• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

wXwfC4v.jpg

Developer: FreeStyleGames
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: October 20th (NA/AUS), October 23rd (EU)
Platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, iOS
RRP: $99.99 USD, £74.99 GBP, €99,00 EUR

Guitar Hero Live is a revival of Activision's Guitar Hero franchise. It features a new guitar peripheral, two new ways to play and a steady supply of new music available to be played online for free. Coming in only a couple of weeks after Harmonix's revival of their own franchise Rock Band, will we be seeing a resurgence in the plastic instrument genre, and will we see one of the most vicious fanbase rivalries continue?

wXA6U2U.png

Shying away from the five coloured button layout previously used in Guitar Hero, and still used in Rock Band, Guitar Hero Live's new guitar features a six button layout. It consists of three black buttons on top of three white buttons. This is stated to make the game easier to pick up, but much harder to master. The guitar also retains staples of the previous guitars, including a clicky strum bar, a whammy bar, and a large button to activate Hero Powers. There is also a new button that allows the player to immediately connect to Guitar Hero TV whenever they want.

Although Guitar Hero Live has dropped both bass and drums, vocals are still supported in Live quickplay and GH TV. All you need to do is plug in a USB microphone and the vocal track will appear above the guitar track and plays identically to how vocals usually do. Vocals will also have their own score tracking. However, a guitar will still have to be connected for vocals to appear, so pure vocalists may want to wait on this game until solo vocals are supported.

guitar-hero-live-guitar.png

JdDEo25.png

Guitar Hero Live is the game's on-disc portion, and is something a bit different to what we've seen before. The first notable change is the use of FMVs instead of traditional graphics. The second is that instead looking on at the band, a first-person view from the guitarist is used, letting the player look out to huge crowds whilst on stage. If you rock, the crowd will react accordingly. If you suck, well, they will do the same. The game will also take away the track during moment with no guitar, letting you really get a feel of the crowd.

Live will put you in the position of the guitarist of various bands of varying fame, genre and members. These bands play at one of two festivals, the UK's biggest outdoor festival SoundDial or the US's unique musical event Rock the Block. If you're band is at the top, they take the main stage in front of thousands of fans. If you're band is a little more underground, they'll play on a smaller stage with with smaller crowds. All the bands also have a little bit of story to them, mimicking the trials and tribulations many real bands go through.

Live's campaign will be singleplayer only. Live quickplay IS multiplayer, supporting a second guitar and vocals. Both feature the same songs. The songs featured in the Live portion can be found below.

omfqRHH.png

First off, it's worth mentioning that GH TV is an online-only service. However, it will NOT require PS+/XBL. Songs featured in this portion of the game cannot be downloaded to your console and can only be streamed.

The majority of songs featured in the game are part of GH TV, a music streaming service that will be continuously updated with new music. GH TV consists of various continuously running channels that play different themed shows such as "Metal Icons" or "Rock Classics". These channels will be constantly playing music and the player can jump in and start playing whenever they want, competing against 9 other players that are listening to the same channel. You can also plug in another guitar, a microphone or both to play with friends. Carrying on from Star Power, GH TV lets the player use Hero Powers. Instead of just doubling the multiplier, Hero Powers have a range of abilities, including the traditional multiplier doubler, removing a certain amount of incoming notes, and more. New Hero Powers are unlocked as the player levels up. New music and new channels will be added post-release, and will be available to the player for free, being folded into channels and available on-demand. It is possible that music might get removed from the service in the future, but this has yet to be confirmed. Also, instead of FMVs, GH TV uses music videos or concert footage as the backdrop.

GH TV contains two types of in-game currency. Credits are earned whilst playing one of the channels, and Hero Cash is purchased with real money. Hero Cash's sole functionality is to purchase play tokens, although you can purchase them with credits too. These allow players to play whatever song they want whenever they like, rather than waiting for them to come on one of the channels. The player will receive multiple tokens when they first access GH TV, and will receive some every time they level up. With Credits the player can also buy cosmetic items such as different fretboards and player cards. There is also a party pass, which the player can purchase to get unlimited on-demand access to all songs for 24 hours. This will cost $5.99 USD, £4.79 GBP or €5,99 EUR.

