• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Regginator

The season pass is currently discounted at -75%, got it for 7,49€.

If you own most of the Deus Ex games, it's even cheaper. I have everything except The Fall and the MD season pass, and it's €6,63 for me to complete the collection.

But I'm still not sure whether to buy it or not. The Fall is apparently an utter shitfest and I have a feeling the MD season pass content is awfully underwhelming. So even less than €7 for both hasn't convinced me yet.

Quick edit: pic for reference

screenshot_1b5pw4.jpg

Moff

just finished criminal past I bought in the steam sale and I am super impressed. One of the best levels in the franchise. Now with one year distance and this refresher, I also think that Mankind Divided is my favourite stealth game ever. I just love how it plays, how in control you are, but still challenges you, especially if you play stealth/nonlethal, how everything feels right, immersive and rewarding.

I just saw there was another Jensen Story, I thought there were just 2. Is System Rift good as well?

Akai__

just finished criminal past I bought in the steam sale and I am super impressed. One of the best levels in the franchise. Now with one year distance and this refresher, I also think that Mankind Divided is my favourite stealth game ever. I just love how it plays, how in control you are, but still challenges you, especially if you play stealth/nonlethal, how everything feels right, immersive and rewarding.

I just saw there was another Jensen Story, I thought there were just 2. Is System Rift good as well?

I personally liked Criminal Past more, because I felt like it was more fleshed out. But System Rift is still pretty good, especially if you like the stealth aspect of the game.

Dec

If you own most of the Deus Ex games, it's even cheaper. I have everything except The Fall and the MD season pass, and it's €6,63 for me to complete the collection.

But I'm still not sure whether to buy it or not. The Fall is apparently an utter shitfest and I have a feeling the MD season pass content is awfully underwhelming. So even less than €7 for both hasn't convinced me yet.

Quick edit: pic for reference

screenshot_1b5pw4.jpg

Ya I also was only missing the season pass and the DLC so it was less than $7 CAD.

It was beyond worth it. The two DLCs were like 10 hours of really good content.

Moff

finished System Rift as well and did not like it a lot, just like the first Jensen Story it was just not very exciting.
Criminal Past was a lot better, much more interesting location, setting and plenty of NPCs to talk to, that goes a long way. It even had some decisions you could make, really well done.

I initially did not like the way the jensen stories are handled, this standalone design, but I appreciate it now 1 year later because they are obviously a lot easier to access after a break of the game. I would definitely be up to for a few more Criminal Past like dlcs, but I guess that was it from Deus Ex for quite a while.

So I finally beat this, before I get to how I feel,I want to say Human Revolution was the first Dues Ex game I played and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a major surprise for me.

I was pumped for the sequel when it got announced, but as near it's release date was a busy busy time for me. It came out when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii and after listing to the bombcast talk about it and reading reviews, I knew it was good but just more of the same as the first one. I somewhat lost interest.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when it goes on sale on Xbox live for $15, I decided to jump in. I knew I would like the game, as I do, but it truly was more of the same. There wasn't really anything new to it. But as they say, don't try to fix something that's not broken.

As much as I like the game, my biggest compliant is the boring story. It was just uninspiring and bland. The last one I feel like told a better story and the boss characters sort of gave is some flavor. I couldn't tell you what this one was about, it wasn't convoluted but just boring. I rather it had a stronger focus on why Jensens has new augs and what happened to him between this and the last one. That would of been a more interesting story.

Final after credit cut-scene was very interesting. Are we to believe Jensen isn't who he thinks he is? And why is Elizabeth with the illuminati!!? These ideas and questions are so much more interesting than the story they gave us.

Dunan

The Season Pass discount has come to the PS4 -- just $7.49! -- and I pulled the trigger and am looking forward to playing them, particularly A Criminal Past.

How does the download work? As soon as I bought it, I got those weapons/credits packs from the PSN right away. (I don't really care about those at all.)

