• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Dereck

This is definitely getting overshadowed by Metal Gear Solid 5.

But, don't worry, I'm paying close attention.

I'm soooooooo on the fence with this game. On one hand, it looks quite fun, on the other hand, I know nothing about Mad Max (which, for some reason, I believe it's a terrible, terrible mistake on my end) and I'm also wary of how the PC port will turn out to be...

Pick up the trilogy box set and you can fix that soon enough.

I've got this game and have been enjoying it so far.

This game is on my radar, but I'm not certain if I want to pay full price for it.

I'm hoping for the car combat to be just as good as Twisted Metal, if not at least comparable. I haven't really paid much attention to this game, so I don't really have a lot of expectations.

That said, I'll be paying attention to this for a while.

Done a few hours now and really liking it, in fact it has kept me away from mgs so far which is surprising.

I couldn't enter my dlc codes yesterday but I assume that's because it's not launched here yet officially?

Hope this sells well, the Devs deserve it.

Apdiddy

anigif_optimized-7818-1432201062-11.gif

I'm ready. My copy along with MGS V is coming in the mail.

watdaeff4

I've gotten so hyped for this game. Reviews be damned, it just looks like fun. I was going to wait until it was on sale, but I caved and ordered it. Got it pre-loaded and ready to go.

Rolfgang

Can't wait until the game unlocks on Steam this evening. The game looks amazing and the first impressions from Gaffers even hyped me up a bit more.

The Steam Forums of this game are extremely toxic by the way, it's insane. They is a whole crusade going on from people who don't want people to buy this game. Often accompanied by a MGS-avatar. It's just sad.

Barrylad

Neo Member
Fantastic OP! Probably going to alternate between this and MGSV, play one tomorrow, then another Wednesday. Too excited to put this off until the mamotth MGS is finished.

Mogwai

Can't wait until the game unlocks on Steam this evening. The game looks amazing and the first impressions from Gaffers even hyped me up a bit more.

The Steam Forums of this game are extremely toxic by the way, it's insane. They is a whole crusade going on from people who don't want people to buy this game. Often accompanied by a MGS-avatar. It's just sad.

Internet forums are pretty sad in general. Raging fanboys doesn't make it better.

I've just finished preloading Mad Max on Steam. I'll probably give it a spin past midnight.

So, is it just me or is the color saturation cranked the fuck up from it's earlier showings?
It makes sense that they would listen to the outcry for more vivid colors, especially since Fury Road's color palette made it that much more appealing, but I can't tell whether or not this is all in my head or not.

SpaceHorror

So, is it just me or is the color saturation cranked the fuck up from it's earlier showings?
It makes sense that they would listen to the outcry for more vivid colors, especially since Fury Road's color palette made it that much more appealing, but I can't tell whether or not this is all in my head or not.

Nah, people have been talking about that for a while so you aren't the only one who noticed the change.

Rolfgang

Yes, they upped the color palette a bit, so it's not a brown version of Fallout 3.

Portman

Game is pre-loaded and ready to go. I've got the film anthology due to arrive tomorrow and I've never seen any of them so I'll have a fun week ahead of me. Now to just divide my time between all this Mad Max stuff and Metal Gear...

zma1013

Kinda wish they didn't change the voice to the thick aussie accent since this movie taking after Fury Road style. It just sounds odd to me now. He had the more straight gruff sound in the movie. I mean, even in the old ones Mel had a more subtle accent than that. Beyond that, I think I'm decently excited to play it.

Kinda wish they didn't change the voice to the thick aussie accent since this movie taking after Fury Road style. It just sounds odd to me now. He had the more straight gruff sound in the movie. I mean, even in the old ones Mel had a more subtle accent than that. Beyond that, I think I'm decently excited to play it.

There was a big backlash against his voice when revealed and I agreed with it his voice was awful and generic.

zma1013

There was a big backlash against his voice when revealed and I agreed with it his voice was awful and generic.

I thought so too and said the same thing but in light of seeing the movie and hearing the new voice, this new one in the game just sounds really goofy to me by comparison to the original generic voice. I guess for me it's a case of you be careful what you wish for.

Nice OT. This is the first game I've preordered this gen so I hope it's good. Although it can't be worse than what I'm currently playing
(Unity)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Going to pick this up in October since I've got MGS to play tomorrow and FIFA later in the month. Looks decen though.

Lucifon

Played about 6-8 hours now and absolutely love it. Does anyone know how to access the ps4 bundled dlc of hood ornaments?

Definity

Played about 6-8 hours now and absolutely love it. Does anyone know how to access the ps4 bundled dlc of hood ornaments?

I simply entered in the code that was inside the game box. That not work for you?
I still can't get the ripper car code to work. :/

Rckstar

13 hours into the game...
Seems like it's this years Shadow of Mordor. Its fun but you have to like the open world games stuffed with the same tasks all over the map.

Now what do i play? MGSV or MM? :(

That's what you get for complaining in review threads: Totally forgot I pre-ordered the game -_-
Now, it's here (Xbone version). Should I open it? Lmao

Phionoxx

Tried out a Sydney based VPN, no luck decrypting it yet on Steam. Guess the release time must be based on a different time zone.

Lucifon

I simply entered in the code that was inside the game box. That not work for you?
I still can't get the ripper car code to work. :/

I redeemed it on psn and downloaded fine. But they're not in game... Unless they're just locked ones? I only have 3 unlocked and I found all those.

Top Bottom