Another aspect of GH TV is GH TV Premium. Premium shows can range from brand new music videos to special live footage. To access a premium show, the player must complete basic challenges such as getting three stars on a specific song. They can also access them immediately using Hero Cash. If you do well at Premium Show, you will be rewarded with items such as unique note highways and playercards, boosts to Credit accumulation, discounts to store items and more. These premium shows will run for a certain period of time and then new ones will take their place, each providing new rewards.

atWQfE0.png

The following songs are featured in the Live portion of the game, although some will appear in GH TV.

1. "45" - The Gaslight Anthem
  2. "The Anthem" - Good Charlotte
  3. "Bangarang" - Skrillex
  4. "Been Away Too Long" - Soundgarden
  5. "Berzerk" - Eminem
  6. "Bones Exposed" - Of Mice & Men
  7. "California King Bed" - Rihanna
  8. "Club Foot" - Kasabian
  9. "Counting Stars" - OneRepublic
  10. "Demons" - Imagine Dragons
  11. "Everybody Talks" - Neon Trees
  12. "Girls" - The 1975
  13. "Gold On the Ceiling" - The Black Keys
  14. "Ground for Divorce" - Elbow
  15. "Here's to Never Growing Up" - Avril Lavigne
  16. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers
  17. "I Will Wait" - Mumford & Sons
  18. "Keep On Swinging" - Rival Sons
  19. "The Kill (Bury Me)" - Thirty Seconds to Mars
  20. "King for a Day" - Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn
  21. "Lazaretto" - Jack White
  22. "Lies" - Deap Vally
  23. "Little Monster" - Royal Blood
  24. "Lived a Lie" - You Me At Six
  25. "Love Bites (So Do I)" - Halestorm
  26. "Mind Your Manners" - Pearl Jam
  27. "Mountain Sound" - Of Monsters and Men
  28. "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" - Fall Out Boy
  29. "Now" - Paramore
  30. "Nuclear Family" - Green Day
  31. "Paint It Black" - The Rolling Stones
  32. "R U Mine?" - Arctic Monkeys
  33. "The Rock Show" - Blink-182
  34. "Shadow Moses" - Bring Me the Horizon
  35. "Sundial" - Wolfmother
  36. "Tie Your Mother Down" - Queen
  37. "Tragedy + Time" - Rise Against
  38. "Victory Over the Sun" - Biffy Clyro
  39. "Waking Up in Vegas" - Katy Perry
  40. "Wastelands" - Linkin Park
  41. "When You Were Young" - The Killers
  42. "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who

pwlKcjR.png

These are the songs available at launch for GH TV. These can only be streamed online and will not be available to offline players. There were 200 available songs on launch day.

