

Streets of Rage 4

Streets of Rage 4

New Streets of Rage

A Streets of Rage Mania with Bombergames makes a lot of sense.

streets of rage mania

Streets of Rage

- Streets of Rage "Mania" (i.e. a throwback game made by the SOR Remake team with official support)

DO IT SEGA

Synth

I wonder if a VF character will be the next DLC addition to T7

To be honest. I don't really like the idea of a VF character guesting in Tekken. I don't think the mechanics are sufficiently compatible (as opposed to DoA). 2D fighter characters seem like a better fit because the left/right punches and kicks can be treated like differing attack strengths, but a VF character with their block button and command list seems like it would need to be wildly different from everyone else in order to actually feel like a VF character.

I'd kill for a Shining Force Mania or a Phantasy Star Mania, the former though Sega seems to just want to drag through the dirt making shitty knock off low quality jrpg game after game.

And they didn't make Star Fox Zero.

But wasn't Miyamoto the one who created the concept of Zero's controls?

Anyway, I'd go for a new Beyond Oasis game by Ancient. They could make a fine update to their Brawler/Action-Adventure game with elements from Gotta Protectors.

DJIzana

Phantasy Star V
Streets of Rage 4 (Sonic Mania style)
Skies of Arcadia 2

One of those would be swell, thanks.

I support this. Even a remake of the original PSO (I would even prefer that over PSO2) using new assets and a remastered OST would be grand.

oon

Banned
Phantasy Star V
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Skies of Arcadia 2

Yes to all of the above, but also:

Ecco the Dolphin 3

Ecco's creator, Ed Annunziata, sometimes writes about his ideas for the game on Twitter. The second game teased a sequel - it's been a couple decades, it's time to finish the trilogy!!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Crazy Taxi. Hell, not even a new game or anything, just give us a port of CT1 with the music and licenses intact, and I'd be good.

A new Space Channel 5 or JSR would be divine.

I was thinking Jet Set Radio but they didn't develop it.
The hell you talking about? Smilebit was an internal studio.

So basically, it's not happening.

lmao
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif
Z93uwT.gif

dlauv

If Sumo can catch their breath after all of the Microsoft games, I'd like to see another racer -- Outrun, maybe?

kubev

I'd love to see a new Streets of Rage game made by the people who made Streets of Rage Remake.

Actually, I'd love to see a Fighters Megamix take on different genres of Sega games, so maybe something more along the lines of:

- Space Channel 5 x Samba de Amigo
- Streets of Rage x Golden Axe x Dynamite Cop
- Virtua Cop x The House of the Dead x Ghost Squad
- Virtua Racing x Manx TT Superbike x Daytona USA

I also wouldn't mind seeing a new Fantasy Zone, GG Shinobi, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon and Skies of Arcadia. Maybe even a new Virtua Tennis?

Shaneus

Where are the requests for a Mania-style sequel to Out Run? Or even perhaps a de-make of Out Run 2/C2C in OG OR style.

Yeah, I'd settle for that.
I want Outrun 3 so bad.
We just need a solid home port of Out Run 2.

Also have no problem with the Assault Android Cactus doing something with a Sega license. And I want someone to do a new Fantasy Zone while we're at it, too.

Damn right I'm making demands.

Top Bottom