• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Darkone

I just found out Horde is only playable online. No playing private games offline, period. That sucks so bad, my enthusiasm just took a hit. One of my favorite things to do with Gears 3 was play solo horde after the community dried up and finding matches was hard.

I guess in 10 years when the servers are offline we won't be playing Horde. I really hate that. No setting up private LANs at conventions like PAX or MGC either.

Man, I'm bummed.

Totally agree, a game like this with great MP should let us play when the community dies.

I have the game preloaded on Xbox but I can't seem to preload it on PC. The store says I own it, but there's no download option anywhere. The drive where my library is has enough space. Am I missing something ?

I already have an Xbox One S and they aren't in my games list.
You should receive a couple of messages from Xbox with 4 codes to redeem. They're sending them out in batches so it can take some time depending on when you preordered. I got mine two days ago and my preorder was two weeks before that.

Which Carmine is gonna be a multiplayer character brehs
All of them. Some day they'll make a zombie spin off where you fight the whole family.
(I'm not serious, no idea which one is in it)

From what I've seen, the following characters are MIA.

All Carmines, Jace, Dizzy, Griffin, Prescott, Bernie, Adam Fenix, Barrick, Tai, Valera, Sofia, Paduk, Alex, Onyx Guard, Loomis.

Probably more I'm forgetting. Also no Locust at all apparently.

HiiiLife

So no Tai and Carmine? Wtf mang.

I still think Carmine is the worst offender. They did a campaign in the past to vote for his character to die lol. Fans love them.

Marvel

could never
I have zero doubt Carmine's will make it in and soon. But not to be included at launch is awful.

rrc1594

Do you think Gears is going to keep the 2 year cycle? I mean if they did and Halo keep it's cycle. That means Gears 5 and Halo 6 in the same year

Figments

So, uh, where's the GearsGAF Xbox Club? At least for preview members right now. Or am I supposed to default to the regular NeoGAF club for LFG?

From what I've seen, the following characters are MIA.

All Carmines, Jace, Dizzy, Griffin, Prescott, Bernie, Adam Fenix, Barrick, Tai, Valera, Sofia, Paduk, Alex, Onyx Guard, Loomis.

Probably more I'm forgetting. Also no Locust at all apparently.
I'm more hyped for GoW 3 at this rate.

What are they doing.

Azzawon

So, uh, where's the GearsGAF Xbox Club? At least for preview members right now. Or am I supposed to default to the regular NeoGAF club for LFG?

Here! Just sent my request myself - GT is the same as my username.
hD3YrQA.png

I'm more hyped for GoW 3 at this rate.

What are they doing.

I mean, I suppose it's possible there are hidden characters but I really doubt it considering what they're doing with the Gear Packs and the crafting/scrapping system.

Hopefully a majority of the missing characters will be added with the monthly DLC drops at the very least.

Although if they don't then I have no clue what they're doing. If they can go out of their way to add Run The Jewels as multiplayer characters then why the hell can't we get some of the most notable characters from previous games?

Xater

Do we also have like a Google doc with Gamertags going? I mean not everyone is in the preview program and can use clubs. That includes me.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone else having trouble redeeming the LE Bundle Contents packs?

Everything is fine. But this just sits in ready to install and won't install. The error code doesn't even exist on support.

0x8000000e

Anyone else having trouble redeeming the LE Bundle Contents packs?

Everything is fine. But this just sits in ready to install and won't install. The error code doesn't even exist on support.

0x8000000e

I had a similar issue with the pack from the Crimson Omen controller. What worked for me was clicking See in Store at the top and installing from there.

JimiNutz

Banned
I mean, I suppose it's possible there are hidden characters but I really doubt it considering what they're doing with the Gear Packs and the crafting/scrapping system.

Hopefully a majority of the missing characters will be added with the monthly DLC drops at the very least.

Although if they don't then I have no clue what they're doing. If they can go out of their way to add Run The Jewels as multiplayer characters then why the hell can't we get some of the most notable characters from previous games?

Is this actually confirmed?! Because fuck Carmine if I can play as Killer Mike and El-P then I'm all good.

Xater

Is this actually confirmed?! Because fuck Carmine if I can play as Killer Mike and El-P then I'm all good.

Has been confirmed for a while now.

Also who says they will not add more skins and characters down the line? It's basically a given considering they will make bank with these gear packs.

pitchfork

Oh yeah! my most anticipated title this gen!

Got my gears elite controller (its beautiful) ready for tomorrow!

cannot fucking wait!

Has been confirmed for a while now.

Also who says they will not add more skins and characters down the line? It's basically a given considering they will make bank with these gear packs.

It's certainly possible that they will. I actually expect them to in the cases of characters like Carmine, Dizzy, Tai, etc.

I just think the roster at launch is incredibly underwhelming and I really hope it's not a case of TC intentionally holding some of these characters back to drive Gear Pack sales down the line.

JimiNutz

Banned
I didn't watch it myself but apparently they showed this on stream and Rod said they would be available for download on November 1st.

Goddamn! As a big El-P and Killer Mike fan this is awesome news. Hope they have unique character dialogue as well.
Bring on more guest characters as DLC!

Just got my Ultimate Edition 1 day early from a local retailer(Romania). Fuck I hope this game is good with all these money spent.

It really bums me out that the game does not have offline Horde. My twin brother loves Horde, but he has awful internet connection. If everything is calculated online, it sucks big time for him.

It really bums me out that the game does not have offline Horde. My twin brother loves Horde, but he has awful internet connection. If everything is calculated online, it sucks big time for him.

Eurogamer said they've been playing solo horde, so I think it's available.

Xater

If someone wants to get me these Rockstar codes I'd be grateful. These cans are not available to buy here because MS still can't find Europe on a map.

Top Bottom