1. "A Heartbreak" - Angus & Julia Stone
  2. "A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend
  3. "According to You" - Orianthi
  4. "Addicted to Pain" - Alter Bridge
  5. "All the Rage Back Home" - Interpol
  6. "All the Small Things" - Blink-182
  7. "Also Am I" - 36 Crazyfists
  8. "Always with Me, Always with You" - Joe Satriani
  9. "American Idiot" - Green Day
  10. "American You" - Yelawolf
  11. "Another is Waiting" - The Avett Brothers
  12. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet
  13. "Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz
  14. "Asleep at the Wheel" - Band of Sjulls
  15. "At Night in Dreams" - White Denim
  16. "Back in the Game" - Airbourne
  17. "Before He Cheats" - Carrie Underwood
  18. "Before I Forget" - Slipknot
  19. "Best Day of My Life" - American Authors
  20. "The Best Thing (That Never Happened)" - We Are the In Crowd
  21. "Better Than it Ever Could Be" - The Preatures
  22. "Bitter Rivals" - Sleigh Bells
  23. "Black Me Out" - Against Me!
  24. "Black Rain" - Soundgarden
  25. "The Blue, The Green" - Lonely the Brave
  26. "Bohemian Like You" - The Dandy Warhols
  27. "Brainfreeze" - Decade
  28. "Breaking the Law" - Judas Priest
  29. "Buddy Holly" - Weezer
  30. "Bulls on Parade" - Rage Against the Machine
  31. "Buried Alive" - Avenged Sevenfold
  32. "California (Cast Iron Soul) - Jamestown Revival
  33. "Can't Let Go" - Heaven's Basement
  34. "Chasing the Sun" - Hilary Duff
  35. "Cherry Pie" - Warrant
  36. "Chop Suey!" - System of a Down
  37. "City" - Spring King
  38. "The Clincher" - Chevelle
  39. "Cochise" - Audioslave
  40. "Coconut Dracula" - Islander
  41. "Cold Shot" - Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
  42. "Come On Over" - Royal Blood
  43. "Come With Me Now" - Kongos
  44. "Coming of Age" - Foster the People
  45. "Cool Kids" - Echosmith
  46. "Cowboys From Hell" - Pantera
  47. "Cry of Achilles" - Alter Bridge
  48. "Cult of Personality" - Living Colour
  49. "Dark Sunglasses" - Chrissie Hynde
  50. "Deliver Us" - In Flames
  51. "Demon Dance" - Surfer Blood
  52. "Demon to lean On" - Wavves
  53. "Diamond Eyes" - Deftones
  54. "Disposable Teens" - Marilyn Manson
  55. "Don't Let Me Be Lonely" - The Band Perry
  56. "Don't Be Cruel" - Cheap Trick
  57. "Don't Give Up" - Kevin Rudolf
  58. "Don't Owe You a Thang" - Gary Clark Jr.
  59. "Down With the Sickness" - Disturbed
  60. "Drive" - Incubus
  61. "Edge of a Revolution" - Nickelback
  62. "Elevated" - State Champs
  63. "Epic" - Faith No More
  64. "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor
  65. "Eyes of a Stranger" - Queensrÿche
  66. "Fallen Angels" - Black Veil Brides
  67. "Famous" - Charli XCX
  68. "Feed the Mantaray" - Slaves
  69. "Feel So Close" - Calvin Harris
  70. "Fell in Love with a Girl" - The White Stripes
  71. "The Final Episode (Let's Change Channel)" - Asking Alexandria
  72. "Finale" - Funeral Party
  73. "Float On" - Modest Mouse
  74. "Forever" - Puppy
  75. "Freak on a Leash" - Korn
  76. "Friday Night, Don't Ever Let It End" - Spector
  77. "Ghost Walking" - Lamb of God
  78. "Girl's Not Grey" - AFI
  79. "Girls & Boys" - Good Charlotte
  80. "Girls/Girls/Boys" - Panic! at the Disco
  81. "Going to Hell" - The Pretty Reckless
  82. "Got the Time" - Anthrax
  83. "Gravedigger" - Architects
  84. "Guerilla Radio" - Rage Against the Machine
  85. "Handlebars" - Flobots
  86. "Handwritten" - The Gaslight Anthem
  87. "Hanger 18" - Megadeth
  88. "Hanging On the Telephone" - Blondie
  89. "Harlem" - New Politics
  90. "Heaven" - The Psychedelic Furs
  91. "Hell Yeah" - Rev Theory
  92. "High Road" - Mastodon
  93. "Higher Ground" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  94. "Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Live)" - Pat Benatar
  95. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers
  96. "Hold Back the River" - James Bay
  97. "Hunger Strike" - Temple of the Dog
  98. "I Fought the Law" - The Clash
  99. "I Gotsta Get Paid" - ZZ Top
