• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It's sort of funny how few fucks Nintendo gives for the normal PR cycle. No announcements of announcements for the press, just 'we'll be telling everyone stuff in ten hours.'

it's the Nintendo difference. A difference I bleeding love

StayDead

it's the Nintendo difference. A difference I bleeding love

So much more hype and excitement as they never spoil anything and you never find yourself waiting for ages as you never know anything.

I also love how frequently they give out the info, no more waiting all year for E3 every year.

I'm so sorry, but:

Ready for this.

Pl6h5.gif

Right after one another made me laugh hard. XD

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So much more hype and excitement as they never spoil anything and you never find yourself waiting for ages as you never know anything.

I also love how frequently they give out the info, no more waiting all year for E3 every year.

E3 has become basically irrelevant to me when it comes to Nintendo. Still, I would love a good old big style show like the previous ones

I'm that glued to US election shit that only a tweet from AceBandage alerted me to this...

with that said: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

My body. Is. READY.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My alarm will go off for class right when this is ending. I'm sure as hell not going to be hitting the snooze button tomorrow morning!

Hiltz

It's not just about Miiverse. From what I get, Nintendo is going to open the curtains (pun intended) on the OS-level features.

Or he could say we'll have to wait for the next Nintendo Direct. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Or he could say we'll have to wait for the next Nintendo Direct. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Nah, Miiverse will be a focus, of course, but the tweet/site specifically says system features other than Miiverse will be covered.

EDIT: For example, we may get an announcement of a TVii like service for Japan, since Iwata mentioned they would talk about that at a later date.

Nah, Miiverse will be a focus, of course, but the tweet/site specifically says system features other than Miiverse will be covered.

EDIT: For example, we may get an announcement of a TVii like service for Japan, since Iwata mentioned they would talk about that at a later date.

I know in the past, Nintendo have spoken about integration being a big part of the WiiU. I am betting Miiverse is going to be the foundation of that integration, so I agree that we will probably see system wide features like TVii.

So GAF royalty just shits on the peons and we pretend its gold

He's hardly NeoGAF royalty, but I guess it would have been better if he waited until 5-60 minutes before the Nintendo Direct to make the translation thread, similar to the press conference threads at E3 time. Now, we just have two threads. lol

batbeg

Starts in my last hour of work :( look forward to glancing at the op in the bathroom though, so thanks cheese

JDSN

Banned
I love these Nintendo Directs, nothing says "lol games journalism" than giving access to the people rather than those tools.

This is what I've been waiting for to know more about the Online good games always come i can wait for that shit...but the online is my bread and butter when it comes to consoles so i can connect with my friends from all over

MarkusRJR

Awesome! I hope we learn about all of the OS features and online. I guess I'll be playing games all night till this ND. HYPE!

OryoN

I love these Nintendo Directs, nothing says "lol games journalism" than giving access to the people rather than those tools.

Just like most of us, Nintendo too, have had it up to here - *show height with hand* - with game journalists and their BS. Not only did they come up with a solution, but they seem to be enjoying themselve doing these Nintendo Directs, and the reception is great too!

When Nintendo is on to something special, the industry takes note. It's only a matter of time before other publishers/console makers follow suit. Better for gamers!

Top Bottom