I had to load the game up to initiate downloading of the DLC, and I can't seem to get A Criminal Past. The game is currently downloading ~5.6 GB of System Rift; does it have to finish that in order for A Criminal Past to start? If I try to launch ACP from the game's "Jensen Stories" menu, it says "Unknown" (as opposed to the "Purchased" that SR shows). This is more confusing that it should be.

(Edit: I think I've figured it out, or at least a workaround. I looked up A Criminal Past on the PSN (as as add-on for the regular game, *not* the Season Pass itself) and there was a "Download" button rather than a "Purchase" button. It's downloading now.)

SJRB

Gold Member
So I finally beat this, before I get to how I feel,I want to say Human Revolution was the first Dues Ex game I played and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a major surprise for me.

I was pumped for the sequel when it got announced, but as near it's release date was a busy busy time for me. It came out when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii and after listing to the bombcast talk about it and reading reviews, I knew it was good but just more of the same as the first one. I somewhat lost interest.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when it goes on sale on Xbox live for $15, I decided to jump in. I knew I would like the game, as I do, but it truly was more of the same. There wasn't really anything new to it. But as they say, don't try to fix something that's not broken.

As much as I like the game, my biggest compliant is the boring story. It was just uninspiring and bland. The last one I feel like told a better story and the boss characters sort of gave is some flavor. I couldn't tell you what this one was about, it wasn't convoluted but just boring. I rather it had a stronger focus on why Jensens has new augs and what happened to him between this and the last one. That would of been a more interesting story.

Final after credit cut-scene was very interesting. Are we to believe Jensen isn't who he thinks he is? And why is Elizabeth with the illuminati!!? These ideas and questions are so much more interesting than the story they gave us.

Agreed on the story. The entire game feels like a first chapter. There's little to to resolution to plot threads, in fact it only adds more mystery and intruige and then slams the door and says "SEE YOU IN THE NEXT GAME".

Even several side-quests lack a proper ending. It's such a bizarre way to handle a narrative-driven game.

Bunga

Agreed on the story. The entire game feels like a first chapter. There's little to to resolution to plot threads, in fact it only adds more mystery and intruige and then slams the door and says "SEE YOU IN THE NEXT GAME".

Even several side-quests lack a proper ending. It's such a bizarre way to handle a narrative-driven game.

I can only assume that they firmly believed they would get the go ahead for sequels but, as we now know, they aren't. Such a shame. Whilst I did prefer Human Revolution by quite a margin to Mankind Divided, I still thought it was a great game. I played both System Rift and Criminal Past and enjoyed both a lot - preferred Criminal Past like most here.

Probably my most beloved franchise is lost now. Sigh.

Akai__

I can only assume that they firmly believed they would get the go ahead for sequels but, as we now know, they aren't. Such a shame. Whilst I did prefer Human Revolution by quite a margin to Mankind Divided, I still thought it was a great game. I played both System Rift and Criminal Past and enjoyed both a lot - preferred Criminal Past like most here.

Probably my most beloved franchise is lost now. Sigh.

I strongly believe that Jim Sterlings sources are not just rumours anymore, especially after reading the comment by the Narrative Director. A previous source told Jim Sterling that Mankid Divided was supposed to be a much bigger game, after Square Enix mandated it to be split into a trillogy. Then he gets a second source, telling him that Deus Ex was split into 2 Mankind Divided games and that the 2nd one was already in production in mid 2015. No wonder that they "believed firmly" that they would get the go ahead for a sequel.

Square Enix is such an unorganized conmpany. Literally anything important that they make (Deus Ex, Hitman, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc... ), is being ruined by their choices in one way or an other.

Ristifer

Every time I see this thread bumped, it's just depressing to me because of how much potential this series could've had moving forward. But there are no promising signs of that at all right now.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Every time I see this thread bumped, it's just depressing to me because of how much potential this series could've had moving forward. But there are no promising signs of that at all right now.

Indeed :( I fucking hate Square, they have ruined everything.

Top Bottom