  100. "I Have a Problem" - Beartooth
  101. "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked" - Ida Maria
  102. "I Wanna Dance (But I Don't Know How)" - Skaters
  103. "I Want it All" - Queen
  104. "I Want You to Know" - Zedd ft. Selena Gomez
  105. "In Due Time" - Killswitch Engage
  106. "In the End" - Black Veil Brides
  107. "In Too Deep" - Sum 41
  108. "It Must Really Suck to be Four Year Strong Right Now" - Four Year Strong
  109. "It's Real" - Real Estate
  110. "Kathleen" - Catfish and the Bottlemen
  111. "The Kids Aren't Alright" - The Offspring
  112. "Lazerray" - TV on the Radio
  113. "The Lazy Song" - Bruno Mars
  114. "Leave It Alone" - Broken Bells
  115. "Left Hand Free" - alt-J
  116. "Let Her Go" - Passenger
  117. "Limelight" - Rush
  118. "Little Games" - The Colourist
  119. "Little Talks" - Of Monsters and Men
  120. "Live While We're Young" - One Direction
  121. "The Looking Glass" - Dream Theater
  122. "Louder Than Ever" - Cold War Kids
  123. "Love Don't Die" - The Fray
  124. "Love Rears Its Ugly Head" - Living Colour
  125. "Lust for Life" - Iggy Pop
  126. "Medicine" - Sunset Sons
  127. "Message in a Bottle" - The Police
  128. "Metal Zone" - The Vines
  129. "Misery" - Soul Asylum
  130. "Miss Teen Massachusetts" - Skaters
  131. "Moaning Lisa Smile" - Wolf Alice
  132. "Modern Day Cowboy" - Tesla
  133. "More Than a Feeling" - Boston
  134. "Move, Shake, Hide" - Marmozets
  135. "My Own Worst Enemy" - Lit
  136. "Na Na Na" - My Chemical Romance
  137. "Nearly Lost You" - Screaming Trees
  138. "New Horizons" - Flyleaf
  139. "Nightmare" - Avenged Sevenfold
  140. "Nine Lives" - Turbowolf
  141. "No Shows" - Gerard Way
  142. "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" - We Are Scientists
  143. "The Ocean" - Tonight Alive
  144. "Oh Love" - Green Day
  145. "The One I Love" - R.E.M.
  146. "The Only Son of the Widow from Nain" - Mudhoney
  147. "Pedestrian at Best" - Courtney Barnett
  148. "Red Hands" - Walk Off the Earth
  149. "Remember" - Sunset Sons
  150. "The Rifle's Spiral" - The Shins
  151. "Right Back at it Again" - A Day to Remember
  152. "Rimbaud Eyes" - Dum Dum Girls
  153. "Rise Up" - Cypress Hill ft. Tom Morello
  154. "Rollercoaster" - Bleachers ft. Charli XCX
  155. "Rollin' and Tumblin'" - The Gaslight Anthem
  156. "Round and Round" - Ratt
  157. "San Francisco" - The Mowgli's
  158. "Satellite" - Rise Against
  159. "Sex on Fire" - Kings of Leon
  160. "Shark Attack" - Grouplove
  161. "Shepherd of Fire" - Avenged Sevenfold
  162. "Sing" - Ed Sheeran
  163. "Sirens" - Pearl Jam
  164. "Somebody to You" - The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato
  165. "Sometimes" - Blitz Kids
  166. "Sometimes She Cries" - Warrant
  167. "Sounds Like Balloons" - Biffy Clyro
  168. "Spoonman" - Soundgarden
  169. "Stacy's Mom" - Fountains of Wayne
  170. "Still Into You" - Paramore
  171. "Stone" - Alice in Chains
  172. "Stricken" - Disturbed
  173. "Strife" - Trivium
  174. "The Struggle" - Grizfolk
  175. "Sweet Remain" - Vista Chino
  176. "Take a Walk" - Passion Pit
  177. "Temper Temper" - Bullet for My Valentine
  178. "That Fire" - Black Tide
  179. "That's My Kind of Night" - Luke Bryan
  180. "Thunder Kiss '65" - White Zombie
  181. "Thunder on the Mountain" - Bob Dylan
  182. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys
  183. "Time to Pretend" - MGMT
  184. "Tribute" - Tenacious D
  185. "Try" - P!nk
  186. "Under Cover of Darkness" - The Strokes
  187. "Under the Pressure" - The War on Drugs
  188. "Use Me" - Hinder
  189. "Valentine's Day" - David Bowie
  190. "Vultures and Sharks" - Oceans Ate Alaska
  191. "Wake Me Up" - Avicii
  192. "We Are the Champions" - Queen
  193. "Weatherman" - Dead Sara
  194. "What Doesn't Kill You" - Jake Bugg
  195. "Whirring" - The Joy Formidable
  196. "Who Needs You" - The Orwells
  197. "Why Am I the One" - fun.
  198. "The Wire" - HAIM
  199. "You Can't Be My Girl" - Darwin Deez
  200. "You Know I'm No Good" - Amy Winehouse

