• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Diablohead said:
Just a note guys, the 800 msp meat boy game won't apply to the spend 2400 get 800 rebate offer because it's already "on sale" and as such is void in the rebate deal this month.

Still it's an awesome price but just remember it won't count.

:lol

Knew MS would find a way to fuck it up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess someone visited the 1200 pt/$15 DD game thread or something, because I sure as hell wasn't gonna bother with this game at 1200 pts but definitely will at 800 pts. Great move

Oli

Diablohead said:
Well pardon me for not being fully confident with microsoft staff...

Whether you believe them or not, you are placing confidence in the Microsoft staff.

i.e. the Microsoft staff wrote the rules too! PARADOX

Diablohead said:
Well pardon me for not being fully confident with microsoft staff...

You also came in to the thread stating it won't work as a fact, when it was just an assumption based on vague legal wording :lol

Absoludacrous said:
You also came in to the thread stating it won't work as a fact, when it was just an assumption based on vague legal wording :lol
vague? i'm glad we know now that it works but when you read the small print and it says it will not work along side another offer what am I suppose to expect? I heard the same from CAG too which is what made me believe it did not work.

"it should work" is vague to me, why can't they say "yes it will work" then?

*edit* i meant cheap ass gamer, not gaf.

Gowans

Those free points from the summer of arcade don't exist to me, I'm looking at it as a refund for Castlevania.

This, Costume Quest & Pinball FX 2 will be what gets me my 800 rebate, launching with a 'sale' then the rebate on top really makes it a hard to believe bargain.

Looking forward to playing tomorrow tho and having some actual game discussion tho. I'm wondering what my breaking point will be but I know I'm gona have some fun.

.nimrod

Is there any way to get 160msp in europe?

I have exactly 2400msp to spend, and besides SMB + costume quest, for me the only thing worth getting would be the 2nd Alan Wake DLC which costs 560msp -.-
Damn you Team Meat for reducing the price, that actually makes it more expensive for me >:|

Danielsan

.nimrod said:
Is there any way to get 160msp in europe?

I have exactly 2400msp to spend, and besides SMB + costume quest, for me the only thing worth getting would be the 2nd Alan Wake DLC which costs 560msp -.-
Damn you Team Meat for reducing the price, that actually makes it more expensive for me >:|
I hate Microsoft's shitty Allards system. I have 1060 points in my account. The system is basically designed so that you always have some useless amount of points left.

.nimrod

Danielsan said:
I hate Microsoft's shitty Allards system. I have 1060 points in my account. The system is basically designed so that you always have some useless amount of points left.
Yeah, i don't wanna buy 500msp (which is the least amount i can get on xbox.com) just for the AW dlc, because i'd never be able to spend the remaining points on something reasonable >:|

todayzee

Danielsan said:

MATHS!

Buy an avatar hat.

xxoo

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Danielsan said:
Good luck find $20 PSN cards for $15 or Buy One Get One Free as MS and Nintnedo Points cards tend to pop up for from time to time.

Gowans

chixdiggit said:
Me as well. A month seems worth the wait for a level editor.
Level editor is coming after PC & Wii release from their interview on the indiegamer.com podcast

From the other thread the points I remembered

- Only person to turn down their character in the game who was asked was the Cave Story Guy.
- There is working code for the Playstation version but it will never come as Sony asked took far to long and missed a bunch of their correspondence.
- Replay Editor re-written two days before cert.
- The light world can take a day for a good player and the dark a week. (Takes Edmund 9hours)
- Bitter about the IGF and won't enter again, too stressful.
- MS Cert is to proof the game from idiots who take out their harddrive mid game while pissing on their 360.
- Localising for areas where you can't get a 360 and is a pain.
- Work is now starting on the PC version then Wii version, tho it's gona have to be trimmed down from 500+mb to <90mb. Alot of that will be sound.
- Level Editor for PC coming later. (starting with only editing pallets from existing game)
- Sound Track coming.
- Would have liked to have replayed upload for everyone on the leader-board but not feasible.
- There is one code to be found in the game
- There are unrevealing characters you can get
- Very proud of the story and how it's told
- Tommy Needs a Girlfriend and Edmund needs Health Insurance (both need money)

Nabs

800pt is a no-brainer, but if you were on the fence:

@SuperMeatBoy
Demo comes with 15 light levels, 15 dark, a warp zone and about 7 bandaids to collect, also has a custom animated ending

That's a ton of content for a demo. More content than some games.

chixdiggit said:
Me as well. A month seems worth the wait for a level editor.
You'll be waiting a lot longer than that. The level editor won't be released for some time.

Salsa

Seeing so many people jumping on board on this game makes me so happy :D

Thanks for the title change

And november cant come soon enoughhhhhhhhhh damn you xbox owners

Nabs

chixdiggit said:
Bummer. I'll check out the 360 demo and decide from there then.

yeah, they said the level editor might come out in 6 months or so (the game is still on track for nov. 20th). they still have to work on it to make it more user friendly. if i had an xbox i'd probably end up double dipping :lol

.nimrod

As soon as the level editor hits
and the mac version is on some crazy steam sale
, i'm probably gonna double dip :D

-Mikey-

First time I'll be downloading an arcade title as soon as it gets released. Will this be on the store at 12am EST? I don't know when they update. :(

Nabs

I think they usually update around 5am est. The SMB website has a countdown that ends at 8am est.

see5harp

Hey guys I was going to create a thread but I figured there'd be enought xbots in here to help answer the question. Should I sell my 360?

GhaleonEB

I haven't had time today to read the full thread, so apologies if this is old. The Ars Technica review made me laugh pretty hard.

When you fail you feel like you need to hone your skills. When you succeed you feel like a surgeon. This is gaming in its purest form, distilled to the essence of high-level platforming. You don't play it, you cut it into fine lines and snort it.​

Top Bottom