For a list of songs added post-release, please refer to this Wikipedia page. The Live portion of the game currently features ~330 songs.

40cog1j.png

HByY0z2.png

Destructoid - 9.5

Guitar Hero Live completely took me be surprise. I love the new controller design, the FMV portions work far better than they should, and Guitar Hero TV hooked me with its channel concept. Going forward, I'm hoping that the model further reinvents itself by introducing the world to new music.

The Sixth Axis - 9.0

Guitar Hero Live is exactly what the franchise needed after its five-year hiatus, and I’d go as far to say it’s what the whole genre needed. Although naysayers will lament the lack of more instruments or complain about the non-permanence of extra songs, for many, Live will become the quintessential party game and is already set to be a permanent fixture in my sitting room.

GamingTrend - 9.0

Guitar Hero Live gives us an offline first-person rock-and-roll fantasy, but it’s Guitar Hero TV that gives this series new life. The new guitar gives veterans new challenges while breaking down the barrier to entry for new players. While the on-disc tracks are, in my opinon, throwaway, Guitar Hero TV should keep players busy for a long time to come.

HighDef-Digest - 9.0

In 2015, it's takes a real statement game to justify excitement in the rhythm game genre. 'Guitar Hero Live' is that statement game. With a New guitar, new gameplay, two distinct modes and a new content delivery method that should see players awash in free, marquee songs, 'Guitar Hero Live' is packed. FreeStyle Games has gone back to the drawing board and returned with both a rock star vision and a streaming music/video gameplay model that ought to attract fans old and new. Alongside the normal AAA titles to look forward this holiday, 'Guitar Hero Live' should be of special interest to home theater enthusiasts on account of the sound quality and the enjoyable novelty and passion to be found in the gameplay and visuals.

GodIsAGeek - 9.0

I didn’t expect to fall for Guitar Hero Live the way I did. The new guitar is superb (they’ve retained that clacky sound on the strum bar, by the way) and makes everything feel brand new. GHTV, however, is truly innovative, and means you can just sit there and play for as long as you fancy. If you want to drop out, or suddenly stop, then do so – there’s no penalty, even the second player can drop out without interrupting play. The FMV of the career mode somehow works and is genuinely exciting, too. Ultimately, Live is a phenomenal return for Guitar Hero, and one that everyone involved should be proud of. To fans of the genre, this is something new and enthralling. Absolutely brilliant.

PSNation - 9.0

Even if you have a huge library of songs for Rock Band and you’re picking that up, you owe it to yourself to give Guitar Hero Live a whirl. The new guitar is a revelation and the impact of the free content updates can’t be overstated. This one’s a game changer.

Gametrailers - 8.7

PlayStation LifeStyle - 8.5

Guitar Hero Live could get away with only being the GHTV side of things. The catalog of songs is huge. The promise of future updates is tantalizing, and it’s far too easy to get sucked in to playing a show and find yourself playing for hours. And all of this comes without a subscription fee of any kind. You just need to buy the game and the streaming library is at your fingertips. But they’ve also added the offline Live mode, and gone above and beyond in creating an extremely unique way to live out your rockstar fantasies. Add in the brilliant new game mechanics that come from the reconfigured guitar controller, and combining our old love of rhythm games with the modern way we consume music, and Guitar Hero Live is the worthwhile reunion of an old favorite that we’ve all been waiting for.

The Hero Feed - 8.0

Guitar Hero Live is a great game. It’s better than I ever imagined it would be and I’m excited to see this revival of plastic guitar games.

ShackNews - 8.0

Forget what you know about old Guitar Hero games. Those are in the past. FreeStyleGames has taken only the most fundamental pieces of what Harmonix and Neversoft introduced and instead put their own unique stamp on Guitar Hero Live. In many ways, it's for the better, especially in GHTV. In fact, GHTV might even have some players wondering why that wasn't the whole game. It certainly makes the live action concert element feel superfluous.

IGN - 7.9

A smartly redesigned controller and addictive song streaming makes Guitar Hero Live a largely enjoyable music game.

Game Informer - 7.5

An exciting new take on the genre hamstrung by a frustrating interaction model for getting and playing the songs you want

ZTGD - 7.0

Gamespot - 6.0

Guitar Hero Live's reinvented mechanics makes music-driven gameplay fresh and fun again, and while that's a truly massive and meaningful change for the genre as a whole, the campaign's off-putting presentation and GHTV's unpleasant microtransactions all sour the experience built up around that gameplay. Still, this successful innovation alone might be reason enough to grab a new axe and rock out regardless.

Special thanks to Fantasy Final for making it incredibly easy to live up to the last Guitar Hero OT. Hopefully my first OT is up to snuff.

JjxJzg9.png

That on-disk set list......yeesh
It makes up heavily with the live portion. Been playing the shit out of this all weekend and this is the first time since the original rock band I prefer GH. Learning the new guitar has been fun as hell, advanced is a great challenge. Expert is just too ridiculous for me currently.

How...how do you play Bangarang on guitar?

All the wub wub parts are on guitar, it's pretty funny.

Zalman

I tried this in-store. As a longtime Guitar Hero fan who was looking forward to a revival, I'm sadly not impressed. I don't think using only three fingers feels nearly as satisfying, and the black/white aesthetic looks dull to me. I hope others find something in it to enjoy though.

I tried this in-store. As a longtime Guitar Hero fan who was looking forward to a revival, I'm sadly not impressed. I don't think using only three fingers feels nearly as satisfying, and the black/white aesthetic looks dull to me. I hope others find something in it to enjoy though.
I suggest giving it another try someday, my friend was the same way when he first tried it at some convention, once you put time into it, it becomes a lot of fun. The one thing though is muscle memory messing with me terribly, my pinky randomly attempts to hit a button that doesn't exist. Lol

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That on disk playlist is like No-Rock Band (with few notable exceptions). Ugh. But the Live thing sounds pretty good. Still not convinced that I should get another plastic junk after all the other plastic guitar that are lying in a dark corner since years.

elfinke

If I end up jumping back into plastic instruments, I like what this GH is doing a lot more than the new RB. I'm not invested into either of them from the prior generation, so I'm not encumbered that way.

Seems though that it will be worth watching from the sidelines for a little while, see how the different services pan out.

Oh, and nice OP!

CloudWolf

I'd buy it if the Guitar Hero TV portion wasn't Xbox Live Gold-only. The on-disc setlist just isn't good enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Alpha_eX

Glad they haven't taken the Rock Band "don't change it, make it HD" approach, the 6 button layout makes it a new game and worth picking up.

Green Day has sealed my purchase.

How in depth will GHTV become? I'd love for it to have full artist discographies at some point.

Green Day has sealed my purchase.

How in depth will GHTV become? I'd love for it to have full artist discographies at some point.

Nobody knows, really. 200 songs at launch is a good start, and we know they have qualms with including multiple songs from one artist. With the channels system it's possible they might have a show like, say, "Green Day Classics", where a shitload of Green Day music is put on.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm excited!
Ghtv seems like such a better system than having to pay for everytime I want to play a song not on the on disc set list

Nobody knows, really. 200 songs at launch is a good start, and we know they have qualms with including multiple songs from one artist. With the channels system it's possible they might have a show like, say, "Green Day Classics", where a shitload of Green Day music is put on.
I'm sure they'll go about it that way. Right now there is an avenged sevenfold live channel playing back to back showing video from a concert in the background, it's really awesome.

Xater

Having played both games, I think this might end up being a better game than Rock band 4. I liked the changes to the guitar and GHTV is a cool idea.

I've already picked up rockband so I doubt I'll be grabbing this until it gets its price cut a bit.
For the way I tend to play GHTV seems like it will be a much, much better system than the pay-per-track set up in Rock Band. It's basically the reason I actually want to play it now.

HvySky

Sounds good to me. GHTV seems like a step towards what I always thought these games should be. Hopefully they're able/willing to support it for the foreseeable future.

fernoca

Darn nice OT! :)
Amazon order is Preparing for Shipment!, here's hoping it arrives fast (free standard shipping :p).

I've already picked up rockband so I doubt I'll be grabbing this until it gets its price cut a bit.
For the way I tend to play GHTV seems like it will be a much, much better system than the pay-per-track set up in Rock Band. It's basically the reason I actually want to play it now.
The whole interface is a big reason why I prefer this, it's really cool how there is always something playing and you can just jump into it.

Yaari

That 75,- at Amazon.fr is a steal. I was happy with my coupons at amazon.de to bring me down to 71,- but wow. Anyone in Europe considering this, should probably get on that. You can still cancel anyway.

I paid way too much for that RB4 guitar. I wonder who makes the ones for GH.

My biggest question is how they will support this game moving forward. Will they bother with big name artists? After all, they don't really make much money from additional content for GHTV. Right?

Can't wait to play.

The Live portion is a dream come true, the setlist is alright, and GH TV looks amazing. Shame about it requiring Gold, though.

Still, when I can afford it, this game is gonna get got!!

j-wood

Did I read that correctly in that you can only play the on disc songs single player?

So for two people to play you HAVE to play the TV portion? WTF is that?

DMNBT

Neo Member
So: no 2-player offline and only 42 songs on disc? Yeah, I'm waiting until it drops down in price heavily.

Did I read that correctly in that you can only play the on disc songs single player?

I would imagine part of reason why is making the first-person stuff a little more immersive. I'm not actually sure on vocals but it does state explicitly single-player. Two guitars definitely isn't happening.

T.O.P

Banned
GHTV has a pretty amazing track list for D1

Still hoping to see some of my favourites in the next few months, gonna be pretty busy until then tho :)

Brew124

I'll be picking this up tomorrow.. I'm really interested in the new guitar and the Live portion of the game. GHTV looks like it can be something amazing if it keeps expanding with newer stuff frequently enough.

.hacked

My double Guitar Pack for PS4 is waiting for pickup tomorrow at Best Buy, I am ready.

Hope the build quality is good. My Rock Band 4 guitar's green button started sticking after a week and by last Saturday it was unusable. Luckily I was able to return it (upgraded to full band set in the process).

j-wood

I would imagine part of reason why is making the first-person stuff a little more immersive. I'm not actually sure on vocals but it does state explicitly single-player. Two guitars definitely isn't happening.

I mean...you can't have two tracks on screen both in first person? Seems silly. Waiting for a big price drop on this one now.

This is definitely incorrect. There is a whole dedicated Quickplay section for the Live content/songs that supports two guitars (vs style, same notes) and a vocalist.

Top Bottom